Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your clothes

Banned Read only
    I guess mine are hidden in plain sight. It's a DADT situation which means I do not tell her what I buy because she does not ask. It's been growing and growing for years...decades. I started out putting my slips, bras and lingerie in a large box in my night stand. It's still there. However, I now have twenty Xerox boxes stacked up in the playroom which is a converted garage. There is also several boxes in a storage area above the hot water heater. It's out of control.

Dee-anna, like that! I am a fisher, too. Good idea! Under tubs of fishing gear.[/U]

I'm still closeted so I keep almost all my stuff in a big box in my closet. I blend in with the other big boxes and it's labeled "console games". I keep my makeup in a smaller box that's hard to find in my room.

Look at the extremes. Fully accepting SO's and everything is hiding in plain sight. Closeted and you don't even get a closet. Boxes, totes and musty sheds are your friends.

Being in between those extremes, largely because I'm choosing to keep this out of the sight of my children, I posted this solution a couple years ago......

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...-better-closet

I am pleased to share that this has been an absolutely perfect solution. I still have room to grow my wardrobe a bit but at the same time, I choose to rotate some stuff out which keeps me from becoming a hoarder. My kids haven't gotten into the closet, that I can guarantee. And curiously, the lock has never been questioned. Hmmmm?
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I live on my own, so my femme stuff's in the dresser and the (originally 2nd, now main) bedroom closet, and my guy stuff's in the chest of drawers and the "library" (originally 3rd bedroom) closet. The original master bedroom (which actually has the same floor area as the 2nd bedroom) is my office and guest bedroom (it's got a sofa bed), and the closet's full of computers, network gear, etc. It's at the front of the house, and faces onto a busy street with a bus stop right outside, though. So I decided to make it the office, and sleep in one of the back bedrooms, where it's quieter.

Mostly DADT, but I have a tall dresser in the basement with two hanging racks for skirts and dresses. I only keep a little bit of clothing, my forms, and my nightgowns in the closet upstairs. I don't wear male underwear anymore, so I'm planning on changing some drawers in the bedroom to feminine wear, panties in particular. But I'm quickly needing a rack for shoes, suddenly I have eight pair and counting.

I keep mine in the closet in between my wifes clothes and my man clothes

I live by myself. I am recently divorced so up until now I had no CD outlet, except for the occasional home alone times. But now I have a spare bed room that I keep the few, but growing femme clothes. It still has unpacked moving boxes In there so I keep the door closed when my daughter comes over I tell her it's the junk room and there is nothing she needs in there. I opened the door and she saw the clutter of boxes, and she said "ok". And that was that. When I am alone I do have things laying about. And I joke with my female friend that if someone drops by for a surprise, they will think I have a live in girlfriend!

Not being out, my stuff is hidden away in the garage.

Dresses, skirts and tops are in suit carriers in a plastic storage unit with another on top to hide them.

Shoes and makeup are in a gym bag that is stored up high on a shelf.

Clothes that can be folded, underwear and my wig (in its box) are in a small suitcase tucked out of sight.

Anything that didn't fit in that trio of places is in the roof cavity and hard to get at.

It takes me about 5 minutes to get it all out and the same to put it away. At least it is in a part of the house that I can easily access late at night.

I dream of being able to view and access my treasures from within my own wardrobe but it isn't happening any time soon!

In our joint wardrobes

Julie

Life is easier for those of you who either live alone or are out to your SO. Being in the closet has caused me to find a few creative places in the floor joists in the attic.

No hiding for me anymore, All of my clothes are hung neatly in the wardrobe, shoes on the shelves, everything else in the drawers etc just as it should be. Just not enough space!!!

Reality Check
    Since I'm not hiding from my wife, I keep my clothes in my closet with my male clothes. Obviously, for those hiding their dressing from wives and other household members, this wouldn't work.

A long time ago when I had only a bra and water balloon boobs, I kept them in a drawer in an old wooden teacher's desk that had been converter to a workbench for small hobby projects. I drilled a hidden hole that went through the side and into the drawer and kept a nail in it as a lock. It acted as if the drawer was stuck closed.

In the closet for clothes and in the lingerie chest I built for my unmentionables. Wigs have their own storage area.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    Before I told my wife, I kept my wardrobe in various boxes in the tool room. When the wardrobe expanded beyond the capacity of the boxes, I moved it to a locked gun cabinet.

Now that my wife knows, I keep Wendy's clothes in the closet located in spare bedroom, along with her wigs. Wendy's makeup is intermingled with my wife's.

My swimsuit collection is split up, some are on the bed in the spare bedroom, some in the drawers, but the majority is in a huge plastic container.
    Last edited by wendy; 09-24-2016 at 08:03 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I'm fortunate that my wife and I have separate sections of the house all to ourselves. I have my own full bathroom, bedroom and large office with a living room area and large walk-in closet. I need not hide anything although, we are DADT. I even use some of my prettiest bras for decoration.

bra decor.JPG

We're just older and we are very loving and give each other personal space. So I have drawers full of makeup, multiple dressers full of bras and tops and lingerie and endless hangers of dresses, uniforms and costumes. And shoes everywhere. It's the ultimate wo(man) cave.

Interesting. I have a CD friend that is still deep in the closet but has an amazing collection of all things girly. He installed duct work in the basement of his house that is actually storage boxes.
    Ingenious idea!
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 09-24-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Closet, dresser, bathroom counter

Aspiring Member
    In a heated / cooled 24 hour storage locker about three blocks from my office, three miles from my house. My unit looks like a "girl cave", a California closet with three levels of closet rods, several mirrors, shelving for shoes, a set of hooks to hang purses and belts, a lingeree / hosiery rack, and a full size 1930s style zebra wood vanity, full of makeup, with a huge round mirror and a chair. And a suitcase for a business trip. The storage company has a large lighted display window and my unit is directly behind that window, so there is plenty of light day and night. It gets hot on sunny days and cool on winter days.

I actually keep mine in my wife's closet. Recently she has started to borrow my stuff too. A week from Monday we are both starting a big diet and she said hopefully when we are done we can really start swapping clothes.

I envy all of you girls who keep theirs stuff in closets out in open, not hidding. I keep my things bag behind my computer table. But recently bought small cabinet with lock just for my girly things

I keep all my clothes in a closet in a spare room, that doubles as my man cave.

I hate to admit it but what the heck.
    When I was a young teen 45 years ago I had two very big stereo speaker cabinets which held a lot of clothes and also in a console TVAttachment 266518

I kept them for 15 years in an apartment building I own in the basement marked Apart. 3B when the Pink Fog had left me!

This year after the Pink Fog came back strong after a 15 year dry spell so I hid them in the basement ceiling.

Well after a six month, out of control Pink Fog I'm back to "can't dress" Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

In my closet and bathroom. Used to be in boxes to hide.

No hiding necessary here.
    Jon

I told my wife that I wear panties nearly 3 years ago and I keep them in my dresser. I wear them everyday and keep them in our shared lingerie dresser. We don't talk about it. My other clothes, which is mostly three skirts, 2 tops slips and a nighty are in a duffel bag with my helmet and my body armor. With the exception of my panties, I've never asked to put my clothes in the closet. I don't think she would object but would not be supportive.