Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you feel like you need to hide your stuff

Aspiring Member

do you feel like you need to hide your stuff

Not to hijack Lisa's thread. I was in the closet for more than 40 years. My wife knows I dress and said I can hang my dresses in my closet, but I still feel the need hide my stash. Although it is not really hidden, but more out of sight. Does anyone else feel the same way.
    Sara

Well,I don't have panties on the shower rod! Sorry, reference The Goodbye Girl! Everything is put away but not hidden. I do not actually have a stash, just a second wardrobe! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

No, my SO nows exactly what I have and asks me where a skirt is sometimes as if have not worn it for a while. .
    Part Time Girl

Not at all, my kids are to little to think about different sizes, plus with my misses around no one would be the wiser should they snoop through our closet, in the very unlikely event that even happened

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Negative.
    At least I do not hide any stuff from my wife.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Yes, I keep my stuff hidden, in case the landlord comes in, or i get hurt, or killed. One time the landlord came over, and we were sitting talking, with my computer having a large blown up picture of me in lingerie so he could not miss it, as it was straight across from him. When i finally noticed, i turmnd it off, but, too late! So, i keep my lady things hidden from view.

Not really. If you go in my room, my dresses can be easily spotted in my closet. But I'm not going to point them out or show them off to anyone aside from my SO, or my close friends.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That's NOT possible anymore. Sherry's materialism seems endless!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I keep my stuff in our wardrobes and somethings like big shoes may get hidden when grandchild is staying in our house but we are not home e.g. on holiday and she minds the house and animals

Julie

Aspiring Member
    My wife knows but my kids don't. So I don't have to hide my stuff from my wife but I do need to keep it where my kids won't find it.

Banned Read only
    I hide everything from every one. No one to trust around here.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    No my dresses and blouses hang next to my shirts and trousers in the wardrobe.

Yes, I do. My wife knows I crossdress, and I have even given some of my best dresses to her (we wear the same size, how lucky). But I'm not ready to show her everything I have. She's only seen some of my lingerie and only a couple of pairs of my heels. I brought out my makeup stash and now we both enjoy it but our daughter likes to play with it so some of my best makeup-related things are now missing or used up. Sometimes I think maybe I should have kept my makeup stash to myself
    XOXO,

Bridget

My wife is the only one who knows that I dress and I do not hide anything from her, but other family members yes. We share two large closets which would make it hard for anyone to know whose cloths belong to who. That is unless they were snooping at the size difference. Our children are all grown and gone so its not really an issue for me anymore.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm not ashamed of who I am so I hide nothing.

Reality Check
    I don't hide my clothes, wigs, boobs or butt from my wife. Things aren't out on display but they are not hidden. They are in drawers and closets just like my male clothes or my wife's clothes.

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    My dressing items are kept in my redundant darkroom , my wife knows this but I haven't organised hanging space so everything is stored in boxes and bags . When I've decided what I'm going to wear for my next social outing I wash and iron ithem and hang them in a wardrobe in the spare bedroom that was my daughters. I also keep my jackets hanging in there to prevent them creasing, I know my wife has looked in there , she hasn't said anything but sometimes she's a little off hand with me when I know she's been in that bedroom. I like my choice of clothes and don't feel ashamed of them, although she hasn't seen me I'm hoping one day she will tell me she thinks I dress well and have good taste.

I do not hide any of my clothes (I do not wear my wig or forms so they are buried)

Nope. Like Dana, she knows my wardrobe and will occasionally ask me to wear something she likes, like my new LBD. I love all forms of hose...gartered stockings, pantyhose and thigh highs. I never hesitate to show her. She chuckles as she hates all hose and underwires.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sara66 View Post
    ...but I still feel the need hide my stash. ...
    If you are still referring to your clothes and accessories as "stash" then you still have issues sharing this part of you. My clothes, both male and female hang in my closet or sit folded n my dresser drawers, next to my wife's things.

I live alone. My male clothes are on one side of the closet, my female clothes on the other. I also keep my makeup and brushes in one drawer in my bathroom. If I have company over, it all goes into a trunk I have under my bed secured by a lock.

No. It hangs up in my closet and I keep my underwear in a drawer. I don't feel the need to hide things though I do have a large collection of underwear that I keep in a chest in a guest bedroom. That is kept locked when guests come. They have plenty of space available in the closet.

I have never had to hide my feminine clothing and so glad for that.

Aspiring Member
    Absolutely, if I want peace. I have a storage unit about three miles from my house.

Even though I lived alone, I would still go to great lengths to keep things hidden when I was younger... I feared someone breaking in.... My landlord coming in for an inspection while I was out... Something like a pipe burst while I wasn't there and they had to make an emergency entrance into my apartment... Or just friends or girlfriends dropping by for a visit and me having gurly clothes out in clear view... mymfirst apartment was a tiny studio apt so space was hard to find.. I was just beginning to build my wardrobe though, and so I could easily stash the few items I did have under and behind stacks of sweaters in top shelf of the closet... I eventually upgraded to a larger place and it had a storage locker in the communal Landry room. My collection had grown and I had everything placed in two huge duffle bags that I would keep in there locked up with a a padlock... But it got old REALLY fast as I was going back and forth to the storage locker almost every day to retrieve the two huge duffle bags and lug them back and forth from my apartment- sometimes 2-3 times a day! Plus, it didn't didn't the clothes or footwear any favors as I was trying to cram everything I had into 2 duffle bags and then crams and stuff thise overflowing bags into a small storage locker - the clothes were always wrinkled and some of the shoes began to get scuffs and scrapes... I eventually began keeping my entire gurly wardrobe in a collection of large duffle bags, suitcases, and big shipping boxes in the back corner of the closet with tons of boxes in front of them... Out of sight.

When I moved in with my girlfriend, ...Sadly, I purged my entire gurly wardrobe... One of my biggest regrets as it was probably easily over 5 grand in boots, heels, panties, stockings, bras, corsets, garter belts, stockings, cat suits, etc... Plus it was all stuff from the late 90s to early 2000s when shiny clothing like satin, leather, vinyl, etc was in style! It's virtually impossible to find things like that anymore! But I was petrified she would find it and I tossed it all in a dumpster--- makes me sick to this day just typing it. UGH!

After a few years, that didn't pan out and I moved back out on my own and began to rebuild my wardrobe as best as I could. Now, I've built my wardrobe up even bigger than before (although I still wish I had my gurly clothes back from that purge) and I keep most of it in large shipping boxes, but it's in a separate bedroom closet. That bedroom doubles as a personal home gym as well as my gurly closet/gurly photography studio. I also now hang up many items of clothing that I don't want to get wrinkled or show signs of wear in the corner of that same closet behind big winter jackets and coats. I keep most of my heels in their original boxes to keep them looking new and avoid scrapes and scuffs and keep those in larger shipping boxes with the labels facing up so I can tell which ones are which, and I keep all of my thigh high, crotch high, and knee high boots sitting upright in the corner of the closet to try to avoid any premature wrinkles or creases that would normally occur if I folded them up and packed them back into their original boxes. There isn't really a way to hide them away sorting them on the closet floor, but it's more important to me to have them looking as nice and new as possible for as long as possible. The only thing I do to hide them is drape some large black satin sheets over them that I use as a backdrop sometimes when I'm taking my pics... It's easy to simply yank it away and see them there, but I'm not too worried about it anymore. My wardrobe has gotten too big to go to those same great lengths to hide. It's out of immediate sight anyways and I'm not in a serious relationship with a woman where she has the key to my place or is going to be alone there while I'm not there...

Ah-May-Lee
    I hide all my undergarments. I have this guy who comes over to fix my pipes and I think he has been wearing my tights, so I hide them from him. I think he is a cd.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron