Today something amazing happened...

I MADE EYE CONTACT WITH A BEAUTIFUL GIRL I KNOW. To the average guy it's "whatever, are you social anxious or something" well....yes I am actually. The Term Love shy is when you like someone but aren't able to do anything to attract them (no eye contact, asking out, engaging in conversations)

For me eye contact has always been a "lets try again today shall we" *looks at eyes* Immediately looks away in a half second and starts to turn red
Today however I went near this person at my job, I told my mind "eye contact, its easy, don't worry it doesn't mean you are harassing her" She began talking to me and using all the confidence I have been building on from wearing womens jeans in public to shopping in the womens department, My tolerance to fear had grown. I looked straight into her eyes, It was a weird sensation of the entire room going out of focus, I'm used to looking next to their head to avoid embarrassment while still creating the illusion of eye contact, but not really. It wasn't for 1 second either, I held and saw her eyes look down, then back up.

At this point i cheered in my head then the fear came back and i started looking aimlessly.

So if you are love shy and have never had a GF, kissed a girl, no eye contact...aka really hopeless. CDing could possibly be the solution for many guys out there. By doing something so outlandish and embarrassing as shopping in the womens department and facing intense levels of fear, The brain gets into this mode of "ok this is scary what do i do" and instead of panic, your brain thinks to your triumphs of shopping for girly panties and how when faced with fear you put on a brave and powerful front and pushed forward. It taught me that "there is nothing to be afraid of, you aren't even wearing a bra right now".

I'm pretty sure if i told my mom I CDed, I would gain the ability to say more things that are on my mind to girls without overthinking. Right now Words get jammed behind a dense filter that doesn't let much through. The filter only opens up when I am spoken to, and in this case I try to get as much out as possible, making it kind of awkward that I went from 0-100 just because of a small conversation starter on her end.

It's not so much the CDing is helping me, It's the going into stores and buying it even though I'm horribly afraid. Walking in public afraid my womens jeans will out me at any moment. Wearing womens yoga shorts in public (knee length) and feeling like my legs are the most delicate things on the block and feeling extremely vulnerable. When i compare these experiences to eye contact, the eye contact pales in comparison.