Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boys' loo!

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    I even hate grrly bathroom cubicles! I can't hardly pee in public at t'all; don't know how you boiz do it standing next to someone. Eeeeeks! Scary! At least to me. In fact, one time I had to do a drug test (which I think are stupid and personally invasive) for a hospital I was to work at. It took me 5 hours to pee cuz I knew they were on the other side of the door listening--yes listening. I couldn't run the water or anything. I almost gave up, said I'd have to try another day when I was informed if I did so I'd have to have a 'witness' in the bathroom the next time. With great effort, I finally peed. Eeeeek gad!
    hugs
    kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

peeing shy

I hate peeing at those urinals without dividers too...or if there is a long line behind me. Worst is those troughs at stadiums.....i just cant pee in them....so ive just started waiting to use the stall and dont care if people think its odd or not.
    Cheri

LMAO!!!! Julie, Tiffany, Michelle, Rachel - some of the funniest stuff I've ever read - especially since it's all very true.

All I've got to add is, Cheri, guys don't think twice when they see another guy is waiting for a stall. The natural assumption is that he's got to ....umm, ... well #2, and in the worst way. And with that, the guys only real concearn is to get his buisiness done as quickly as possible and get the hell out of there, cause if some guys really willing to "pinch a loaf" in a public stall, it could get pretty nasty.

As for practical advice, you'll notice that all the guys standing at the urinal have their feet spread several inches apart (don't notice too long, btw). This actually helps to keep the trousers from falling from the waist. What also helps,it to plant the inside of the wrist of your unused hand firmly against the pelvis to hold the pants up.

Sign above urinal at a bar - "We aim to please, you aim too, please."

~Sigrid

p.s. One other thought, I've seen GG's come into the men's room on a few occasions. Guys don't really care. A guy just naturally assumes that the girl came in there just to check him out, and there's a fairly good chance he's gonna get lucky.
    Last edited by Sigrid; 04-29-2005 at 12:21 PM.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrid
    One other thought, I've seen GG's come into the men's room on a few occasions. Guys don't really care. A guy just naturally assumes that the girl came in there just to check him out, and there's a fairly good chance he's gonna get lucky.
    Well, everybody also knows that it's because

(1) lines in ladies' rooms are always longer, and

(2) a woman in the men's room won't freak anybody out, but a man in a ladies' room will probably get arrested.

I know this is the FtM folder, but as long as we're on the subject, I got some good tips from my friend Jennifer about MtFs using the ladies' room when dressed:

(1) Be looking in your purse when you walk in, so that your hair obscures your face

(2) If there's a line, just leave and return later (see #4)

(3) DON'T SPEAK

(4) Don't fail to look at yourself in the mirror on the way out.

In California it's legal for a MtF to use the ladies' room if in possession of a letter from a doctor stating that she is transitioning and 24x7. But arrests often occur anyway, especially if it's a nice place and somebody complains.

I suppose that the same law applies to FtMs in the mens' room, but it's moot because nobody ever raises hell about it.

Sorry for the demi-hijack, people.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

So after all these years you say i'm doing it wrong, sheeshkies. At the urinals I usally:
    1) spray all over the place due to the jewlery there,
    2) look at other guys since i'm tall enough to even see over dividers when they're there,
    3) untuck my shirt and drop my pants as far down as the shirt will cover so the zipper won't catch on anything (when that happens, it hurts nearly as much as the piercing did),
    4) look down at it as much as possible,
    5) twist it 180 degrees so it sprays less (better vantage point to admire the cbr too),
    6) wiggle it dry for sometimes as much as 20 seconds.

See, the thing is there is one single rule to peeing while standing up:
    Don't get your pants wet. And in the event that you do, make sure your shirt can cover it up.

that's my two bits of advice...
    Last edited by AmyCarter; 04-30-2005 at 12:37 PM. Reason: lined up

Amy, I think that a GB can get away with anything in a situation like that, short of

being dressed femme,

looking at somebody's johnson,

an overt proposition, or

peeing on somebody else.

For a FtM CD, there are many more restrictions, natch.
    - Robert Hunter

This is a good one. Shows we can exchange info. Help to us all.
    I think there are a couple of reasons why some guys have pee "block",
    and some don't.
    Some guys are self=conscious about their size. They imagine every other
    guy's is larger. They are not secure in their manhood.
    Another is the way they were raised.
    If a guy grows up in a predominantly female household, particularly with-
    out a male role model, he will be more self-conscious about hiding his
    business, and supressing the noise when he pees. You know, like the
    old saying, about a hen-pecked man. " He is so hen-pecked that when he
    takes a leak, he sticks his foot in the toilet and pees down his leg."
    I think it is all a matter of insecurity.
    I grew up on a ranch, where everything is pretty much out in the open.
    You see the animals doing it, so what's the big deal.
    Us boys used to stand next to a barn wall and see how high we could pee
    up on it. You get used to going with other guys.
    Riding around the ranch, with my dad, everytime he stopped somewhere to pee, us boys locked heels with him and let go. It's just a guy thing that
    you have to get used to, just like we girls have to learn the ropes.
    Don't be so shy, like some others have said here, it's taboo to look down
    at another guys business.

Strange as it seems, I don't think men care less whether ladies, even those who appear as ladies use our loos. We're more practical.

At pop concerts down here, especially if they're in stadiums, it's a very common sight to see ladies queuing for the stalls in the mens loo, while men are using the urinals quite happily.

It the other way around that seems to cause more fuss. Maybe women think they're special?
    My first book, The Shipping Mistake, has been published. It's about all my pre-op years, since I was a child.

It is available for purchase at the following links online:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Lulu (the printer)

You can download a free preview by following any of the book links at Lulu

Platinum Member
    men are like dogs thay don't need mutch to pee bathroom.... tree....tire,.... or just abought any were.....

I would highly recommend NOT doing the following:

Urinal Situation
    There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    ROFL only in Britain lol

That's great. Thanks
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Artistically Feminine Ava Mouse's Avatar

Red face interesting...

This is my first time in the FTM's area... VERY interesting... I feel very male here. LOL...

My most interesting bathroom story took place in Fordham, NY, just a little north of the city. I was driving around for work purposes, and REALLY had to go. So, I hit McDonalds. I walked in, found a bathroom. But no men/women label on it!! I saw a guy walk out, so I walked in. And there was a man and a woman in there! But the stall was empty, I did my business, and left. But CULTURE SHOCK...

I don't care if women use the men's room. I think more women are scared of rape, but I've been a gentleman and guarded empty men's rooms for ladies before.

ANOTHER big culture shock was Japan! Some public bathrooms have urinals, but no stalls or toilets, you squat IN FULL VIEW OF EVERYONE ELSE. I don't know how they balance and go without messing up their pants. I walked into one at a train station and there was a guy squatting there, and I just turned and walked out. NO FREAKIN WAY...

I get pee shy, too, especially if there are no dividers. Not because of my plumbing or upbringing, but why the hell did that guy pick the stall next to me? Go away and let me pee... Especially when I wear panties...

In the stalls I need to keep my pants up to my knees and hide my panties in the top of my pants. Others let everything drop. Not good if the floor is wet or dirty. Yuck!

When entering, I do a quick glance for shoes if all the stall doors are closed. Usually from a point where no others can see me looking. If in doubt I try a different bathroom or time.

One coworker opened the door to my stall because he hit it soo hard, whimpy locks. He apologized for days... Some guys really slam the flushers and break them.

I HATE it when they piss all over the seats. It's as if sloppiness = macho. No, it's unsanitary, and gross. Kick the seat up with your shoe at least.

It's OK to leave the seat up when you stand in a stall in a mens room. It means you didn't piss on the seat, and I appreciate that.

Oh, and don't bother with the little flaps on briefs, just pull your underpants down. I hate those anyway, as my bits kinda fall through the window sometimes. Never have that problem with panties or bikini briefs.

I ALWAYS wash my hands and keep a paper towel for the door handle. Usually, there's a wastebasket, so once you open the door, you can toss it.
    Last edited by Ava Mouse; 06-05-2005 at 07:39 PM.
    Ava Mouse - An artist experimenting with the medium of femininity...
    "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery."

StephanieCD
    If you're trying to blend in... my usual procedure:

Choose a urinal - that game is actually very accurate, btw.
    Walk right up to it.
    Look at nothing except straight ahead - glancing down to undo a button for 2 seconds is ok.
    I unbutton my pants.
    I pull the front down just enough to pull the necessary stuff out - over the underwear - this should be one fluid movement, reach in and pull it out... if you spend more than a thought it might look funky - you're trying to appear as if this is a body part you know VERY well
    Do the business.
    Put it all back in the underwear
    Button, belt etc, as necessary - still looking straight ahead - again, glancing down is ok to do the belt, for example.
    Flush - some guys hit the flush mechanism twice... not me but it's a touch you could add.
    Proceed to the sink but don't make a fuss out of it - if there's a wait, the "guy" thing to do is the just head for the door, in most cases... I almost always at least rinse quick - depending on the location... like in a restaurant, etc... you don't be the guy be known to have dirty hands

It's odd in a mens but - ya don't speak unless spoken to. You only look at three things - the urinal, the sink, and the door.

My take on it. Good luck - keep us updated

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trinity24
    I would highly recommend NOT doing the following:

Urinal Situation
    Thanks for the reminder of why I'm transitioning - not that I needed it.

I don't miss the mens room one little bit!

Anne

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Yeah yeah yeah, illegal my ass.
    I think that anyone should be able to go in whose ever bathroom they want if they are TG.
    I'm pissed off now.
    But enough about that... I figure if you want to go in the girls' loo, then GO. It's not like most people will report you anyway.
    Jesus christ.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

lyrical master
    lol i use the womens bathroom in say a place that has 1 person at a time set up
    and no ladys are waiting or in it. like resturants or gas stations other wise i use the mens. lol i about died when i was reading all of these posts. i personally never had a problem going in and tinkeling but im 6'2.5 or 3 depending on what leg i stand straight on
    lol and normally i look all around it does tend to make the guy next to you nervous. and down in oklahoma women will call the cops fast if you waltz up in there restroom especially not looking femme at all.
    other than that i think you got all the tinkeling standing up rules down cold. peace bro!

Hmm... I think I sometimes look down while I'm urinating, and I've never noticed any guys looking at me funny for doing so. But maybe I'm oblivious.

I agree that that game is very accurate about men's urinal selection choices.

I personally always wash my hands, even if there's a line... and use a paper towel to open the door (then wadding it up and tossing it for a garbage can).

One final note: generally yeah, women are accepted in men's restrooms as far as men not calling the cops or complaining. However, there's another danger which I think men in women's restrooms don't usually have to deal with. It may be pretty obvious, as anyone raised female should know to avoid this sort of situation, but I'd be really careful in situations such as filthy-run down bars late at night in notoriously homophobic areas. If you're read, you might find yourself facing physical and sexual harassment from the men inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    Yeah yeah yeah, illegal my ass.
    I like your attitude! And your spirit! That will take you far as boy.

When in boy mode, I open my fly but do not unbutton the waistband of my trousers / levis / whatever. So, no worries about pants falling too far down (I also wear suspenders - braces to you Brits). Whether wearing skivvies or panties, both are flyless so I just pull down the front, pull out my johnson and go.

I would rather sit in a stall, but it depends on the situation.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 06-18-2005 at 06:33 AM.
    - Robert Hunter

I haven't looked at this thread for ages. What a laugh.

I forgot to add in my initial post that men ALWAYS wash their hands.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Ooooh there's a can of worms!)

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissChrissy
    Another interesting behavior I've observed in men's rooms. Some guys seem to avoid stalls. I've occasionally walked into men's rooms where there are 2 or 3 guys waiting in line for a urinal when there's 2 or 3 empty stalls. I don't quite understand this... it's not like they have a urinal at home (I assume!).
    Hi Crissy,

I would assume this comes back to your comment about peeing quietly - don't want to make the noise.

Another thing that I always had before I transitioned was that I always used to try to avoid using the stalls cos I don't want anyone knowing 'my business', and because of the state of the stalls, filthy, holes dug through walls between them etc.. If I needed to use the stalls, I would hang on and hang on till I had no choice, or till I got home. Don't have that problem since I transitioned, cos there's only stalls in the ladies room - and they're loads more pleasant (with 1 or 2 exceptions).

Anne