Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forgot I shaved my legs. Embarrassing

I kept my legs shaved all summer this past summer for the first time ever. I work in construction, and the only one to notice and say anything to me was my wife, and all she said was how bad it was for her legs to be hairier than mine. No one else even noticed. They just notice the obnoxious tan line that my boots leave.

I must admit I shave them so often lately my wife is wondering why my hair on my legs grows back thinner and hers grows back thicker. I have natural dark skin so even with alittle hair on my legs ifs not notable that there isn't much there.

It's not as bad as getting to the beach, pool or doctor's office with pink toenails.

I have no leg hair; it's genetic along with narrow (AAA) feet for the males in my family, but interestingly, not to the females; my sisters were jealous!
    I have never had a health professional or for that matter anyone, apart from said sisters make a comment about it in my 70+ years of existence.
    I would consider the way your nurse acted highly unprofessional and would speak to her and, if necessary, her supervisor if this sort of thing occurred. That sort of "teasing" should not happen in a medical environment.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Sounds like a great time.

About 20 years ago, I reported to the hospital for some gastro tests, had to wear the dreaded hospital gown too, so my shaved legs were clearly on view. After changing, I was told to go the waiting room only to find that beside a few other patients being in there, most of them apparently brought their whole family with, people everywhere, husbands, wives, kids. And there were signs all over the place stating quite clearly that only patients were allowed in the waiting room. Quite an experience.
    My name is Carol.

OK, I have been a keen cyclist for more years than I care to remember, and started to shave my legs at the age of 16. The reason, nothing to do with area dynamics. Shaved legs are easier to keep clean, many racing cyclit's apply an embrocation to their legs before a race, it's greasy stuff and can attract the dirt, so less hair makes it easier to keep clean. But the main reason for me was when I had the inevitable contact with the ground. Wounds cleaned and surgical tape applied. The pain when the tape was removed!!! After that, waxing is relatively painless. And it might only be in the mind but I am sure that the legs acquire a suntan more quickly when Shaved.

I have been shaving legs and arms daily for maybe six months. I go to a gym almost daily. While I am paranoid about my shaving, I have never had a problem. I would accept the nurses comments as a sweet compliment.🌺