Thread: I think they heard us

I think they heard us

We were at a freinds function last night, of course they sat us with the DJ and photographer and some other people we didn't know. We had a few drinks and we were sitting there not really talking to the other guest at the table and a women walked by and I turned to my wife and told her that I have that dress that women is wearing. My wife turned to me and said " the scary part is, it actually looks better on you then on her". We look around and the others at the table are looking at us. Wops! I guess with the music being so loud I guess we were talking louder then we thought. With them looking at us and my wife feeling alittle tipsy she says." Well he does" That broke the ice and they turned around and continued being bored. We looked at each other and we both started laughing and we couldn't stop, we had to leave the table and outside for some air. Even outside we couldn't stop laughing. We aren't laughing this morning, riding a hang over and asking ourselves if it really happened. Better watch our drinking in the future. Thought I would share found it funny.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 10-02-2016 at 07:53 AM.

I find it is interesting to confirm something or tell the truth.
    People generally don't believe you anyway.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Maria, I just had to laugh as I read your post! Many are the times I've thought to myself, "I wonder how I would look in that dress?" But so far, have never had the opportunity to voice it out loud!

That's funny!

Speaking of talking louder than you thought...

Your post made me think of this from the movie Valley Girl. Nicholas Cage as Randy:

[shouting over the noise just as the music ends] "So, when can I see you again?"

"Friends don't let friends drink and drive"... or let them talk about their crossdressing while under the influence, either...

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Hahahahaha!
    That is a funny one!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Under the circumstance you described Maria, quite likely a case of "no harm, no foul." Continue to enjoy the moment...once the hangover passes that is.

Karen

Funny!! No worries on that one cause everyone will chalk it up to both of you were drunk. I have often thought (like Jen) how would I look in that dress?? I have never uttered it though!! LOL Hugs to both Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Reality Check
    I just finished a response to another "drinking thread". You have to watch yourself when you drink.

That said, my wife and I will sometimes forget who may be around when we are shopping. "I need a blouse to go with that maxi skirt I bought yesterday." can raise eyebrows if I say it within earshot of others. Once we were just a few dollars short of the amount needed for a discount and standing at the register when my wife said to me "Why don't you go back and get another pair of tights?" Oops!

It is so true Krisi when you get comfortable talking to each other opening you forget at times there are people around. That's when my wife suggested I give myself a female name, so we can relate to a person, when asking something in public

Banned Read only
    I've found sometimes people will say something so outrageous just to shock people who are around them. Unless there was some other hint that you like to wear women's clothing, those around you probably thought you and your wife were joking. I think your advice at #11 is a good solution, either having a name or code such as "your sister."

Brilliant story.

Funny story and glad you and the wife got a laugh out of it. I wouldn't worry about who might remember what was said as in a club type atmosphere it's hard to hear much of anything said. Even if they did they might not know exactly what you two meant by that statement. I used to party some with the wife at a club in a nearby town and found 90% of the folks there are always wrapped up in their own little worlds there, add the alcohol and half or more of what was said isn't remembered the next day . Usually just ooooo my head hurts is what's on every ones mind when the sun comes up the next day.... Lol

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    It is so true Krisi when you get comfortable talking to each other opening you forget at times there are people around. That's when my wife suggested I give myself a female name, so we can relate to a person, when asking something in public
    I wish my wife would suggest that but so far she hasn't. There is a female derivative of my male name that would work but unfortunately, we have a new friend and neighbor with that name (she happens to be a lesbian) so there might be some confusion.

Each time this has happened it was accidental so I'm not sure a female name would fix that but I would still like for her to have a female name for me.