Thread: Can't Believe My First Journey Into The World (Dressed); craziest thing you've done?

Can't Believe My First Journey Into The World (Dressed); craziest thing you've done?

I am on a 'spiritual journey" of sorts; a solitary 250 mile bike ride along a nature trail that winds through rural country and small towns along the river. I brought some of Ilene along; my favorite calf-length blue dress (I call her Lady Blue for the floral print on navy); my heels (had to have them), but not a wig (travel conditions too tough) or makeup other than lipstick.
    First day I rode about 40 miles to a small rural midwestern town for a stay at a nice "downtown" square off the trail. I checked in, then found a pub about a block down the courthouse square to re-hydrate after my ride; AND to scout the place out.
    I returned to begin my minor transformation. I shaved my legs while I showered the sweat and trail dust off my body. Donned my favorite black panties and bra and stocking (thigh highs); and Lady Blue. I accented my abbreviated outfit with my favorite silk headscarf, and my largest gold ear hoops; my Mary Jane heels and splashed on a spray of Chanel. I applied lipstick and draped a shawl (actually my Iraqi keffeyah from the war) about my shoulders....... and I walked out into The World dressed for the first time ever.
    I exited the elevator and hotel almost without notice; except for Alex the lobby night clerk. I saw the look of amazement on his face as I glided confidently past him in heels. I was all in, so to speak. The pub down the block I scouted out was nearly deserted, save for one or two tables. I elected for a lone table on the unoccupied outdoor curbside deck, as the evening weather was cool and balmy.
    My waitress was excellent, though she didn't know quite what to make of a man in a dress. I wasn't trying to hide much. No makeup (except lipstick). No wig. Clearly a man in a dress. I could tell by her face, though she went about her initial introduction without wavering, that she was struggling with the surprise. She got the attention of her wait staff because I saw several waitresses stream past the inside window to get a gander at the man in the dress.
    On her second table pass I put her at more ease. " Donna, darling. You have my permission to ASK, or to laugh; but please do not call the police." It was half in humor, but being in a very small rural town of under 10K, one never knows how the city fathers may react to an open CD. We both had a giggle about it, and no further explanation was required. When Donna delivered my meal and refreshed my glass again, she told me she was buying my second glass of wine (needed). The poor dear was practically in tears, stating she had friends who were gay, CD, trans, etc. (generally weird by her standards, I suppose), and she was so touched that I would come OUT dressed. The sheer act was beautiful to her, and she thought Lady Blue was equally beautiful on me.
    Donna gave me a long hug and a kiss when I finished the marsala and paid the bill (naturally with an amazing tip). I was confident on this first-ever trip into The World (dressed), and nearly brazen in carrying out the mission. Donna's kindness and support gave me all the peace and spiritual calm I needed. It was beautiful unto itself. Thanks.
    Tomorrow I have a 50 mile bike leg to another cute B&B down the trail. I have Lady Blue, and it will be interesting to see who I encounter when I dress for the evening again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IleneD; 09-26-2016 at 10:04 PM. Reason: my errors

Wow. What a great day. I can't wait to find out what happens tomorrow!

Hi Ilene,

Sounds like a wonderful experience! Thanks for sharing your story, and I'll keep an eye out for more of your road reports.

Elizabeth

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilene, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

What ever questions that you have there is a 99.875% chance that one or more ladies here will have an answer for you

You really sound like you are really enjoying your retirement......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I love bike rides!
    Craziest thing I've done en femme: I did stand-up comedy on open-mic night, full-on from wig to high heels.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Awesome! Your first time out, too... there must be a story in that.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Ilene, what a wonderful and refreshing story! I am not out yet but stories like yours are so inspiring!! Good wishes for further great adventures!! Keep us posted!! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ilene, nice story. can't wait for another. LOL yeah, had that happen in a restaurant and the waitress would talk to us more then the others, guess we were more interesting.
    Part Time Girl

What a wonderful and exciting story, can't wait to hear more. And I bet the physical journey is beautiful too. Love to hear that someone else went out as a man in a dress. I had my first experience Sunday. It was at a drag show, and not as bold as your outing. Major kudos to you!! I hope you keep sharing the experiences with the locals on your journey.

Wow. That is just.... wow.
    Beautiful, heartwarming story Ilene. Hope you keep us updated on your ride. Be safe out there.
    Hugs, Sayyidah
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

....... and I walked out into The World dressed for the first time ever.
    Wow, now that takes guts! Good for you and I can't wait to hear about your daily travels.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Brilliant, Ilene. What a great read. Please do post more.....
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Silver Member
    Good.
    For.
    You!
    That sounds like an amazing outing, especially for your first. I like your reference to being "all in". Letting the chips fall where they may and being ready for anything.
    It's amazing how many women actually turn out to react positively to us. Men might stare and grimace, but don't usually say anything.

Hoping to hear more on your bike trip. I bike, but always in guy mode, partly because i have a lot of flat tires! But i don't think at six foot six and 250 pounds,i don't have the look for it.

OK. Day 2 and 3, as I cross-dress across the state on a bicycle. Almost.
    My first venture at going out (Day 1 of my cycling adventure) dressed went very well. I walked into a restaurant, sat down and ordered; not hiding a thing. Just a man in a dress. I even coaxed the desk clerk at my hotel to snap a cellphone photo of me dressed n the fancy lobby.
    The rest of this trip has been at bed & breakfasts. All are located in very small towns; cottages or old mansions converted. While there is literally NOTHING (restaurants, bars, stores) around these B&B's, they are often quaintly appointed with fine wood decor and antique furniture. I was the only guest of the house for both of the last 2 B&B's at which I stayed. Perfect for an amateur photo shoot.
    Fo the last two nights of the trip I dressed and staged photos at the (various B&B's), standing before a grand fireplace or mantle or seated on a 19th century antique chair. The entire house was mine (in one case a 5 room post-Civil War mansion). I snapped a dozen or so "selfies". Other than that, I spent the evening, alone, walking about the grand old house in heels and Lady Blue (my long dress); sitting and reading; having a drink..... just enjoying BEING ME.
    Certainly many experienced souls and those at peace with their CD, have felt this kind of peace and calm, a sense of grace that falls over one when you're dressed, even alone and dressed.
    Tomorrow morning the B&B has a chef showing up to cook breakfast. I am the only guest in attendance. I don't know or haven't met him/her. But I will be dressed in full glory, ready to be seated in the dining room.
    Last edited by IleneD; 09-28-2016 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typos