Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Roof is on Fire...

The Roof is on Fire...

and as you are exiting your home you walk past your closet, dresser, jewelry box or shoe rack. You have just enough time to grab ONE item on your way outside. What do you save from the flames? Bonus points if you provide a picture.

For me, it would be my pink ball gown. I love the way it looks and I feel so pretty when wearing it.

mms_img-574987954.jpg

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would save this one guitar I made back in 2012.
    Everything is just perfect about it.
    Clothes can be replaced something you put hard work,love and care into is different.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My family and dogs first then if time my bra's and panties, everything else can be replaced
    Jennie x

My collection of silk skirts.

Karen Sue

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    One item? the most expensive single thing I have is my wig, so that would be difficult to replace. More likely though would be my computer with all the family photos on it.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    More likely though would be my computer with all the family photos on it.
    Yep, the computer with many family photos and the albums of our childrens photos from the pre digital age. Items that could never be replaced
    Joan58

Reality Check
    Wife and puppy in that order. And yes, computers.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    As far as my girl-clothes, I would grab my red dress if I could only take one thing.
    But there are more things more important than that dress.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Kids, wife, cat, dog, nas. Not sure about nas, I rsync via collocation, but it exceeds my electronics addendum. So wouldn't get covered.

Wife, dogs, pre-digital photos and negatives. Then my backup hard drive with images, and maybe my dslr and lenses. As much as I enjoy all my feminine clothing, there is just nothing I have that would be important enough to consider in this situation.

My two cats, after that, some cash, computer. Not sure about any lady things. It would be tough loss, though.

I think the OP assumed that the really important stuff was already out of the house. It's not like anyone really keeps their family members, pets and computers in the closet anyway.

Tracy, that's funny And you were the OP so you make the delineations as you like. OK now I have to let my cat out of the closet...silly thing has a whole wardrobe there
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hell-o Tracy,
    This actually just happened to me (OK the roof wasn't on fire, but the fire was close enough that we had to get out!)
    I can honestly say that not one single piece of my collection of stuff made it into the evacuation vehicles.
    Thankfully it was all spared from going up in flames!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

First, lives, then Photos, as both of these are not easy to replace! Dressing items would be the forms as they are the most expensive item! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member
    I have an entire cabinet Shop in my basement, I do not think I could grab
    much i a hurry. Tools are hard to replace when they are old; Clothes are
    easy to replace. I do have this Black with a white shoulders that I just might
    grab going out the door. Have no wife or cat, both have died, so the black
    dress it is.
    Rader

My son
    My wife
    My nightie

wife, daughter and one cat got out. Lost 6 other cats (3 in the house and 3 that were 'barn" cats that slept in the garage), love birds, gecko, paintings, 3000 books and everything else burned or so severely smoke damaged that it was toast. Outside four cars parked in the garage and next to it burned to the ground. Almost $500,000 in uninsured losses. Eight years later most of the "important stuff" has been replaced, but the loss of the animals still hurts.
    If its alive, have a plan to get it out. If its "stuff", have photos of it and store them off site (backup). Pretty hard to prove you had something when its nothing but ash. Remember, the insurance company wants to pay you Craigslist value for what you had. Not what its worth. If the value is more than the settlement, IF you replace it they will annie-up the difference, but only after a long and constant discussion.

You must of been near loma prieta off hwy 17

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Tracy,
    This actually just happened to me (OK the roof wasn't on fire, but the fire was close enough that we had to get out!)
    I can honestly say that not one single piece of my collection of stuff made it into the evacuation vehicles.
    Thankfully it was all spared from going up in flames!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I am in San Jose off hi way 85

Pets and wallet. That's it. Let it burn, I can replace everything else. That's what insurance is for.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    Has anyone called 911 yet ??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    I would hate to have to list my boobs and butt on an insurance claim!

Really? how many of you keep your families in any of the places Tracy mentioned? I have a rolling rack of skirts that I would quickly push right out of the door. Then I would blush as many of my neighbors would wonder why I picked that.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    If we're just talking clothes I don't really have anything that is irreplacable, might even be interesting to start from new (expensive and time consuming though).
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Allison's stuff would not be high on the list. I would grab the most expensive and rare stuff that cannot be replaced, like an autographed item from a dead dictator that I think I can get enough cash for to buy a new car.