Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threats

Kristi, I agree with you, and I walked in your shoes for a long time while I pondered my own status. My message is simply that a lot of the fears I had during that part of my life were not founded in reality. I hope that others can learn from my mistakes and avoid them.

Eryn, to elaborate on Krisi's point (if I may), I think it is easier for people to understand that someone's gender identity is not congruent with their birth sex, and so they've decided to do something about it by transitioning. I really think that people in our more liberal pockets of society are beginning to understand this, with the media's help and also all the efforts of trans advocacy groups that are beginning to change our laws. But someone who switches back and forth? Not so much.

If your point is that most CDers would not switch back and forth and would instead present as women full time if they felt they would be accepted in their circles, then isn't this saying that crossdressers and transsexuals are two opposite points of the same continuum? Like the old joke, "what's the difference between a CD and a TS - 3 years"? A lot of people here would disagree with you, but I think this is perhaps a topic for a different thread.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-04-2016 at 02:57 AM.
    Reine

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have to agree with Krisi, family comes first.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Dressing in a parking lot any time of day is a huge risk why would anyone do that?
    I could beat a dead horse here but whats the use?

Reality Check
    Yep, a dead horse.

Everything we do has its risks. Walking out the door to your car brings with it the risk of being seen by a neighbor. You can scan the street but you can't see if anyone happens to be looking out their windows. Coming home dressed carries even more risk because you can't scan the street and driving on past your house because a neighbor is sitting on his/her porch is sure to arouse suspicion. Trying to run or sneak to the car is sure to arouse suspicion.

Perhaps I didn't explain the dressing in the parking lot thing well enough. I'm already underdressed when I leave the house. I have my hips and butt on. I have my bra on. I have my beard cover on. Once I park, I just have to replace the male shirt with a blouse (I might even have the shirt over the blouse), put the boobs on, replace the jeans with a skirt (or keep the jeans on) and throw on the wig. All the while I can see if anyone is coming near me. It's maybe a ten minute process and if I feel nervous, I can go somewhere else and finish the jewelry and makeup.

I usually do this in a shopping mall parking lot (or Wal-Mart). I park a few spaces away from the last of the cars so my car isn't suspiciously parked by itself, yet people won't be walking by to get to their own cars.

I know it's not ideal, the motel would be better but it's pretty expensive for a few hours of Krisi time.