Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High heels

I showed my wife a pair of 4" heels that I bought and her response was "I''d like to see you walk in those", not thinking I could. Well, taking the challenge, I promptly put them on and walked out of the room. She was no doubt surprised. I wasn't graceful, but I didn't fall off of them either. I was happy just to wear them for as long as possible, AND that I didn't fall off of them.

Great responses from all. Last week, while out (dressed of course), I passed a Payless shoe store, got that "feeling", turned around, went in, tried on several pairs of shoes, and found a beautiful pair of open toe, black high heels with a small gold stripe on the top. Yes, I brought them and a pair of flats. The minute I slipped them on I knew they would be perfect. And they were. I couldn't wait to get back to the car to put them both on. Immediate smile. I drove to a nearby shopping center to walk around. Yes, I received a couple "looks" as you rarely see heels and hose around here, (sad) but I didn't care. When I got home, my wife smiled, complimented me and shook her head in her amazement of how easily I walk. I'm amazed too.

I really love my heels, all of them. I have 3", 4", and 5". All of them are open toed. Can't stand my toes crammed together, plus after spending the time painting my toenails, why not show them off. I also have flats, sandals of course, which I wear on occasion.

While my 190cm height (please excuse me, I'm not used to imperial units) might be enough to discourage someone from wearing them, I like the added bonus of another 10cm from high heels. Actually, those were my first; the desire to try and walk in them caused me to forgo any suggestions as to try smaller ones first in order to get accustomed to them.

When I think about what draws me to heels, I figure I really like the way they complete the whole outfit and how they make legs look. But the same can be said about simple ballet flats For me, I just like the former more.

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    My good friend is a podiatrist.
    No one should wear high heels. It's not good for the feet. We see plenty of women having to get surgery on their feet due to the damage caused by wearing high heels. But, like anything else, it's up to each person on how they want to take care of their bodies.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I love wearing heels and often feel undressed without them. To me they are very sexy and really do turn people on. I even use an avatar with them.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    . Everyone has valid reasons for wearing or not wearing high heels.
    Totally..I used to LOVE heels, heels all the time ! But the further along I went on my journey I realized they are not practical for everyday things like a day of shopping at the mall, or a night out bar hopping in NYC...comfortable, yet fashionable shoes have won in the end , still if its a glam evening and I'm not doing too much walking, I look forward to a pair of heels too...but comfort wins out most days.

Silver Member
    For years I bought heels from thrift stores just because they were the right size, feminine and inexpensive. But, I had major difficulties walking in them due to the slim, thin heels (almost spike) that caused me major foot and ankle twisting and balance problems. I didn't want an injury at my age (now over 80). So, I quit them and posted earlier this year that I was switching to flats. Since then, I've discovered Wedges. Most are 4" with a 1" sole. I LOVE them and wear a pair daily, and I don't, at times, even realize I'm wearing them. No twisting problems at all, and my balance is never in question. I'm now gonna try my high heels again, just for the feminine fun of them.

An important point to consider is that, in contrast with many women, (I assume) you have not been wearing heels since your puberty. So the negative effects of wearing heels do not follow the same pattern for us.

For me, the heels are a huge part of it. I have a cheap pair of leopard print slippers if I need to do any lifting or other activities that would preclude them. None of the ones I currently own are practical or discrete, but I have yet to venture out in public. There is something about my nylon-clad foot being held in that position that makes me feel VERY happy😉😊 while also being a massive trigger for the Eve "space". The feel, the sound, the stride, the everything. It just isn't the same without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I don't see the infatuation with really tall heels.
    Y'all claim that you can wear them for hours but I would have to see it to believe it.
    Traci! You sound just like my wife. She even did a challenge with me a couple of months back...we both have a pair of Stuart Weitzman bright red sling back shoes....she says that she wears heels all day, but thats only at the office on carpet..walking from one office to another to sit down doesn't count does it? Well, she found it that it sure doesn't because she didn't even make it a half hour on her feet in the house. Just to prove my point, I spent the next 5 hours standing around the house, cooking for her, cleaning up, and just walking around. She was amazed but still would not admit that I am a better heel wearer than her! lol..... and yes, I love ALL of my shoes! This thread was made for me, right?

Also, in regards to the podiatrist, I have a very bad back and permanent nerve damage. I know that they say that you shouldn't wear heels, but for relief, that is exactly what I do. I think getting up on my toes rotates the hips and changes the balance of the body and actually takes the pressure off of my back...just like Docrobsherry said earlier. My wife even found an article written by a doctor that said when your back starts to bother you, break out those heels! YAY!
    Last edited by Maria in heels; 11-09-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Maxed at 3"(actually 4" with 1" platform!) Have not worn outside house yet! If I am able to "practice my walking", they do not bother me that much! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I wear 2.5-3 inch heels, so I guess I'm off the hook.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have seen so many women friends end up with chronic foot problems after years of wearing high heels. It changes the balance of musculature in the calves as well as putting all sorts of pressure on the small bones in the feet. That said, for us girls who only wear heels for short periods of time, at least mostly, would it be that much of an issue. I wear low heels though I have tried high heels in fetish mode.

I am 58 and love high heels, 5 in plus mostly i were 5 inch with a 1/4 platform, love how they make my legs look and just love walking in them.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If I wear heels its usually ankle or regular boots so there is some side support.
    I can wear 4 in heels for quite a while but go higher they can cause some major pain.
    I have two cracked vertebrae so the taller the heels the more pain.

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    If I'm dressing, I'm in heels. If I'm in heels, they're at least 5". Sorry doctor but I'm going against you on this one.

when i'm dressed it's always 5.5 inch heels

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria in heels View Post
    My wife even found an article written by a doctor that said when your back starts to bother you, break out those heels! YAY!
    That sounds like a great prescription. Take two heels and call me in the morning.
    Hugs
    Samantha