Thread: first outing

Aspiring Member

first outing

I finally did it. spent almost the entire say dressed and out and about. Amazingly nothing happened(shocking). I went out did some shopping and stuff. I went in to a few stores wearing this beautiful blue dress, it is business wear. I had several people tell me that they loved my dress. After a clothing change, sweater dress more casual, went to lane Bryant. The was a older black lady shopping. She was looking my way, it took a few seconds to realize I was a guy. Then she walk over to me and said "classy lady, you are look gooood. made my day. I squeaked out a thank you. I still was not ready to go to a restaurant by my self, so I did the drive thru no sly smiles or snickers. What a great day.
    The only 2 bad things, I ran a brand new pair of pantyhose and damn near trip on my heels.
    things I learned:
    99.99% of people really don't care
    Shave legs are awesome. (first time in more then 10 year)
    3"heel are not that hard to drive in.
    They do make your legs sore.
    It is much harder getting in and out of the car in a dress.
    Purses are handy.
    its the little things like leaving lipstick prints on straws and glasses.
    Women's clothing is hot.
    Breast forms are awesome, they make your clothes fit better.
    Having your wig styled make a huge differents.
    I have never felt more comfortable & relaxed after I was out for a couple of hours.
    It was one of the best days I have ever had by myself.
    And most of all I will have to do it again.
    Sara

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Wow, I am so jealous! I'm building up to my first outing in daylight (had a few night-time drives). I hope it goes as well as yours did.

Thats wonderful Sara!
    Going out and about is so incredible and the first time I did it was the greatest experience.
    I felt so much like a GG.
    Im glad your first time went so well....
    Keep us updated!

Awesome day. Congratulations!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Awesome outing Sara!
    I too learned that most people just what they expect to see everyday.
    Thanks for sharing!

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Well done Sara. No surprises with your experience. I guess Nebraska is one of those rare "accepting" states, like Idaho and Tennessee and Arkansas and Wisconsin and Texas and ... oh and California.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 10-01-2016 at 11:12 PM.

Oh indeed Sarah, my first time out I had my six inch heels on and drove my big truck to a movie and then dinner outing with my SO. It is exciting isn't it?
    Part Time Girl

Congratulations Sara! Sounds like an amazing day.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    It's so good you had an enjoyable day , maybe the first of many.

As for mishaps, being dressed and wearing heels they become more obvious, a guy can trip and no one notices , a woman attracts far more attention. It's surprising the little things you suddenly find you need , a hand bag and purse, maybe women's style glasses and watch, I really love thinking about the details.

I have to say the feeling of being comfortable and relaxed is something I didn't expect but even my first meeting with other Cders I wasn't nervous, I can only assume I was ready to take that step.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am happy for you. Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Congratulations Sara! I agree about never feeling so relaxed and comfortable - I really experience that too. I also agree that women's clothing can be hot - especially with forms and hip pads reducing the body's surface area for cooling.

Pro-tip (not that I'm a pro, ha ha, but something I did out of necessity). I was out to dinner at a trans-friendly club with the plan of hanging out for when it got busy later on that night. I went to the bathroom to reapply lipstick, etc and discovered I had a run in my nylons (note to self - carry an extra pair if you have room in your purse). I noticed there was a Walmart across the street. I got my hand stamped so I could return without paying the cover, went to the Walmart, bought a new pair of nylons, then asked the SA if I could change in the dressing room. She was totally cool about it and it was much more comfortable changing there than it would have been in a bathroom stall. To top it off, while in the store an early 20's GG complimented me on my shoes!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, Congratulations, I just checked and the world is still spinning......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aspiring Member
    Ladies,
    Thank for all the nice comments. I hope everyone here can have a good experience. I should have said I was in Denver for my excursion. Mostly because I wanted to get to Studiolites, the people the are great. They size me up for forms & styled my wig.
    I don't know if I would want to climb in to my truck in a dress. I had my wife's car the was difficult enough.
    Sara

It always makes my day when I read a happy story. That's great sounds like you had fun.

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    My wife called me eccentric when I told her I caught my foot and made a hole in my stocking so I had to use the spare stockings in my handbag. I just popped into the disabled toilet because there was more room to change , good as new apart from the gash in my foot !

Love the story.
    My first OUTTING was alone, and I sat down at a restaurant sidewalk cafe table, and ordered.
    So audacious. So glorious.
    I posted the story in a thread about MY FIRST TRIP INTO THE WORLD.
    Had a fantastic experience. The waitress even bought my second glass of wine.

Banned Read only
    So glad you had a wonderful time on your first time out in public, Sara. Mine was almost a year ago and it was one of the most exciting nights of my life. I went to a 9 o'clock movie by myself and there was hardly anyone in the theatre. I was very nervous but confident and excited at the same time. I had a black and red wool skater skirt on with black tights and black boots. My top was a black ribbed V neck top and a wide elastic black belt with faux leather and faux diamonds on the front and buckle of the belt. My purse was a conservative black purse with lipstick, a compact with the mirror, and a few other things in there as well. My wig and makeup were right on the money. My jewelry was black and silver - two bracelets- one on the left wrist and one on the right wrist. With a long black and silver necklace. I can't wait to go out again. I would like to try walking through a mall or maybe down a street with a lot of bars and restaurants up and down the street. There were no issues or problems when I went out. And I didn't have to talk to anyone. That's it for now. I'm so glad your first outing was so fun and successful too. Take care, Sara... from Scarlett