So i thought about wigs deeply and all sorts of hypothetical ideas and came across the thought

"You know wigs, are kind of cool, how come people don't just wear them casually like a shirt or a hat"

I then thought

"well maybe wearing a wig is considered shameful since you are hiding your REAL hair with fake hair and creating a false image of yourself"

I then thought

"What would happen if I wore a male wig in male mode...Surely People might notice, or maybe....they won't....Maybe people don't wear wigs because they just haven't thought about it, much like guys not thinking about panties being something they could wear"

I do know many older people wear wigs to hide baldness or grey/white hair, But what of people 15-45. Do they just blend in to society so much that i don't even realize they are wearing a wig? Or does it not exist because people place too much value on "Authenticity". It's apparent with breast and how guys want "real" breast. Society is obsessed with being "real" when in reality they are just pigeon holding themselves into a box afraid to experiment and create new edgy trends. Maybe girls enjoy the process of washing real hair, drying it, curling it and adding that final touch... I mean hypothetically every girl could cut their hair down to shoulder lenght and wear wigs/extentions and most guys would probably not even notice or care.

or maybe people are scientifically more attached to their real hair emotionally since it was their head that grew it. Girls wear fake nails all the time, yet fake hair, it's rare in the general public. Only at raves will you see girls rocking wigs, but in this case the wigs are just blue/pink/green party wigs.