Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think I can be passable

Do you think I can be passable

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if I am passable. I am 25 years old and I have been crossdressing since 2010. Do you think I am passable ?

DSC01164.jpgDSC01163.jpg

Sophia, YES!!! You are hot...

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    You look very passabble from the pictures, very pretty!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    Sophia,
    You are having fun with your dressing and that shows, as for the perennial question of passing, you have to go on and ask in what circumstances ?

You can dress how you like in your own home, maybe your partner or even the neighbours see you but not as you do . If you went into town dressed as you are you would certainly get a lot of attention and yes you may be passable but what as ? You may be very extrovert and not care but I would think if that were the case you wouldn't be asking this question.

I will admit I'm possibly like most and have asked the same question, but when it's behind closed doors it's not really relevant , I don't do wig or makeup around the house but going out has to be a different matter. When I finally did step out the door to meet other members of the TG community as a social group the thoughts and questions of passing or not faded away. My makeup may not be perfect or my wig the perfect choice but that doesn't matter as much as satisfying an inner feeling. I love shopping and sorting my outfits but it's balanced toward how a GG might look if she went out in similar circumstances . They sometimes get things wrong so we're bound to and that's part of the enjoyment and challenge.
    The one thing I value more than anything is getting genuine compliments from GGs and you don't get those until you've been out into the World and tried your best.

You can dress to try and pass as anything, it depends what you want from your CDing, you're well over half my age so you can let rip and enjoy what CDing can bring !

Yes you can pass - if you dress to be passable. To me you are dressing to be the sexiest crossdesser at the ball rather than someone that no one will suspect is really a man underneath. I'll bet you can do the latter.

I hope I haven't frightened you off with your first post, but you have what 99% of CDs wish they had: a slight frame, and their youth back.

You look great. Passable, maybe. I do not mean to discourage you! If you dress like the genetic females in your area, you will "blend in" and no one will give you a second glance. If you dress to stand out, you will get more than a second glance. This is when people notice that your hands are too big and all the other subtle clues that mean you are a man. It is up to you as to how you present but passing, real passing is rare. Best wishes going forward Hugs LanaMae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

very nice ,and as others have said dress to pass for your situation the pic is great if you were headed out to a party or club ,but say at the mall you would really stand out

Platinum Member
    Hi Sophia, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are Home.

From what we can see you look like a very lovely young lady...
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

WOW! Can you show me the picture of the dude who wants to know if he's passable.Lol just kidding you look amazing.

Woah! You look amazing. I love what you did with your hair, and your figure looks great in that outfit. Definitely passable.

Looks good to me Hon. Go for it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If, to pass, you intend to wear women's clothing and blend into your surrounding then, in most instances, you will not pass. You will have a better chance of passing at a club or special event. Either way, you look great!

Banned Read only
    Sophia, I am going to share with you what I share with everyone who asks this: passing as a genetic woman is a virtual impossibility for any cross dresser. "Passing" would require winning the genetic lottery AND THEN you still have voice and experience problems. So, what can you do?

1) Dress for the time, location and event.
    2) Forget about passing, it doesn't matter.
    3) Be confident. You have every right to be anywhere as anyone else.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 10-02-2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Sophia,
    Put a lot of weight on Jennifer's words, She is on the money.
    Let me share one evening experience, I attended the monthly crossdressing social club meeting where many attendees were saying that I have an easier time out in public due to me being "passable". They were pointing out how my outfit could often be seen on any woman, many of my mannerisms (such as how I was sitting on the couch) were quite feminine, and how I don't show any signs of nervousness. Well an hour later I was enjoying a coffee at my favourite coffee shop when a woman, who could obviously be seen as not being in the clear state of mind (thanks to most probably from sniffing glue or paint), stumbled into the store and set her eyes on me. She started preaching to me that I am sinning and should not be dressing like a woman as it is against god, and blah blah...... So if I am not fooling someone who was walking into tables and chairs, how could I possibly fool someone with a clear mind.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 10-02-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Hell yes

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hell yes

More passable than most. The size of your hands might possibly give you away but who's looking at them?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yes, definitely, but unless you're planning to go to a Hawaiian luau, I'd lose the massive flower in your hair...it's a bit over-the-top for everyday wear.

sophiatran465, are you Asian? Going by your username and photo, I'd guess that you are? I'm Asian also, and I do not think you pass. Us Asians are really good at clocking each other, since we're more familiar with Asian faces. You have a thin frame like most Asians, but you still have a masculine Asian face. (which is why I'm guessing that you're not showing much of your face in this photo).

I used to identify as a CD before I realized I'm TS, so I used to hang around a lot of CD friends. They all told me I passed, but I always got clocked when I went to areas with predominantly Asian people. Even when I didn't get clocked right away, I still often got clocked when people saw me up close. I wasn't until after months of HRT, months of private voice lessons with a professional voice instructor, months of living full-time, and yes, even FFS surgery, that I can really and truly pass. Even then, my height sometimes invites closer inspection, and maybe people will suspect something. (I'm 5' 7", which is tall for Asian girls).

So I totally agree with Jenniferathome. Her advice is very good.

Aspiring Member
    Another Asian here. In terms of physical appearance, don't even worry about passing / being mistaken for a GG; it's as good as impossible. I don't think you pass either (but then again neither do I): your face and hands stand out to me. But that shouldn't necessarily stop you fron getting out there.

I'm not sure what occasion you're dressing for, although I suspect your attire will draw more attention than usual - for better or for worse.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 10-02-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Ah-May-Lee
    You look pretty, dress anyway that you feel is best for you.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If we could see a straight on shot of you it would help.
    A lot of your face is hidden so its hard to give a solid answer.

Remember too that "passing" in public is a lot different than posting a picture and saying scrutinize me! About 60% of people walking down the street will only ever see you in their peripheral vision. Of the ones who do see you straight on, probably half of those will be too preoccupied with their own lives to inspect you too closely. Now if you actually plan on interacting with people, that's a whole different story that involves voice, mannerisms etc.

If I had to give advice my two suggestions would be work on your makeup technique, and accessorie/jewelry. A couple bracelets, rings, a necklace can go a LONG way.

It's hard to say. Your body is partially obscured with your arm and the sweater, and your face, with the wig and huge flower. Also, it's very hard to tell from pictures, which are only a small fraction of real-life size.

You should post a frontal shot of your face, a profile, and a three-quarter view. Also a frontal, profile, and back view of your body, unobstructed by anything and without the loose sweater.

In terms of style, it depends on where you want to go, if you want to wear that dress and flower. I think your outfit would be more appropriate at a night club than at the mall.
    Reine

There is presentable and passable. Many of us are quite presentable when we go out ie stylish outfits, good makeup skills, decent poise and mannerisms. But, keep in mind that none of us are passable. we just have to go out and do what we do.

jodi

Like Curley on the three stooges would say, "Sointenly toots, nyuk nyuk nyuk!"