Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Rules

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar

Golden Rules

So, just for fun, what do you consider are 'the golden rules' of your cd-ing. I have a few. One, never touch anything belonging to my wife, everything I have is my own (I know some members do share with their SOs). Two, never under dress, for me it has to be all or nothing (again many people do just that), and three, when getting ready it's always undies, face, clothes, hair in that order. Again, let me stress this is just for fun and not for anyone to suggest what anyone else should or should not be doing. Over to you!

Agree with rule number one - get your own stuff. My rule number two - lipstick ALWAYS goes on LAST. Rule number three - bare legs are for guy mode. Always wear pantyhose or stockings. Number four - flats? Never.

I would say always wear pantyhose and my biggest Golden rule is, never, never leave my fem things laying around, or in my wife's space.

1- no stealing/borrowing
    2- no chickening out once you have something in your hands at a store you intend to buy, Unless it involves someone you know.
    3- If at first you don't succeed, Try again
    4- Just do it! literally mind over matter yourself into the awkward situation.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-03-2016 at 12:26 AM. Reason: um...TMI and really out appropriate for this forum

Aspiring Member
    This is actually pretty timely because as my wife works to be more accepting, supportive and encouraging, we've been setting limits and I've been mentally putting together my list of rules. Here's what I have so far

1. No wearing my wife's clothes unless she explicitly tells me I have permission to wear something (even then I'd rather not).
    2. Never "out girl" my wife. If I look better in what I'm wearing than she does in what she has on, that's not cool. Always try to dress below her level.
    3. Never wear the same outfit (related to #2). No twinsies, not running the risk that someone thinks I look better in it than her (including her).
    4. Blend into the background and let her be the center of attention. My validation comes from being unnoticed, hers come from getting attention from other people.
    5. If I buy myself something new, buy her something too. New shoes? Get her a pair too. New dress? Get her one too.
    6. If I'm going out full femme, it needs to be full femme. In other words, everything shaved, no cheating on that. Appropriate makeup, again no cheating. All appropriate shapewear. If I'm trying to experience being womanly I have to experience the good and the bad.
    7. No bare legs, always pantyhose or stockings. Unless I'm wearing pants (legs not seen) or shorts (pantyhose under shorts == no, no).
    8. Look natural not over the top. Again the goal is to blend not stand out if I'm in full femme.

You'll notice a lot is focused on my wife and her feelings. That's because just reading this forum and other things on the interwebs, one of the key problems in CD relationships seems to be the self-absorption of the crossdresser in what they're doing at the expense of their spouse. If I'm going to openly dress in full femme attire, then I need to make sure I'm accounting for her feelings at all times. That's my rule not hers as my way of focusing on building trust with her.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-03-2016 at 12:27 AM. Reason: word filter

1. Do not force it!
    2.Underdress as needed. ( not out and have no wig or makeup)
    3.Dress as far as possible in the closet! (see 1.)
    4. Try not to overspend! (so far so good)
    5. Keep reading this forum to keep on learning and growing and trying to help others!!
    6. If you can not say anything nice, do not say anything at all!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I always felt never touch any wife's or siblings clothing! I didn't want any CD-ing connection with them!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

1. Don't go outside your comfort zone if you don't want to. I remember nights I would dress but didn't feel like going anywhere and just wanted to relax at my place. Instead I would say "A real woman would go out somewhere!" and I'd force myself to go out for the sake of going out and not enjoy it. No need to go outside your comfort zone if you don't want to. Don't try to adhere to a strict set of rules you make for yourself. Do what you want. Don't feel like there is a "right way" or "wrong way" to do this.

2. Act appropriately in public. For the love of God I can not stress this enough. Some of the comments I read on this board, I hope they stay on this board and on this board only. If you wouldn't say something or act a certain way around your sister or daughter or niece, don't say it or act that way to an SA or random stranger out in public.

3. Keep it simple, stupid. Being a woman is not easy and I would get myself stressed out and overwhelmed by it all. I would try to swallow it all at once, whether it be learning makeup techniques and application, outfit shopping, and so on. I would be trying to learn advanced makeup techniques and put together fancy outfits before I even got the hang of the fundamentals and it was too much for me. Master the basics and fundamentals first. Then take it one step at a time from there. Master that step and move to the next one.

4. Don't buy new clothes and makeup faster than you can wear them. Your tastes in clothing and outfit ideas will change every day. One good idea for an outfit one day may be outdone by an idea or inspiration you get the next day. I would buy so many clothes quickly and plan out outfits weeks in advance, and would always have more ideas than time to wear my ideas. So I'd literally buy clothes faster than I could wear them, which led me to getting burned out because I'd force myself to dress more than I felt like to justify the purchases. One way to remedy this is to buy pieces for outfits that work with multiple outfit ideas instead of just one(look up Capsule Wardrobe on Pinterest). That was a big problem. I'd plan out entire individual outfits, and the pieces would only work for that outfit, so I'd wear the pieces once and they'd collect dust in the closet.

5. It's supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, stop and take a break. Don't force yourself to dress or feel obligated to do so. Forced/obligated dressing never turns out well. Take a break and think about what you and enjoy and what you don't. When you start back up again focus on what you enjoy. 18 months ago I stopped dressing because I was no longer enjoying it. I had to take a break. Took a long break, and was able to reflect on it all and discover the parts I liked, and what I didn't like. While some of the things I didn't like can be worked on, I know what my favorite parts are so I can make it the centerpiece of my dressing going forward.

Mine are simple
    1. "Jane" never comes out unless wife is home
    2. Wife may borrow whatever / whenever she wants of "Janes"
    3. Whenever "jane" visits, make sure wife is center of attention.
    4. If "Jane" buys an item for herself she buys something for wife
    Always remember that behind every good man is a great woman

Aspiring Member
    1. Decide to dress. Or not.
    2. Keep the dressing under check - never let it overwhelm me.
    3. Dress reasonably - I am increasingly realising this.
    4. Avoid 'missing' dressing, and dwelling excessively on it.
    5. Beard cover must be comprehensive.
    6. The clothes shouldn't matter a lot, but at least look reasonably presentable. (I'm working on it, and I erred too much.)
    7. Never buy any article of clothing on a whim.
    8. Accept myself unequivocally (still working on it).

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Never leave the house dressed after having even the slightest amount of alcohol.
    If you get pulled over, you certainly don't need to complicate the situation.

Other than that, I underdress with panties everyday. I've tried on some of the wife's clothes. Not my size or style. And, I buy a lot of clothes but, from the thrift store. And, every now and then, I'll donate things back.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    My wife and I share clothes, no problem there but we each have far more than we need. We don't typically share panties but we have at times. I wear panties nearly all the time but I don't really consider that underdressing any more. A bra would be underdressing to me.

I have no specific order for becoming Krisi, but I usually put my wig on early in the process. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing Homer with boobs and wearing a dress.

The real "golden rule" is, don't let anyone I know see me dressed other than my wife. Don't answer the door dressed, don't walk out to the car dressed and carrying a purse, etc.

When getting ready to go out. The order is always the same. Pick an outfit out. Decide a makeup style that will look good with it. Apply said makeup. Get dressed. Wig. Jewelry. But toss are. It really golden rules. More of an order that works for me the best. The golden rules are two really. Never embarrass my child or my wife by the clothes I wear, my actions or my deeds. Rule two. Don't do anything that would impact my wife's revenue stream.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

4. Avoid 'missing' dressing, and dwelling excessively on it.
    Lily I am not quite sure what you mean by this, but if I understand correctly, you are saying don't dwell excessively on dressing up, correct?

Because if so, that is a great rule. I know I am guilty of breaking it at times. Where all I can think about is dressing up, buying a new outfit or makeup, and it dominates my thoughts to where its all I can think about.

There is nothing wrong with being passionate and excited about it all... but don't let it become an obsession that affects other parts of your life.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    Lily I am not quite sure what you mean by this, but if I understand correctly, you are saying don't dwell excessively on dressing up, correct?
    Absolutely. The 'missing' part would refer to having the aftertaste of "that part of me" still lingering. I think it's just me trying to keep myself busy, though. I still insist that I not let it overwhelm me. It's not just the clothes, dare I say.

No SO here to make rules for. I'm not really into rules except,

Take a good look in th mirror to make sure everything is in place before stepping out. (i.e. no visible junk)
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    As expected some very interesting replies. Thankyou everyone.
    Diane x

My one rule is if it doesn't feel good or satisfying don't do it and if it does then do it with common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Read only
    My rule has evolved into "stop doing it." Too many risks, no reward.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Makeup goes on last, it gets on your clothes and is a pain to get off. I don't understand the no bare legs thing, I love stocking and pantyhose but sometimes its too damn hot for that. And look at women, they hardly wear them.

Banned Read only
    All great tips and well written tips. You really know what your doing. And if that is a photo of you, you're like me - you can't tell that there's a guy dressed in the clothing of a girl. That's one of the most exciting things to me about cross dressing. I love the fact that no one can tell that I am not a girl when I'm dressed in femme. But congrats on putting together five super paragraphs on the art and psychology of cross dressing!

I only have 3 rules:

1. Never use your wife's make up, I have my own.
    2. Never borrow your wife's cloths with out her permission. (She will always know because you won't hang or fold it the way she did it.)
    3. Lipstick goes last on last no exceptions.

Golden rule: Don't wear dresses or skirts tooo short! The rare times i go out in public, I like to show some leg, but not too much leg,if you know what i mean- not a hooker look. My first two times out, way too much legs. Guys shouted at me from a truck. One guy told his kids not too look. AND, never leave stuff out in the open, making it easy to get CAUGHT!
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 10-28-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Don't over do it. Dress your age. Don't over apply makeup. Less is more. (I know, that's 4)🌺

I don't have any "golden rules" per se but I do have my own personal "standards of excellence" when it comes to dressing. I have come to know what works best for myself and what doesn't. It's just a natural evolution on my part.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning