Thread: How To Get a Passing VOICE - INSTRUCTIONS & RESOURCES INSIDE

How To Get a Passing VOICE - INSTRUCTIONS & RESOURCES INSIDE

Until recently, I would not go out without a woman with me. This was because I knew my male voice betrayed me, no matter how well my makeup & shaping were done and I kept-up my feminine movements. But when I had short notice opportunities to go out, the 3 women who were willing to accompany me were not always available.

Sure, I went out with cards that said
    Sorry, I'm Deaf & Mute. for when things got really tough, but. it's nice to be able to thank another woman for holding the door for me, and the voice is one really important aspect to personal security to prevent hate crimes.

So I had to get a feminine voice. Here is what I did to get it.

I listened to makeup tutorials on Youtube with women whose voices I liked. I watched them until I MEMORIZED them..and spoke along with them , trying to emulate/imitate (even make fun of) their female voices.

I went WAY BEYOND my goal to "ridiculous". I did stereotypical SLOW and "SEXY" reading from a women's magazine & blog articles about clothes or relationships ( eg. Cosmo ) written by women.

Then I began recording myself with SOUND RECORDER on my computer ( If you have Windows, just search for "Sound Recorder" )
    I realized when reading in fem mode I was nervous and racing for the finish line.

So I relaxed and really tried to actually "tell the story" with feeling, rather than just "read the words". Sometimes (depending on what I was reading) I'd pretend I was reading for kindergarden kids - taking a sec to make eye contact & smile at random kids for a split second between paragraphs. ..even asking questions as if to query their comprehension of the story.

I worked on my PITCH and CONTROL:
    I sang at home and in the car with female singers who go high in the chorus - even if I don't like "them" personally.
    Katy Perry - Firework
    Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
    Selena Gomez - Round and Round
    Taylor Swift - 22
    Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
    Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)

To confirm I could do a passing voice, this is what I did:

I started calling the TOLL FREE numbers from TV advertisements to inquire about the insurance
    or the frying pan or whatever it was - and I'd see if the agent referred to me as Sir or Ma'me.

If they asked my name FIRST, it was because they were unsure how to address me.
    That meant I was close to passing.

When I had 5 calls in a row one day and they called me Ma'me I knew I was ok.
    I warm-up for all my outings that way. Sometimes they say Sir - and that's why I call!
    After some time has passed between the last time you did femvoice, you get rusty on nuances-fine details.

But YOU can get voice coaching FREE and help each other at this reddit group I just found yesterday.
    I'm TrueGirlForm on there btw
    https://www.reddit.com/r/transvoice

If there's one thing anyone who's trying to create a femme voice should take away from you're good advice then it's you need to practice. There's loads of tutorials on YouTube utilizing similar methods but folks need to realize that it's not only about training your vocal cords but also your memory. The ability to turn it on when required. Practice is everything.

Having said that many of the YouTube videos make the point that those who use a permanent femme voice find it difficult to switch back to male mode so if you can develop a femme voice you need to get "into character" before you need to use your voice with others.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    many of the YouTube videos make the point that those who use a permanent femme voice find it difficult to switch back to male mode so if you can develop a femme voice you need to get "into character" before you need to use your voice with others.
    Yes that is so true - I can't do it COLD. I need to warm up. Sing for a few days before - and call the toll free numbers the day of an outing, just to be sure. lol