Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you idolize female singers or celebrities

Do you idolize female singers or celebrities

Do you idolize female singers or celebrities ?

I idolize a vietnamese female singer and often my outfits and choices of clothing are influenced by her. I look up to her and want to be like her.

Do you idolize female singers or celebrities too ? If so who do you idolize ?

Simple answer: Nope! But I do lip sync their songs when I perform sometimes.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    IMHO celebrities are nothing more than freaks of nature and generally lacking in cognizant abilities.
    Sort of advanced primates that look or sound good.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    I really like Carrie Underwood. Unfortunately the Nashville Machine totally took over her body and had her diet down to levels that I just simply don't find attractive or healthy looking. However, when you hear her talk, she is still very genuine and it comes through in her singing. Jennifer Nettles would be another singer that I find to be a great inspiration. Again super genuine, she hasn't let the machine take control of her and she's doing her own thing. And of course shes beautiful to boot!!

Aspiring Member
    "Idolise" is too strong a word, although I'd be lying if I said their images didn't have any influence on me, whether by advertising, MTV or otherwise. I'd like to think, though, that convenience and comfort have more sway over my fashion sense than them.

Sophia - whom in particular are you referring to? I especially liked Đông Nhi's music, specifically her earlier works. She's also really pretty when she appears in everyday clothing (as opposed to stage costumes) in her music videos.

Reality Check
    Nope, not at all. I'm with Carla on this one. I don't idolize them and I certainly don't value their opinions on anything other than what they do. Politics or environmental issues for instance.

I do not idolize any celebraties. I do love one of our local meteorologists and the clothes she wears on tv. She always wears dresses and looks so classy. She is a source of inspiration.

I like Stephanie Abrams of the weather channel and the clothes she wears

I agree that idolize is too strong. But any woman on Fox news!

I always thought Ella Fitzgerald had a great voice.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

When I was growing up I use to wish that I looked like several of the younger female country singers. Now I wish that I looked like several news reporters on Fox and CNN, along with looking like the ladies on the weather channel

Not particularly but in 1969 at Woodstock, Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane was impressive.
    Part Time Girl

I loved Grace Slick but also the rest of the band. Jack Casady was a unique and gifted bass player. I have lots of respect for talented musicians and singers regardless of gender. Eva Cassidy is one of my favorite contemporary singers and Emily Remler one of my favorited Jazz guitarists (both are deceased unfortunately).
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Not at all.
    I think "celebrities" are too full of themselves. Why should I care what they do. They don't care about anything that I do.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Righ on Cheryl T
    Most care only about themselves,
    Over the years I've had the opportunity to engage a few in conversation, kinda like talking to a cardboard box !

People tell me I look like "Big Ang" and I because of that I like her. But generally I don't care for most celebrities.

No. Why would I do that?

Yes,
    I sure do. There is a show called Flip or Flop, where they fix up houses and sell them for more money. Christina, the wife, is soooo beautiful, and so lucky too. He showers her with diamonds, and her clothes are so beautiful too. Love watching that show. Her makeup is always so perfect, her hair is too, her clothes are very beautiful too. So envious of her.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I usually reach for the off button as soon as the word 'celebrity' is mentioned on TV, I have zero interest in them. However since age 14 I have followed very closely the career of UK singer Kate Bush. In my early days I tried to copy her look (unsuccessfully!) but I love her music, her intelligence and her lack of craving media attention ((and if Reb comes on again and says she is 'as mad as a box of frogs', I'll have to ask her to step outside!!)

i idolize cherrycrush and sasha grey. I can't say why because the admins won't like it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't idolize anyone I'm happy do be myself.
    I wouldn't say most are like that CherylT The ones I have met have been normal people that have been blessed with a gift.
    George Lynch (Lynch Mob and Dokken) is really down to earth a nice guy and really humble.
    Conway Twitty was the same way total nice guy.
    I have met a bunch of famous rock people that are no different than any of us.

I love Sarah Michelle Gellar and Michelle Trachtenberg, because in my better moments (and with the right wig) I bear a passing resemblance to either of them. If I ever get the coin together for facial feminization surgery, I think I would show the surgeon photos of them and say, "this is the right direction to go."
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I would not say idolize, but I have celebrity pictures with hair & makeup styles and clothing I like - or already own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyy137 View Post
    "Idolise" is too strong a word, although I'd be lying if I said their images didn't have any influence on me, whether by advertising, MTV or otherwise. I'd like to think, though, that convenience and comfort have more sway over my fashion sense than them.

Sophia - whom in particular are you referring to? I especially liked Đông Nhi's music, specifically her earlier works. She's also really pretty when she appears in everyday clothing (as opposed to stage costumes) in her music videos.
    Oh I was referring to singer Ha Thanh Xuan, I really like her style of always wearing ao dais. I have a few ao dais too. But I am also influenced by singer Minh Tuyet of thuy nga paris by night too.

Mariah Carey. I'm not particularly keen on her singing but my goodness, if I had access to that woman's wardrobe, I would be a very happy person!