Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Makeover Experience

First Makeover Experience

So I’ve been meaning to post about my first makeover experience. A couple weeks ago was my first time going out dressed in about 16 years. Why 16 years? It’s a long story, but basically it’s due to a new found acceptance from my wife. I was planning to attend a support group/meeting for crossdressers and trans people. Both my wife and I agreed that this would be good for me. I was planning to go dressed and wanted to look my best. The meeting was at a hotel an hour from where I live, so I decided to just get a room and get ready there.

I decided on the perfect outfit, but I’m still a little inexperienced when it comes to makeup. I thought how great it would be to get my makeup professionally done. So I found a makeup artist online who has experience with similar clients and booked her to do my makeup at the hotel. The day of, I got checked into the hotel way later than I wanted to. I wanted to be all showered, dressed and ready by the time Bridget, the makeup artist, arrived. I really underestimated how much time it would take to trim my body hair and shave my legs (it’s also been 16 years since I’ve shaved my legs!). I just finished slipping into my dress and nylons when she knocked at my door. I let her set up her stuff while I quickly painted my nails.

Bridget was super fun and sweet and really made me feel like one of the girls. I wasn’t completely sure what I wanted for makeup, I just knew I didn’t want anything over the top like a drag queen. I wanted to look more natural. I let Bridget work her magic. She said my face wasn’t overly masculine, which made me feel good. I remember her commenting on my nice eyebrow shape, my long eye lashes and the nice natural color of my lips. That being said, she did use a LOT of products on me. She tried to explain everything she was doing along the way, but I found myself chit-chatting with her about other things. I wish I paid more attention to the makeup and asked more questions. Oh well, we were having a blast!

She did use orange concealer around my beard area. Apparently it will hide the beard shadow when you cover and blend with the regular foundation. She said that some of her clients who have very masculine faces, it requires a lot of contouring to achieve a feminine look. But she said that she didn’t have to do all that much contouring on me. I do remember her doing some around my Adam’s apple to try and hide it a bit.

For foundation she used an airbrush, which seemed to work well. Although when she first started with it, a big glob dripped out of the sprayer right onto my dress! Yikes! Luckily it came out. I think she felt really bad about it. I put a towel in my lap after that.

She did my eyeliner and eye shadow in some various shades of purple. She said that purple really brings out my green eyes, which is awesome, because I love purple! She also put fake eyelashes on me, which was a new experience! It felt kinda weird at first, but I got used to it. They were really pretty!

She put a little lip liner and lip stick on me. And some blush as well. She also darkened my eyebrows a bit. There are probably some things I’m forgetting, but that’s the majority of it.

After my makeup, I put on my wig. She asked if she could style it (she’s also a hair stylist). I said absolutely! She swooped my bangs to the side, which I really liked. She used some kind of wig powder to get it to stay in place. When we were all done, I looked in the mirror and was blown away! I looked so pretty! Bridget said I looked like Katy Perry! I was indecisive about shoes, so I went with her suggestion (some silver sparkly ballet flats). She took a few pictures of me and even helped me pose a bit. All together she spent about an hour and 45 minutes with me, so I really needed to get down to the meeting.

She offered to walk me downstairs, which was really sweet. I put on some perfume, grabbed my purse and we headed to the elevator. We gave each other a hug in the lobby and parted ways.

Hiring her was a little expensive, but well worth it. She made me feel beautiful and gave me total confidence all evening. I felt like such a girl. It was an excellent experience! (attached pic is from that evening)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am glad everything worked out for you. You look lovely! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you had such a good time. It may have been a bit expensive, but judging by your pictures it was worth every penny!

Elizabeth

Banned Read only
    Great story! So did you feel odd answering the door dressed but with "man face"?

Well Danielle, you would fool me on the street. Very pretty, and you do have a resemblance to Katy Perry.
    And thanks for sharing that wonderful story, only hope I can do the same some day.

Tina

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very beautiful Danielle!
    I say, we'll worth it!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Dannile she did a great job you look wonderful.
    I've always wanted to get a professional makeover, maybe someday
    So glad it went well for you

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds like an awesome experience! You are very pretty

Very pretty result, thanks so much for sharing!!!

And yes, those purples are apparently wonderful on those of us blessed with green eyes.

And while I'm sure your artist was worth the price of admission, don't forget that makeup artists in department stores, MAC, etc, are amazing as well.

And if you want an easy DIY airbrush-like finish, try this from Clinique...

http://www.clinique.com/product/1251...licator-device
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I'll suggest your money was well spent Danielle, you look great in your pic. Enjoyed reading your post, sounds like you made a great comeback after a 16 year absence.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Great story! So did you feel odd answering the door dressed but with "man face"?
    I figured she knew what to expect since she knew I was a CD when I booked her. So I didn't feel odd, especially since I was wearing my wig. Although she had me take the wig off when she started my makeup.

You look absolutely great. I have no doubt that it was money well spent.

Bridget helped you look very nice

Wow, you look awesome! Damn you girl, you are very cute Looking at you I am speechless. Good luck outing
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Danielle, great story. You are quite lovely and have a great smile.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hi Danielle, you look fantastic girl. And what a great story you told there. Did you love every bit of the makeover too? I had my very 1st one a few months ago and it was one of the best days and experiences of my life. Hope you can say the same!!!

Love, Jeanette
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Woo hoo! Great story, great result, good times indeed! Such a treat to get a private makeover, bonus extras like styling your wig and walking you downstairs. Hugs, Michelle

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    OMG, you look fantastic! What ever it cost, it was money well spent. You look amazing. I'll bet it was tough to remove your beautiful new you at the end of the evening.

Hello Danielle,
    Glad you had such a nice experience....i would never forget the first time i had it, and saw myself as the girl i am inside....priceless....
    I can see from that smile that you surely were happy...
    i am always happy to hear when another girl like us sees herself as she was meant to be
    hugs,
    Gilda

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

forgot to say...(damn pink fog)....you look fantastic....

Gilda
    hopefully becoming the real "ME" now

Great and encouraging story, Danielle. Thanks
    I'm curious. A question of the forum.
    Have you ever gone to one of the department store make up counters for a make over? When I shop the big dept stores like a Macys, Dillards or Nordstrom (for clothes, and often with the SO now), I always make a pass or 2 at the make up counter. It looks like the makeup artists/technicans are set up to dress a face on the spot.
    I haven't mustered the nerve to approach them to see if they would make up a 'man', or how much it would cost; and I can't imagine the spectacle of having a make over in a public chair [well, maybe].
    My own makeup skills are dreadful and I'm reduced to only lipstick (pretty much) for now.
    Has anyone ever had one of these dept store make overs? How did it go? WHERE did it happen? Were the artists discreet and understanding. I'm fascinated at the possibilities.

And again, Danielle, you look great.

sounds like you had a blast. she did an awesome job and you look fantastic!!
    paula

Sounds like you had a terrific time. You look lovely!. Totally passable.

Ha! You DO kinda look like Katy Perry.
    Wonderful story Danielle and Bridgette sounds so sweet and very understanding.
    What a way to come back after 16 years. You look amazing.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Thanks for sharing your fantastic experience. I love a good make-over and hope to have another one very soon. You look great in your photo BTW.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

Dannile you look great. What a wonderful experience.

Don't worry about the price as it pails to the memories you will have and looking at the picture I can tell how happy you are.