Thread: "Alter ego"

"Alter ego"

My wife refers to Samantha as my "alter ego." I'm not sure how I feel about that. Clark Kent and Super Woman?

Do do any of your SOs have a way of referring to the femme you? And how does it make you feel?
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Live with daughter who is accepting but does not want to see daddy in a dress. She asked what was the name of my feminine side. If she needs to mention Lana Mae she refers to Lana Mae as Lana. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

OMG!!! I`ve refered to `myself` as that at times also,and wife is in agreeement. Almost a nice code word?

Yeah, my ex and I both knew who she was talking about when she spoke about "that woman".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When out shopping, my wife will ask if (dead) aunt __________ would like this item. I would rather she just used Tracy.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't think of it as an alter ego I'm pretty much me no matter how I'm dressed. I have referred to taking of the clothes and makeup as going from Batman to Bruce Wayne, my son got a kick out of that line.

It's not like I dress inappropriate, but I feel as if my only fem features are my legs, so I wear short dresses or skirts. When we are walking in a mall and we walk by a strore displaying short outfits, she will say" Im sure Maria would like that after all she dresses like a Sl&t". I tell her if you got it flaunt it. LOL

Reality Check
    My wife doesn't have a special way of referring to me while dressed (as a woman). How does this make me feel? Well, I would feel good if she used a female name for me, bad if it was an insulting one.

My wife and I are more or less DADT, but the subject does come up now and then. Right now, Heidi is referred to as "you know who". When she goes out of town for a few days, I always get the "... and you know who is not to drive my 370Z".
    At least she's not calling me the names she was when I told her about my Heidi side!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

My Wife calls me Jackie, she said she need a name to call me i said i like Laura she said no that not a good fit. So she calls me Jackie and i call myself Laura.

Aspiring Member
    I am Kendra but around my wife we somtimes call me Lucy or Hazel. As in I'm going to have to fire her for not keeping up with the house work

I'm lucky, no doubt. She simply refers to her as Kandi, which is pretty much they way I refer to her as well.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    My wife will ask if Natalie wants to come over or if she wants to go out. Doesn't bother me. My mind instantly goes to thinking OMG what am I going to wear?

Aspiring Member
    It's kind of a mixed bag with my wife. She doesn't yet refer to my female persona as "that woman" or "Lisa" or anything. However, she has on multiple occasions talked about how there's a second woman in our marriage now. How I have this other woman in side me. I'll be honest, as a NB, I actually wish she didn't look at it that way. It's all me, I'm not a man, not a woman, I am me. Whether I choose to present as a woman today, as a man today or as something androgynously between them, it's always me. Now when she finally get to the point of being able to see and interact with me in full female attire (we're moving slowly from a DADT situation to fully out) then I do hope she uses sex specific pronouns and name that match my presentation (he, him, my male name when I'm presenting male or androgynous; she, her, Lisa when I'm presenting female).

I'm still just myself when I'm dressed. Even in a wig and a dress, it's very hard for me or anyone else to see me as a completely different person. Probably because I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. All the people closest to me are very used to seeing me dressed, so I suppose rather than being like "Oh hey, it's Ted's female alter-ego, Periwinkle," most people's reactions are "Oh hey, Ted's in a dress again." That's totally alright with me though. It's never really been my intention to create a completely different persona.

My SO doesn't know so that isn't an issue (plenty of other issues with her not knowing, believe me I KNOW) but I tend to not think of "Josie" as my alter ego..it's just me, looking as pretty as I can, and that seems to let me be softer in my personality as well. I like knowing that the softer side of me exists and I'm doing my best to not confine it to just "Josie time" if that makes sense :P

Funny, because this question came up during The Talk (the coming out talk). And I couldn't answer because I'd never given it much thought. I was Tom. I'd always known myself as Tom and people called me Tom. I was Tom, and this female form living inside of me was also Tom. She was me.

I'm kind of fetched with the idea of a Nome de Femme. A little flair, I suppose. I picked IleneD as a play on my mother's maiden name, simply to enter this forum. Yet I like the idea of living in my mom's name.
    But the answer, rooted in reality, is that I am Tom...... for now

My SO is supportive but has never called me by my fem name. Reminds me of the song, "You never even call me by my name."
    I don't really know why it is so hard. so I just grin and bear it..
    Part Time Girl

I occasionally get "Primrose" but I have been doing this for so long there is no need for a special name.
    More important to both of us us the search for vintage clothing like the 1950s bikini she found for me today.

For me I don't have an alter ego - its just me. The clothes don't change me; they are just things I wear.

I am always astonished at how the vast majority on here, actually have wives! I have not met a woman yet, that accepts me crossdressing, period! You are all so very fortunate to have tolerating to accepting girlfriends, and wives! I thought when i got on this forum, it would be mostly loners like me, at 62,still no SO/wife, no accepting single women in my age range I have found.

Aspiring Member
    I'd like to think I don't have an alter ego - the entity hereafter referred to as Lily is simply James in a dress at best. I don't consider them entirely distinct - I don't think differently when dressed. Maybe I'll just be more self-aware, or more restrained in movement depending on what I'm wearing.

This being said, among those who know and tolerate, I am referred to Lily in the right contexts ("Is Lily cosplaying at the upcoming convention?", usually said in jest. I haven't bothered to crossplay yet.).

I don't have an SO yet. Not that I am waiting either. Not that I am currently dating in the first place.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    My Daughter likes the name Carla but, the wife only refers to it as, "Whatever" or, "Go put some socks on so I don't have to see that!"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!