Thread: Wolf Whistle

Wolf Whistle

I had on a dress and my high-heeled clogs yesterday afternoon, and was walking down Fairmount Avenue in the Fairmont section of Philadelphia when I received a wolf whistle from a passing truck, pretty good for a 63 year old!

While I have little respect for men who blow horns or whistle at women, good for you just the same.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Decades ago when I was taking an early evening stroll down a residential street I also got a wolf whistle. I was wearing a knee length red dress, red heels, nude hosiery and a blond wig. The truck was passing me from the rear. All I thought was "What would happen if he stopped?" I was NOT walking in a "pickup zone." Since then I moved my evening strolls to a different residential neighborhood with less traffic.

Banned Read only
    Rock, you have no idea what is in someone's mind when they do that. Is it sarcasm? Is he just a neanderthal who has run out of ideas on how to talk to people? A whistle is NEVER a compliment. Never. Would you find this a good thing if it was aimed at your daughters?

Aspiring Member
    Are all wolf-whistles or comments rude? For example, there are women who don't dress like a hooker yet they do dress very nicely, sexy with taste, and know that they look nice and want men to notice that they are attractive. Does a gentle whistle or comment on how attractive a woman is mean it's derogatory? Not to this male mind that occasionally has delusions that I can look that good.

On the other hand there are men who can be very rude with comments and whistles. For me it's the lumping of them all together that doesn't fit well with me. A whistle at an attractive woman can be a complement or done in a different manner completely uncomplimentary. Another case is a whistle or comment to a woman who was not blessed with any form of natural beauty. In cases such as that the whistle or comment is meant strictly to embarrass that person.

In other words, just about any action can be meant to be rude or complimentary, dependent on the situation. For me, if I heard a whistle I would assume that the person recognizes that I am not a GG and is just pointing out that they know.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-06-2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: word filter

Times have really changed a mega ton. So much fear. At one time, wolf whistling was appreciated by some women. I had a car toot at me once when dolled up. Some teens shout, "OMG".And the same day some rude guys shout expletives from a truck, both 11 yrs ago. Nothing since, and many hundreds have seen me walking, and driving. Now, in our fear world, not so much. Too much crime, and bad actors. I would actually consider some wolf whistles as appreciating how i looked.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 10-08-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Discreetly checking out an attractive women is one thing, and I do mean discreetly, but any catcall or outward expression is just plain creepy.

In Nottingham, England, it's now classed as a misogynistic hate crime

Wolf whistling to become a hate crime: Nottinghamshire Police cracks down on misogyny
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

I have been whistled at once while I was walking outside a shopping mall wearing a black knee length dress and 5" Heels. While it felt good in a way, (I felt I passed), it also felt a little degrading. It was a weird mix of emotions that went through me.

Derogatory behavior by the male species......

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Rock, you have no idea what is in someone's mind when they do that. Is it sarcasm? Is he just a neanderthal who has run out of ideas on how to talk to people? A whistle is NEVER a compliment. Never. Would you find this a good thing if it was aimed at your daughters?
    Jennifer, I agree!

I have received them, and I love them, I looked really nice so I was expecting that, for me it is a compliment. So much paranoia here.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    That's pretty cool compliment!
    I got a whistle while exiting a Fred Meyers; I was in an LBD, bare legs, and my 4.5" Mary Jane heels.
    It came from behind me.
    Though I never seek the attention of men, such is always flattering, that's it.
    I looked back and only saw a man and woman way behind me walking the opposite direction just in time to see them turn back around.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valery L View Post
    I have received them, and I love them, I looked really nice so I was expecting that, for me it is a compliment. So much paranoia here.
    But there are also instances where it's sarcasm -- loudly & publicly calling attention to a CD'er, intended to have a laugh & embarrass them.

Not so much paranoia, but reality.

there is a reason it's called a "wolf" whistle. A "wolf" has never been a good word when used in association with men. A wolf preys on young women. A wolf can offer to pay for sex (like a John). A wolf is a player. a wolf doesn't want a lasting relationship (see "love them and leave them")

The rising and lowering whistle has been used to express appreciation though.. Nice car, nice suit, nice ...legs
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

When I was dressed a car full of boys went by and one stuck his head out the window and hollered "You are beautiful.".
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Michala View Post
    Are all wolf-whistles or comments rude? ....
    Yes

I have received them, and I love them, I looked really nice so I was expecting that, for me it is a compliment. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_2014_B View Post
    That's pretty cool compliment! ...
    So Valery and Alice, let's say you are walking with your girlfriends or wives and as you pass some random guy, he makes the wolf whistle. Your reaction to that is, "Hey dude, thanks for complimenting my wife." Right?

Sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke.

Jen60, Unless Bill Clinton is with you!

I grew up with whistles and simple comments from men to women they see or pass by. Most women never made a face and most smiled. Now, depending on the accompanying words sometimes used, they can be very bad. In some places and countries, some women actually like them as a very informal compliment that they are worthy of the attention based on their looks. Others hate it. These are GG's, so, whatever floats their boat. Also, not all whistles and compliments are made by males who want to get into a woman's pants! Some are just another way, crude sometimes, of giving a compliment. Opinions vary just like everything else.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have had it happen before I just don't react to it and keep walking.

Silver Member
    Some time ago, when I was dress shopping, I got honked at. I was wearing a summery teal blue lace dress and a pair of wedge sandals, with no wig or makeup or breastforms. I was leaving the dress shop to get to my car, when a truck stopped to let me cross. As i stepped off the curb, the horn honked. I looked up and saw an older man behind the wheel with his wife. He gave me a thumbs up sign and I nodded.

I had very mixed feelings about the whole experience. Was he being positive? Sarcastic? I can only hope I left a favorable impression. I dress to please me, not to attract attention, although I know a large middle aged man in a dress inevitably gets noticed. So I try to do it tastefully.

Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    But there are also instances where it's sarcasm -- loudly & publicly calling attention to a CD'er, intended to have a laugh & embarrass them.

Not so much paranoia, but reality.
    I got whistled at one time at the grocery store and I guarantee this is exactly what it was. Being whistled out to make fun of me and call attention to me and to embarrass me. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

I'm with you- I am perceptive and I didn't hear any irony or sarcasm in that whistle, I truly believe it was intended to be a compliment.

Many years ago I went for a lunchtime walk at a local mall, wearing an ankle-length denim skirt, snug-fitting polyester top, flat sandals, and full beard and moustache - an obvious CDer. The mall was not packed, but there were shoppers present, and most ignored me. As I passed a group of twenty-somethings I could tell they were looking at me. After I passed I heard a loud whistle and some laughing. I didn't turn around, but I did glance at the other people around me: none of them were looking at me, but they were all looking back towards the group who were making the noise! I just smiled and kept walking...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Women have been trying to get men to STOP such behaviors for years, but congratulations on being sexually harassed and treated as less than human.