Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Apparently I Was Outed

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar

So Apparently I Was Outed

Hey girls, figured I would share with you all my story of being outed. Yes outed, it seems all my friends from my past have discovered Adriana and they have known for a while now. Here is my story.

About four years ago, I decided to follow what I felt was my true path, to be the real me, and to be happy.I spent years of my life pretending to be happy, and tried to live the life everyone else expected of me , but it was far from the true feelings I had inside.
    I looked at where I was in life, who my friends were, and decided it was time to become the best me I possibly could. In order to do this I needed to explore my feminine side, so in the process I stepped away from my so called life & friends and I took some much needed "ME" time, and started to try to understand, and express my feminine side. I spent my days working out in the gym running six miles a day, trying to get my body into a more feminine shape. I did research online, to learn about crossdressers, and what it was to be transgender, I studied and practiced makeup , and fashion all to better myself. I took notes, wrote things down,participated in this forum, and even started my own website as my own little private girl world filled with all the information I learned along the way to try to help others going through the same thing

In about six months I gained the knowledge & the confidence to finally make a the first step of going out in public and expressing my true gender and attended a Transgender Crossdresser event, it was here that I realized I was not alone in my feelings. I made lots of new friends, friends I still have to this day. I attended seminars, and local support groups, and traveled as much as I could to learn about my gender identity, and to meet and hear the stories of other people just like me.

That whirlwind lasted about a year before I stepped back again to analyze my life.
    It was here it dawned on me I have not made contact with any of my old friends, and they too had made no effort to contact me . I had been so busy trying to figure my life out, that I never looked back, but also did my so called friends even care ? Sure there was one or two I felt bad about not having in my life, and wanted to reach out to, but the majority at this point in time did not matter anymore.
    So I pushed forward. I was finally happy, and comfortable with myself.

3 more years passed by and I continued down my new path, I was completely comfortable now with my new identity, made lots of new friends, and was exploring and living my life to the fullest in the real world, as Adriana.

One day while reading the comments on my blog, I noticed a familiar name ( it was someone from my past ) who had discovered my blog, and obviously discovered everything about me .I put my entire life online with no shame in my game almost as if I wanted it to be found. I was never ashamed of being me.

At this point I knew I was outed, and that he would go and tell everyone from my past about what he saw, and what he learned. I panicked , and decided to reach out to one of my old gal pals, she was one girl I always felt bad about leaving out of my new life, she was the acception to the majority of my friends, at least SHE reached out via text to say happy birthday, or wish me a happy holiday, and I knew when I was ready to come "out" , she was the first person I was going to tell.

So I called her, and came clean. I told her I was Transgender, and that I have made an entire new life for myself, and for once I was truly happy. Her response was "I have known for a long time, I love you, and want you to be happy" . This response peaked my curiosity, HOW did she know ? How long ago did she know ?

It turns out my "so called best friend hacked into my email over a year and a half ago . He found tracking numbers, and mail orders for makeup and shoes. He found pictures, he found my website, he found everything. Not knowing what to do, he decided to ask ANOTHER friends advice , which was the complete WRONG thing to do , instead of approaching me about the situation. This particular friend blabbed his mouth to just about anyone who would listen. EVERYONE from my past knew. They knew everything., and they have all known for a while.

After I found this out, I had kind of laughed it off, so everyone has known for years now ? "Yup"....and nobody cares, as long as you are happy. But the more I thought about this, the more it dawned on me how much my privacy was violated.

Hacking into my email ? Telling everyone? People have lost jobs, wives, and even lives due to being outed. Nobody put my feelings into consideration. Lucky for me, I had made a brand new life for myself, and nobody from my past mattered anyway. I had nothing to lose.

With that a feeling of relief came over me, no more getting nervous about running into someone from my past when I am out locally. Everyone knew I was "OUT" but me apparently. So now, I have no more worries. I am completely free.

When my friend caught wind I knew about what they had done, he had texted me to apologize for hacking into my email, and making the wrong decision in asking another friend advice on how to handle the situation leading to me being outed.
    Although I appreciated him reaching out, at this point in time it was too little, too late. Here was my response.

"At this point in time I am mostly "out" anyway and so far removed from that group of friends that it does not even matter. It does however prove my point of what my gut told me when I decided to confront the whole transgender thing, and that was none of you were my real friends anyway, the actions of you and some of my other friends just put it in stone for me. I am mad, but at the end of the day does it really matter? Does it have any effect on my life ? It really doesn't, I can just look back shake my head and know years ago I made the right decision".

I DID make the right decision, I am one of the lucky ones, I had nothing to lose choosing this path except maybe a few friends who at the end of the day proved they were far from true friends. I made a whole new life for myself, with all new friends.
    I have traveled , and have done things I could of only dreamed of years ago.
    I am happier and living life the way I should be. I wouldn't change anything. I am free to be me.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 10-07-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very crazy place the "interwebs" can be; at least you're willing to admit what happened and move on.
    Thanks for sharing.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

You are a strong brave person. If we all had your courage! And your "new" friends.

That is one amazing story, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Michelle

Wow, remind me not to anger you if I was your friend. You not only burned the bridge you made the river deeper and faster. He apologized, no one died. But looks like what you said is true, you were never his friend anyway.

Not saying you have to take him in your arms and hug him then go our for a beer, but damn, saying everyone was not your friend? That none cared about your feelings? (They kept it within your circle and NO ONE came to you to rub your face in it) and many said as long as you're happy...seems to me they accepted you.

Do you feel better?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

thats was the last straw in a long line of actions, more examples would be going 8 months without a phone call pre this situation after i broke up with my girlfreind....ignoring phone calls and texts for months....it goes on but hey....continue to look at it as half empty....

Thanks very much for sharing! I am glad everything worked out for you! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

You're happy and you feel
    Things are the way they should be. Enough said. Congrats
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Always more to the story. You made it sound like the outing was the reason, but there was far more. Very similar to those who say their SO left because they caught them wearing panties once. What I saw from your story was the crossdressing was kept within your circle, no one went out and bought a billboard and no one confronted you. I don't see that as half full. I see that as a group of friends who really didn't care "as long as you were happy". But is there more to that story?

People outgrow people. Interests change. I haven't heard from my high school best friend in 35 years. He got married, the wife made him choose her or me. He chose her. If, today, he contacted me he would still be my friend even though that hurt me. I didn't write him off. I have lost friends (or lost track especially) over the years. That happens and it seems this group for you had gone off in a direction (or you did) that wasn't shared. It just seems to me that you wanted to hurt them back because you felt you had been hurt. I would not stay friends with someone who hacked my emails either, but you seemed in your post to be angry with EVERYONE in that circle because they didn't come and tell you they knew. The glass being half empty is partially because you spilled some.

Maybe it's an age thing but when you get o point in your life where you feel someone who had been your friend does somethhing that doesn't change the world, you accept the apology, tell them you were hurt and move on

none of you were my real friends anyway, the actions of you and some of my other friends just put it in stone for me.
    is pretty broad. They didn't do anything to make your life miserable, they just kept your secret in their circle. Seems like there were some real friends in there
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    thats was the last straw in a long line of actions, more examples would be going 8 months without a phone call pre this situation after i broke up with my girlfreind....ignoring phone calls and texts for months....it goes on but hey....continue to look at it as half empty....
    You are free! Be you! Fill that glass and let it overflow!!

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Wow, remind me not to anger you if I was your friend. You not only burned the bridge you made the river deeper and faster. He apologized, no one died. But looks like what you said is true, you were never his friend anyway.
    Hey now, the guy hacked her email, read all her private stuff then told everyone he knew ... and she had to find out through someone else. He only apologized after he was busted. If it was me, his apology would not have been accepted either.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    +1, Amy

That was my exact thought when reading that.

You are an amazing person and this is an amazing story. I've kind of been down in the dumps today but this story has picked me back up again.

Dani

hey goomba, long time...
    the nerve of some people. they need to mind their own biz! but they don't...
    good for you that you were finally at a point in your life where you wanted to be.
    accepting and being happy with yourself and that this had no adverse effect on you.
    it must be a great feeling to not have to hide and finally be free to be the great
    and happy person that you want to be. i am very happy for you and hope to always
    be considered a friend. maybe out of sight, but never out of my thoughts!!
    paula

Wow for so many reasons. First, why on earth did he hack your email in the first place??? I'm so so happy to hear that you're able to walk away feeling pride in who you are rather than embarrassment.

I followed you in a variety of settings. I have been inspired and learned much. Thanks so much for sharing yourself so openly and your learning in your blogs and on Facebook.

Thanks for sharing that Adriana. Yeah I was outed by my ex-wife and oh well my old friends do not call either. I have followed your threads and you were inspirational to us. Take care and know that we all like you here.
    Part Time Girl

Sounds like one of those horror stories that people make up to keep you scared. I think you handled every thing great and you came out on top and became yourself along the way. In a situation like this, you do find out who your true friends are. Though I wish the few that were true friends that found out would have told you earlier. Carry on!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad it all worked out for you.

Thank you for sharing your story and for using paragraphs so that it was easy for me to read. The 'friend" who hacked your email is certainly no friend, good riddance!
    Hugs, Carole

You did what you had to do Adriana. I'm proud of you for boldly being yourself my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That was the best/coolest thing I've read in a long time. Thanks Adriana! What courage!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie Summer View Post
    Wow for so many reasons. First, why on earth did he hack your email in the first place??? I'm so so happy to hear that you're able to walk away feeling pride in who you are rather than embarrassment.
    This is the part I just cant comprehend. Why hack my email. Only thing I could think of is this guy (who has ignored me for years ) diddnt have the guts to just simply pick up the phone and say hello, it was already about 2 years since he went out of his way to pick up a phone, maybe he felt guilty, or just wanted to make sure I was ok, or was curious what I was up to. Boy he sure found out LOL...it is what it is....and in the end does it really matter anymore ? But still hack an email ? SMH

God Bless you and your story, Adriana.
    While I'm CD and not seeking a full time transgender life, I identify with what you thought, did and felt.

The best part is the part I'm experiencing now, just months after outing myself with the SO. The best part is NO SHAME. I love that. No need to feel any shame. Yes, it's wise to be discreet, and not do stupid things to flaunt a dual gender identity or CD; but discreet is not shame.

The great part of your story, Adrianna, and one we can all learn from is the courage to by You; and the courage to shed the criticism. My Coming-Out proceeds a step at a time, and I want to reach that stage when it doesn't matter who knows, and all those that DO love me will know.
    THANKS FOR SHARING.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Adrianna,

I wish I could get some friends to fall out with. Seems you have an embarrassment of riches in that regard.

However, it is insane that an alleged friend checks out your email, reads and then disseminates said information to all that would listen. A real life stab in the back, if ever there was . You might have been a bit harsh about the entire old circle of friends, but life is like that and you are happy with your decision and I'm happy for you too.

If my wife's phone beeps after she has gone to bed, I don't even check to see who it is from. If it is family, they will buzz me if she hasn't replied within a short time. Plus, who she converses with and what she puts up on social media is not for me to know, unless she wants me to. So, I can definitely feel your pain on that betrayal. If your OLD friend needs to check out some real email crap, I'll give him my email address. It's filled with stock standard drivel, so will likely keep him occupied for many a year.

I've checked a few bits out from your web over time and it has some good features.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk