Thread: happy thanksgiving from the great white north

happy thanksgiving from the great white north

Today is thanksgiving here in Canada and because I am off today I thought I'd spend the entire day dressed.I had the Thanksgiving feast with my son and daughter Saturday night at my sons home with their significant others and so I am alone as they are at their in-laws today.Last night I painted my nails and shaved my legs.I usually get dressed around sunset ,I don't think I've ever been dressed during the day and I wasn't sure what to do about my makeup.I use a foundation and a powder for my nighttime look but I thought that might be a bit much.Did my brows with a pencil(from grey to brown) a little eyeliner, a bit of shadow and mascara ,left the false lashes off.Not a bad day time look except for a bit of shadow on my upper lip,but since I won't be going out I left it as is.I don't usually stay dressed as long as I plan to to-night ,I'll be having dinner while dressed and eating while wearing lipstick will be a new experience for me.After supper I think I might have coffee in the sunroom where my neighbors can look out their dining room window and maybe catch a glimpse of Karen.If I could get this daytime look right I'd definitely go out in broad daylight.I'm slowly getting to the point where I need to get out and introduce Karen to the world and to my family.I can't keep her penned up indoors forever. Happy Turkey Day from the great white north .KAREN.

Platinum Member
    Hi Karen, Sounds great, Your neighbors will want to know who that lovely lady was.

What does the Canadian Thanksgiving dinner consist of, As Turkey seams to be the main USA Thanksgiving dinner......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A Canadian thanksgiving has the same fixings as you Americans Turkey ,stuffing ,cranberry sauce ,sweet potatoes,we do a ham as well.We just do it earlier than you folks.

But why a month early? I don't think I heard that answer? But it's nice to be dressed during the day isn't it?

Reality Check
    Because the harvest is a month earlier?

I have relatives who live an hour's drive from the Canadian border in NY State. Their "summer" is July. They sometimes have frost on Labor Day.

'harvest' sounds like a good answer to me.