Thread: "That thing has two ends you know." Lighthearted fare for Friday

Banned Read only

"That thing has two ends you know." Lighthearted fare for Friday

Remember this expression our parents would yell every time you picked up a rake, 2 x 4, broom, whatever? I'm sure we all used it with our kids too. Well it struck me that we cross dressers have two ends too, but we call them front and back. Have you ever taken a "rear view" picture. And I don't mean a butt shot, but what the rest of the world sees of us from behind. Just another reason passing is impossible and therefore not worthy of worry.

I think the only thing that can go on in someone's mind after seeing me from behind is, "What the what?"

bike calves.jpg
    So, when you find yourself nitpicking every little detail in the mirror, just remember "that thing has two ends," and stop nitpicking. Just get out there.

and just for kicks, why mini skirts are out for me:

bike thighs.jpg

I've heard its a mighty thin pancake that doesn't have 2 sides. You have a point.

Hey Jen, I take a rear shot just about every time I pull the camera out. Sometimes the thing that might tip folks off is obvious to them but not you. Guess its my old design engineer training in me to look at things from all angles!
    You can wear above the knee, but your thighs are just to muscular to go much higher, girl! (IMHO)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Hosiery. dark, dark hosiery...

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Yes, that red/orange instinctively brings an observer's eyes (and attention) to your back/shoulders, for example.

Because, guess what? That's what certain colors do!

Guess what else? Other colors do the opposite.

Will they make a CD'er's relatively more masculine shoulders go away? Nope!

But they can help trick an observer's eye & mind that much more.

Oh, and it's not just front & back -- but *all* angles!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Wow yep pretty amazing picture and no I never think of my behind except does my hair look right in the back or are my jeans to tight lol

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    To be honest, I've never taken a rear shot as I'm sure the result would be too traumatic. So, next time I get the camera out for a posing session, I'll give it a bash. Brave and equally honest to show the less than flattering views, but they are a harsh reality and one I can live with. I just believe I look great and the rest of the world appears to play along with my delusion.

My calf muscles used to be muscular when I was a road runner and gym bunny. These days, I'm more of a couch potato and like the Duracell bunny, but with a dead battery (if you get the same adverts as us?). I really must get more active.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It is wise to take front and rear pics before leaving the house.
    If there are imperfections trust me the cam will find them.
    I try to do that each time.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I take rear-pictures everytime I dress up.
    I have to admit that they don't turn out bad.
    But I still got work to do; they're very important.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Jennifer it is a fact, the bottom end is just as important as the top end. Well unless you are sitting behind a desk with no side or rear view Or wearing a floor length flowing gown. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Thanks for that reminder Jennifer, I have never given much thought to rear photos.
    I will do it next time I have the camera going.

Aspiring Member
    Is that where the phrase "to make ends meet" comes from?

Bad Ineke

I usually try to get pictures in a variety of poses and directions when I try a new outfit. Sometimes it tells me clearly that from any angle, that outfit doesn't work as well as I had hoped, and that it places too much emphasis on the size of my shoulders and torso.

But with other outfits, and especially when I wear hip pads as well as my wig and breast forms, my figure looks completely passable. The trick is to experiment with fit, sleeve shape, colors and padding to get a believably feminine look. I'll never look much better than a tall, plus-sized woman of average attractiveness. I doubt I will ever squeeze into less than a size 12 to 14 skirt or pants, or a size 18 blouse or dress. But I can still be seen as attractive and feminine, even when I hang out with younger and more attractive Genitic Girls. Plus sized gals can still look attractive and feminine.

For how muscular your legs are, I will agree that a skirt that short doesn't work that well for you. But you might be quite pleasantly surprised at the results if you try a skirt that is just above the knee, and add hip pads to your underpinnings.

hmmm... as they say, get their attention from the front, but hold it from the rearPhoto 005 (2).jpg
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Jen,
    It's a good point, only tonight I was sorting some outfits and thought looked great from the front but the effect from the back wasn't so good, part of the problem is the longer back men have compared to women isn't very flattering, clothes can just look too short and badly fitting. Yet again I've found my favourite Next jacket came to the rescue, also I have a thing about wide belts,they are great at pulling in the waist and improving the look from the back because they create the illusion of a shorter female back and make the rear end look more rounded . I also usually tuck blouses and Tshirts in the skirt , which can look good with a nice belt .

Sh-sh-sh-shakin' all over jemima_bates's Avatar
    Padding Jen, padding - that's the only way I can get my rear view to approach the right kind of look. Not that I pass, and not that I want to, but the illusion of curves is something that's important to me.

And re. your second picture - wow - those thighs!

Jemima x

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Not only adding (with padding) -- but also subtracting (with a fairly firm yet perfectly wearable body-briefer, for example).

Unless she's already wearing all that in the photos?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    .. but your thighs are just to muscular to go much higher, girl! (IMHO)
    That and the bike tan line pretty much defines what i can wear/ Its not like I'm going to give up biking!

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    ... I just believe I look great and the rest of the world appears to play along with my delusion...
    The perfect philosophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    ... as they say, get their attention from the front, but hold it from the rear..
    I think I'm scaring them from the rear. Need to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by jemima_bates View Post
    Padding Jen, padding - ...
    Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    Not only adding (with padding) -- but also subtracting (with a fairly firm yet perfectly wearable body-briefer, for example)....
    I'm too lazy of a cross dresser to invest in padding or shapers. I am what I am, frightening though it may be!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_2014_B View Post
    I take rear-pictures everytime I dress up.
    Me too. Side/profile pictures to see bust & hip shape in different outfits.

In fact I try to video myself walking to and away from the camera, stand, pose, squat ( gotta know how to do that ladylike, and also hold the dress/skirt and fix it again once you stand again - and I need to really make a conscious effort to lean back/stand upright with neck pulled way back in order to look feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_2014_B View Post

they're very important.
    Absolutely.

Reality Check
    I take front and rear photos often. I wear a Veronica 5 padded undergarment and the rear shots look pretty convincing. I also take side shots and they don't look as good. women carry differently than men. Women carry it in the abdomen, men carry it in the belly. I need to work on that. Also, my face is more convincing from the front than from the side.

Women select clothing to hide what they consider "defects" in their bodies. We can do that as well. For example, a long top, worn outside of the skirt can camouflage the belly/abdomen thing. Long skirts or dresses can hide masculine looking or unshaven legs.

If you take a strip of paper, and twist it 1/2-way, then tape the ends together you get a "Mobius strip". Its noteworthy feature is that it has ONLY ONE "SIDE" AND ONE "EDGE".....

OMG,,what a biker babe! Someones very fit!