Thread: Crying in female mode.

Crying in female mode.

I thought I would float this one out there for discussion. When dressed, do others here cry when they are happy?

The first time I was dressed in a TVCD get together I casually put my hands together, index fingers to my lips and cried a little bit. It's happened a few other times too. It feels good and it feels natural to do - not just as a matter of female deportment. This must be related to the general male expectation of not showing emotions so vividly.

Anyone else do this?

I have a richer range of emotion at all times now - I do not cry often but when I do my clothing does not seem to matter

Kelly,
    I think that I cry easily anyway, doesn't matter if I am dressed or not. I am a crier though, lol. Love to watch chick flicks, get dolled up, turn on Hallmark channel, get my glass of wine and curl up on the couch. So much fun. Next thing I know, I am reaching for the kleenex box. I cry for sad things and happy things too.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

When we are in touch with our feelings, we cry.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kelly -- it sounds like you're accessing an open emotional state. It sounds pretty healthy. Have you thought about allowing your male presentation to get to the same place? And yes, I cry. Not wracking sobs, but just big tears rolling down at things I never allowed my male self to cry about. But he always wanted to; I just didn't let him.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I love old black and white weepies, even in male mode an odd tear does slip out but when dressed it happens more often.
    Last edited by DIANEF; 10-08-2016 at 04:11 PM.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I NEVER cry when completely en femme - tough as nails. I wouldn't want to ruin my makeup.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Kelly,
    Not quite as you have described it but I have experienced and succumbed to very different and more feminine emotions while dressed.

Generally, I cry in either mode for something happy. Like a husband and wife working out their differences. I seem to cry more the older I get! I am also sure that I will cry when the make up is on and the wig is put in place and I see Lana Mae for the first time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think maybe you think you should cry because you are in girl mode.
    I admit I cry when the emotions run high it has nothing to do with how I am dressed at the time.

Banned Read only
    I've never cried while dressed. Of course, I don't cry at all, so... Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Kelly -- it sounds like you're accessing an open emotional state. It sounds pretty healthy. Have you thought about allowing your male presentation to get to the same place? And yes, I cry. Not wracking sobs, but just big tears rolling down at things I never allowed my male self to cry about. But he always wanted to; I just didn't let him.
    This is pretty much me. I am a pretty emotional person but I just had it drummed out of me that I shouldn't be so emotional. (This was done mostly by my older brother who was ironically described by his friends as the emotional one of the group. But that's another story.)

I'm an emotional girl some times i cry but some times i cry in bloke mode.

I have always 'teared up' in moments when movies reach very emotional breakthrough points. Love old movies of the 30s & 40s, but also a lot of the newer ones also, quite a few situation comedies and love-stories, whether on tv or in theaters. and also, yeah, once in an "every-so-often," I will find something somewhat sappy on the Hallmark channel to vicariously experience some romance. I have noticed that usually I watch those kinds of flicks with a noticeable slant toward thinking of things from the woman's point of view. I think I have always considered the effects I had on the girls I dated during my college years and for the few years after as a bachelor before my first marriage. I was too shy in junior high and high school and so never dated then. I remember my mother set up my date for the senior prom because someone needed a date so she could go. I can not even recall who it was ---just a daughter of one of my mom's friends (I had some very hard times during 8th and 9th grade. One close long-time friend [since 2nd or 3rd grade had to move away with his family, and the other one I was next close to was killed late at night along with his mom and sister---out on the truck bypass around the edge of our town ---both of these events about a third of the way thru my 8th grade year. That broke the hearts of everyone in our jr. hi. we all cried a lot. I know if I could ever get in touch with all the lonely abandonment feelings I had for the next year and a half, I could really do a good deal of crying that would bring some healing, but I have not been able to do that yet, and here it is 52 years later right now. Only one girl and I made it to the New Mexico All-State Band from our Junior high in 9th grade, and at the end of the year,she and I received the first ever memorial band award in the sister's name [my 2nd best friend's sister had been a year ahead of he and I, she was one of the sweethearts of the school, and was the first-chair percussionist of our band and also head cheer-leader [ or should that be cheer-leaderess? ha ha] )
    My sister and I and often her best friend (they've been very close ever since 7th grade, we're all now approx 68 [[ I will turn 70 in Jan]] ) will go to a theater to see a first run theater and afterwards all 3 of us sometimes will have misty eyes and/or tear-tracks not completely wiped away. But now I cant say I have ever cried while dressing, although I do remember feeling very elated the first time I went out dressed late at night in my new apt community after my second divorce and moving to where I live now in the big big city

I have cried a lot when one of my pets dies. never had a wife, Cried a lot when a close friend who was a father figure died, in 1993. We played a lot of basketball together for years. i did not cry when my parents past of old age. Sad, a few tears, but relieved. Animals dying seems to cause me most grief. This morning i had a strange dream that a guy I knew in grade and high school committed suicide crashing an airplane. it was so real, i woke up, and a tear, but last i knew he is alive. I have been having many strange dreams now that i am off lithium after 26 years. A month ago, I should have cried, after nearly being slaughtered on my bicycle after a speeding car did not see me, and missed me by about 4 to 6 feet. I was just stunned, and numb. Have not cried when all dolled up yet, though. I have to move in a few weeks, and may cry then. I hate moving and have to move everything alone, and have been in the same apartment over 5 years. i might cry a little , and it will be another hard move for me , my 49th move, no help either.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 10-09-2016 at 05:42 AM.

Banned Read only
    Kelly,
    When we dress we relax , our minds become less stressful, so the emotions also flow freer, the feminine side becomes the active part and the emotion that go with it. I find I'm happier and smile much more, it's good to release those feelings often I find they carry over into drab mode , yes I am more tearful when watching a sad film or story but also smile more as well.

I cry quite easily if it's socially appropriate. Far more easily than my Wife cries which does raise an eyebrow at times lol. What I'm wearing doesn't influence it to be honest though.