Thread: What about Maria?

What about Maria?

We are interested in moving, we want to sell our house first before buying another one. The house we are interested in got postponed and won't be ready till mid 2018. The reallitor brought us an offer on our house and the closing is in 2 months. We we talking about where we would move for 2 years and I suggested our stuff in storage and move in with one of our parents. The reallitor went outside so we can make a discussion, I couldn't believe it but the first thing that came to my wife's mind over everything she said to me "BUT WHAT ABOUT MARIA". I sat there with a stunned look on my face and said"WHAT". I told her out of all the things, your thinking about that. She said its a big part of me and us, and as long as im aware that Marias things would also be put in storage for a few years. Long story short we refused the offer. WOW! I didn't think Maria was such a big part of my house hold discussions. I guess I was wrong.

Awesome! That's pretty much all I can offer. Just awesome.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

That is awesome that she thought of that.
    My wife's parents are considering doing the Florida( maybe not anymore ) 6 months and here 6 months. I said I don't know I could deal with her parents OR my mom living with us.( they are all a bit neurotic) I did mention it would crimp my style. She knew instantly what I meant.
    An
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Instead of saying "but what about Maria?", she could have broken out in song: "How do you solve a problem like Maria?"

For the youngsters here, it's from "The Sound of Music".

I do think that putting Maria "on ice" for the next two years would be very hard for you.

Nicole, how do you hold moonbeam in your hand?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    What are the tax consequences of waiting two years to buy again?

That sounds great! You owe your wife big time. Flowers, chocolates, a wonderful night out! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wouldn't have sold either.
    If the home you want becomes unavailable for whatever reason and you have taken an offer on your current house you are in for trouble.
    You will be forced to vacate in 30 to 60 days and you may not have found a suitable rental in that time frame, plus storage costs and general headaches involved in the process.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-08-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    Even being in a DADT situation my wife has to bring my CDing into the equation when we think about moving house. At one time my assumption was my wife was so eager to down size that I thought it was her way of ending my CDing, at least she was honest with the answer and assured me it wasn't the case.

Your wife is so considerate, at least you know when any move happens Maria will be part of it.

Just to end with an ironic story, when we picked a lovely cottage intending to do some renovation work for our retirement. It was on a quiet road in a village with walks around one of the largest man made lakes in Europe, the problem was one of the paths passed the cottage so I commented that it wasn't private enough. Little did I know that the owner of the house next door is a TS at my social group, we had to have a laugh over that when we discovered the coincidence .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-08-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Wow, what a great wife!! Good luck on finding another house.

Reality Check
    You know you could rent a house or apartment to live in in the meantime. Many people do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Nicole, how do you hold moonbeam in your hand?
    I know how to hold a Jim Beam in my hand - still working on moonbeam.

We were shopping for a new house and while going thru one of the models we saw it had 3 walk-in closets.
    My wife saw them first and said, "Look, his, hers and hers". I thought it was a great idea...but we bought a different house for other reasons.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !