Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you dress?

How would you dress?

My wife went into a store and waited in the parking lot. I was watching women come in and out and I was just analyzing how they were dressed. When my wife came back I asked her, if Maria got the a miracle and became a real women what type of fashion person would she believe I would be. She told me if she relates my male dressing to female dressing she believes she could put it together. I don't wear men suits unless it's a major event, so I wouldn't be a pencil skirt jacket professional looking women. I usally wear jeans, but not a t- shirt look, but more of a golf shirt or dresser shirt that takes out Tom boy look. She narrowed me down to not a real girly, girly look but a capri pants, girly tops and always well dressed and lots of jewelry. I don't wear runners in male mode so she believes I would wear sandals and dresser girl shoes. My all around look would be casual and maybe dresses on small outings and major events.
    I pointed out to her how it's unbelievable how women dress differently, I have never seen my sister in law in pants. As long as I've known her she always wearing a skirt or dress even in casual times, and then there our freinds wifes who look like slops and Tom boyish.
    My wife has become a very casual dresser, doesn't wear a dress or skirt unless she really has to, but always looks good with whatever she wears, for work or casual.
    If the miracle happened to you, do you believe you know what type of fem dresser you would be.

I'm sorry, if I was an actual female, I would not leave the house looking like most of those women. I know that it takes time to look good, but I would not want to leave the house looking like that.
    Bree
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-08-2016 at 02:59 PM. Reason: rude to women
    Brandy Mathews

I'm working on making my own miracle happen. But I'm finding that after the initial rush of over-compensation, I'm really dressing for comfort which is what I did as a cis-impersonator too. I tend to wear pants or shorts; I prefer to wear tank tops -- now that it's getting cold I'll put a flannel shirt on over a tank top. When it gets still colder, I'll probably wear sweaters over tank tops. I really only ever put on a dress for special occasions. Footwear also depends on the occasion though I probably spend 90% of my time in sneakers (trainers, apparently, to the UK crowd.) But if I'm going out past my local area I'll often trade the sneaks for heeled short boots. So I guess in general, I'm a slob -- though I prefer the term "casual."

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Jackson View Post
    I know that it takes time to look good, but I would not want to leave the house looking like that.
    Would you rather be late? Would you really spend an hour getting ready to go pick up a carton of milk at the grocery store? How long do you think you could maintain that standard if you dressed every day?
    Last edited by Pat; 10-08-2016 at 08:52 AM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

It is possible for men and women to dress with some sense of style.

Only skirts and dresses. I would never, under any circumstances, wear pants.

Karen Sue

I am with Karen, maybe a pair of shorts with stockings but never pants...and very vintage stuff as well
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

In defense of all the women let's remember that girls today are taught from day one that their appearance isn't what's supposed to be important, it's what they do and what they're like 'inside' that is the only thing that really counts. They're taught to be that way; they subconsciously intentionally sabatage their own appearance. It's not their fault.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-12-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    Sorry Bree but I find your statement incredibly sexist.

Back to the OP, if I were a woman, I have to believe I'd spend a lot of time in dresses and skirts (both casual and dressier) because I do love the free feeling of a skirt. At the same time, I'd also spend a lot of time in yoga pants and leggings because they're freakin' comfortable and for lounging around the house or a quick run to the store, why not. I see jeans and dress pants being a smaller portion of my wardrobe although I'm sure I'd still wear them from time to time. Some situations just dictate that.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-08-2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: rude to men

It may be a misconception on my part, but, I believe that where one lives has an impact on how they dress. Where I live it hot and humid eight months out of the year. My observation is that women in my part of the country dress for comfort, especially when doing the routine things that one does everyday. That means shorts, leggings, yoga pants, jeans, matched with a comfortable top. Ordinarily, when I see a woman in a dress and high heels, I assume that she is on her way home from a job in a professional setting. Now, a night out at the theater (not a movie) would be an opportunity to dress up, but everyday would be impractical.

With that said, I will say, and I am not being critical) there are a lot of women and girls who are seriously overweight (men, too). I do feel badly for them. A person, man or woman (may be)influenced to dress differently that a (another) person.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-08-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: yeah ya did. :) more general is better

I wear a coat and tie most of the time in male mode, even though most of my coworkers dress casually. In female mode, it's the same thing. I almost always wear a dress or a skirt. The only exceptions are on very cold days, or when I want to do something "rough" like walking in the woods. At these times, I wear embroidered jeans, or jeans with lots of bling. But for everyday wear, I like to be fancy. Not over the top, but tastefully fancy.

Aspiring Member
    in boy mode I am jeans & t-shirts. If I were a girl, I think I would be more like my sister. She never leaves the house without makeup. She owns 1 pair of jeans. Up to a couple years ago she wore dresses or skirts 90% of the time. Not that I would never wear pants but I would prefer skirts & dresses. I would still hate capris.
    Sara

I agree with Karen Sue! I would wear mainly skirts or dresses. Now if i were camping i probably would be in pants or capris along with a long or short sleeve blouse, but otherwise its skirts or dresses for me.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post
    I have some pants but never wear them. It has to be a skirt or a dress for me. And where I live most women take little or no pride in their appearance, (that's not to say the men are any better) pyjama bottoms, hair tied back (what we call in the UK a council house facelift..), dreary clothes, and look like they have given up on life. What I wear and how I look would shame many of them.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-08-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: rude and uncalled for
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Assuming that magically becoming female granted me a relatively normal feminine height and figure, the first effect would be a shopping spree for new clothes and shoes! But the majority of shoe and clothing styles would be pretty similar to what I wear now when en-femme. My current wardrobe ranges from jeans and capri pants and t-shirts to pretty blouses and skirts, and some few fancy dresses. Anything from 'casual soccer mom' to clubwear suitable to a woman in her 30's. That probably wouldn't change much. I already have a well-defined sense of style for my feminine self.

I don't own many formal dresses or ballgowns, simply because I have nowhere to wear such things at this time. I'd get some in a heartbeat if I had suitable occasions to wear them at.

Actually being female would most likely allow me to buy a lot more dresses, because my upper body wouldn't be a four to six size difference to my lower. I need a size 18-20 top to accommodate my shoulders and 40D chest, but wear size 14 skirts or pants today. I'm also a bit long in the torso and a bit tall for a real woman, today. It would be very nice for more dresses to actually fit my body shape!

Probably I would get more things with a lower neckline, once I had real cleavage to show off and could wear more revealing bras, without worrying if my breast forms would show. Certainly I'd get some new, more revealing bikini tops and crop-top shirts! Nothing incredibly daring, but showing off more of 'the girls' than I can now.
    Last edited by Ceera; 10-08-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Moderator's note: Do not insult women OR men over how they dress and how YOU think they should. The OP asked about how YOUR style would be. Your thoughts about if people dress nicely is your opinion and really not pertinent to this discussion. So any posts here that slam how people dress will be deleted...got it?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Why would anything change from my current style & wardrobe?

If my life were more or less the same otherwise, obviously I'd have to have some things that I don't have now (like a larger selection for office work, for example).

One thing that would definitely change, though, are more tops that would highlight my fem upper body a good deal more. I mean, yeah, I have some short-sleeve stuff that I wear at home or whatever. But in full girl-mode? No way do I wear any of that in public.

Also, I'd probably be a bit more colorful. Since I sometimes go out in public in partially-dressed guy-mode, I do intentionally restrict myself somewhat in which colors (and their percentages) I wear out there. But if I had the social acceptance thing (or even "expectation")? I'd most definitely brighten it up.

Mostly wear the dresses i have, and skirt combos, but also flared leg jeans and tops, sweaters, hats, for bitter cold weather.

I would dress generally to blend in but that does not exclude dresses or skirts. Women here still wear dresses to church and special occasions. I think generally jeans and pants and a nice top with a skirt now and then. Dresses for special occasions. Heels when I feel they fit in. Pantyhose almost always. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ditto here
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenSusan View Post

I would NOT dress as a French maid.........

...........because mine is an English maid uniform.

This is easy, the same as I wear now when CDed. About the same as my wife and the rest of the women in the rural area, but maybe I would dress in business attire a little more when going to town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

If I was a real woman and had NO BEARD GROWTH to worry about
    I'd be in ponytail and sportswear most of the time - with a lot of black, white and fluorescent pink
    and NO MAKEUP. I only wear it now because I need to do so to hide the make look.

Of course I would have some amazing semi-formal (Eveningwear & Sunday Best ) and businesslike dresses as well and do the face for those.

I would dress to blend in with other women. I would wear jeans that are form fitting that look good on my figure, occasionally dresses and skirts. Not all women want to dress up all the time. I sure wouldn't go out in a pair of ill fitting sweatpants or pajama bottoms. I would dress to look respectful when I was dressing casual in public. I sure wouldn't be wearing a dress or a skirt all the time in the privacy of my own house or yard.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Logic, I would dress according to the weather. In summer, skirts, and in the winter, pants of some type. Canadian winters can and do get very cold.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I would be dressed to the nines in the most feminine, girly clothes possible.