Thread: Finally LEGAL 😲

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar

Finally LEGAL 😲

Sooooo this happened:

I had gone to the DMV (BMV in Ohio) to get new stickers for my license plates a few days ago. While I was there, I asked them about the paperwork to change my gender marker, because for some reason, they do that... And I asked them if they would need any other information once my name was changed BEFORE I came in to get a new license with all the corrected info...

Well, they told me I could drop off the paperwork at any time and they could just keep it on file.... The idea being, I would be updated in the system, and when I was ready, I could come in with my name change information and then they would issue me a new license with new name / picture and updated gender info.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

So I went back today to give them the specific paperwork they needed and they decide to fax it in to the main office. I was gonna leave, but they asked me to wait a few minutes so, I did...

When they called me up, they told me because I don't resemble my current license anymore and because I have a new address they decided they were just going to go ahead and update my license with all the correct information, INCLUDING MY NEW GENDER...

Of course the name is wrong buuuut...

As of today, I am officially, legally female. 😁

HOLY. CRAP! ❤
    IMG_20161007_092846.jpg
    "I'm a work in progress..."

That is so awesome that you were able to get your gender marker changed. I cannot wait for the day when I will be able to get my name and gender marker changed.

Legally female and super cute too! Congrats!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    That is awesome! Now you just need the courts to get your name right.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

My question along this line is, does this change your birth certificate as well, or does the state still require a surgeons letter. I was born in Ohio a long, long time ago and, as of a year ago, that was still needed to change the certificate. I have lived in Florida since the 60's and all my paperwork here states I am a female. The final document is the cert. If any one knows the answer to this please post it. I would be most appreciative.

Bobbi

Congratulations, you got an F in sex.

Bobbi

Welcome to the NOT SO United States. Each state has their own regulations on changing Birth Certificates. Plus they do change over time. Some also applies to change name on same.

I was born in Illinois, in 1977 they required a surgeon letter, have heard they are changing.
    My partner born in WASH DC, in 1977 they didn't change Birth Cert, now they will issue an amended one.
    Some states will issue a modified one.

You might google TS change birth certificate, Here is a link to at least one source and what needs to be done.

http://www.drbecky.com/birthcert.html

Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    So cool,good for you .