Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever just laugh at it all?

Lily, I agree with you about communities. I got banned from one because I said I was a Christian. They said all Christians are bigots as Christians want to make our lives living hell, and I will trigger other users. For a community that demands tolerance and acceptance, they sure weren't showing it toward me. I mean do they really expect us all to be so cookie cutter and all fall on the same side of the ideological and political and religious spectrum? I just think thats really short sighted. Crossdressers and trans people come from all walks of life. To expect us to all fit in the preconcieved notions and say there is a right/wrong way to think and believe if you are a crossdresser/trans seems to be hypocritical.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Aspiring Member
    I suspect it's about creating an ingroup whose power play is presumably about everyone who isn't in the group ("You never had/were ...something, you don't understand!") or is less-holy-than-thyself. It's myopic for sure, and mostly heads off towards hugboxing or intentional alienation. The worst part is that even though I'm Christian as well, I do get where they were coming from. I'll leave it at that.

Reality Check
    There are times to take yourself seriously and times to laugh at yourself. The trick is to know the right time for each.

Definitely has its moments!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've kind of chuckled at myself after getting all dolled up.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I do a lot of if they only knew. Then laugh. I laugh at myself sometimes. I laugh when I think of all the years that were wasted not doing this because I had no idea. I laugh at my lack of knowledge. Yes I laugh!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

A good laugh is good for one. I find a lot of hummer in some threads and get a laugh out of it sometimes. But in general it is good to laugh. I laughed at my self a few times as I'm fixing myself and make a mistake. It is great to be optimistic and have a good laugh sometimes.
    Part Time Girl

I agree with Krisi. My problem is I don't always make the right choice.

Karen

Banned Read only
    Laura: Never.

I just don't really laugh about anything concerning this aspect of my life. And especially not on this site. I'm already tense enough as it is, but when I come here the tension and anxiety spike through the roof.

That's why I keep my mirrors covered. When I used to catch a glimpse of myself dressed up as a girl, I used to stop dead in my tracks, and wonder, WTF am I doing? This is ridiculous, there's no way in the world I'm ever going to look like a pretty girl. If it's all 'just clothes', then why can't I just wear say, a polo shirt and jeans like my wife did so often? Then I would get depressed. This way, never seeing myself completely, but only from my eyes view, I never get the entire picture. It's better that way.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes, I laugh at myself when I think about, I am a man in a dress! Haha ha! I also chuckle when I think a more deeper question, why? I am who I am, I am not trying to be anything I am not. I wonder if people think we are?.....who cares, hahaha! I laugh at myself because i am comfortable being me. I do have a lot of insecurities, but the funny thing is when I am dressed up a lot of my insecurities go away.

I think you have to have a sense of humor about this whole thing. I also sometimes have this feeling of what am I doing? But then I think of the fact that it makes me feel great, that I do not hurt anyone by doing it and maybe that there is a reason why we are how we are. Why else would we feel so strongly about it!! I go with "Everything happens for a reason".

Yes I have to laugh at how awful I look (photos or in the mirror) sometimes. I also laugh to myself concerning "if they only knew what I do in my spare time".

I also like to make others laugh. Taking out one of my forms at a support meeting usually gets a chuckle.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder