Thread: Another fabulous day out and about!

Another fabulous day out and about!

Hi all,

I had an opportunity yesterday to have another "Beth day" so I made the most of it.

I started out with a makeup appointment. The woman I had booked it with had called in sick so they asked if it was OK for someone else to fill in. Well since I was fully dressed head to toe except for makeup I said sure, and so spent an enjoyable hour having my transformation completed. I was a little worried about my choice of outfit for the day (a short sweater dress, jacket, tights and short wedge boots with about a 3 inch heel), but was encouraged by the salon staff so I was now ready to take on my little corner of the world.

I next had an appointment at my favorite wig shop where I tried on at least a half dozen different styles and colors - now the hard part, deciding on one. I'll be posting pictures and asking for input soon. I expressed reservations again about my outfit choice, but the woman at the shop responded that my outfit wasn't too young, and besides all women want to look younger, so if I appeared to be doing the same then it is actually normal. Well, that was all the encouragement I needed to spur me on for a day of shopping

So I walked to a nearby plaza and stopped in at a Payless but didn't find anything interesting so I went into two other stores scouring the racks. I saw a really cute dress that I liked but couldn't find it in my size, so off I went to the mall to continue my shopping.

I strolled the mall end to end and came away empty handed but I didn't care because I was really enjoying myself.

Next I went to a Goodwill and found a dress I really liked. I gathered up my nerve and asked to use the fitting room - a first for me! I loved the dress but it was too small so again I left empty handed.

I had decided that for the day to be a success to me, I really needed to actually pick something out and make a face to face purchase. I have done this at Payless many times but always in drab, and nowhere else.

I returned to the store where I had spotted that dress earlier (Burlington Coat Factory BTW) and decided to look around again. I found another dress I liked, and freshly confident after my trip to Goodwill, I took it to the fitting room and tried it on. It was OK but not a must-have, so as I was returning it to the rack, I passed by another rack that had "my dress" on it. The rack was marked as a larger size range but I looked anyway. Well of course, I found one in my size! Back to the fitting room (yay - it fits!). A Calvin Klein fit and flare sweater dress tagged at $134 for $40! So I grabbed it, paid and out the door I went with a huge smile on my face.

My shopping was done for the day,so I headed back to the house, which I had to myself, and took a bunch of pictures in several outfits (I promise I will post some) before it all had to go away.

All of this was in broad daylight and I didn't see one negative reaction. It was a great day for me. Thanks for all the encouragement I have received from people on this site. I would never have had the nerve to do this before without you, and I have never felt more alive!

I can't wait to have another "Beth day!
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 10-11-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Shopping is such fun. Hope you have some "Beth" time soon! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    and now you are wondering, "What was I so worried about again?"

As a guy, I hate to shop. As Cheryl it is, probably, my favorite pastime. I am glad that you had fun and that you you found THE dress!

Beth, what a great story! I can't wait to see your wig and dress pictures. As a fellow New Englander, the season has definitely come for sweater dresses and tights!

What a great day. Can't wait to see the photos. Shopping is wonderful, wig shopping enfemme is the best. Congrats on a great day.

Tiff

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Sounds fantastic, Beth!

Enjoyed your post Beth. Glad you had such an enjoyable day.

Karen

this sounds like a fantastic day! good for you for getting out.

Silver Member
    Congratulations on having such a great day. I especially love that you found the courage to use a fitting room in-store. I hope you found that to be just as easy as walking through the mall.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Sounds awesome Beth!
    So glad everything went well!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Congratulations on having a great shopping day.

Awesome Beth!! Wish I was there.

Beth, sound like a wonderful day for you, thanks for making us part of it, hugs. girl
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]