Not looking to hijack or sidetrack the "Church" thread I decided to start a new thread.
I was recently clued into a very nice accepting church that is much closer to home than the church I have been attending. I attended last week in male mode to see if I would be comfortable with the people and to make sure that there were no regular attendees that may out me (I am still some what closeted although lately this is less of an issue for me). Well, I had a very nice time and met many nice people.
This week I went as Nikki, and again I felt welcomed and accepted. While getting coffee after the service I was approached by an older gent who I had met last week. He asked me if it was my first time there. I said no I was there last week and we had chatted then. He looked a little surprised that he didn't remember so I added that I was dressed a bit differently, mentioning the floral shirt I wore last week. Then it clicked in his mind and we both laughed about it. We ended up sitting at the same table with a few others including the sister who told me about the church and talked about politics and life in general.