Thread: Hallowwwwhat?

Silver Member

Hallowwwwhat?

So this is pretty funny. I am going as a pirate this Halloween, but to two vastly different parties. One as a boy pirate, one as a girl pirate. A friend of mine and his wife noticed that I pierced my ears. Asked me when thar happened. Uh about two three months ago. Funny thing is I have seen them several times, but they only noticed when we were over at their house. His wife was pretty excited and suggested that I should be a pirate at their sons ( my godsons) 2nd birthday party, on Halloween. Great!

So I am shopping for pirate stuff at a Halloween store, and the lady asks me what I am looking for. I tell her. Then she says, "Boy or Girl" I say yes, both. It got fun from there. Found a couple of things.

Then today at lunch, went to another thrift store. About the 4th. Found a brown paisley vest, womans, and low heel riding style boots with studs all over the, women's size ten. Score! Fit perfectly! So both of these are for the boy mode. (girl mode has 3" heel boots). Good thing I'm a crossdresser and know my size, because male pirate boots are impossible to find, and these are dude-ly enough. Imagine, buying girl clothes to dress as a male pirate.

Is that Irony?

Aye matey, don't forget the eye patch covers the left eye on a male pirate. You know like the one earring thing. Don't forget pictures.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Not sure what a "girl pirate" would look like. I always thought pirates were an all male society.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Have you not heard of Irish born pirate Anne Bonney.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Sounds good. Be sure to practice saying "argh, matey" with a feminine voice. Consuelo, female pirate chief, Belit in Conan series! Maybe none in real life?? Have lots of fun!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Also don't forget to say Arrrr, after every sentence.
    Part Time Girl

Go as cherry poptart!! I painted her on my guitar when I was young.
    Google her, she was a comic book character. NSFW

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Not sure what a "girl pirate" would look like. I always thought pirates were an all male society.
    Google "sexy pirate costume"

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "pirate booty."

Are we having fun yet? You go, girl! This experience is going to require a treasure chest of photos. Arrrrrgh! Hugs, Michelle

If memory serves, both Anne Bonny and her friend (and fellow pirate) Mary Read were cross dressers. They ran with Calico Jack until he was captured and hung.

The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've seen a zillion of female pirate outfits. But, I put my own together with bits and pieces and costume parts I had laying around.

IMG_3996 (506x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Hey Sherry, that's not far off. Considered that hat, but I have to convert from boy mode, and while pirates can certainly be crossdressers, I thought I have enough girliness in the costume. I promise to post my girl costume at least.

And thanks to all who added historical references. Of course my inspiration is Kate Winslet and John Depp. Plus those cute outfits they're selling especially the Spanish swashbuckler!

Can't remember what year it was but one of the first times I went to the mall on Halloween 'almost' fully dressed (I was wearing Vans tennis shoes) was as a pirate wench. I had no makeup but had just about everything else - bra, panties, garter belt, fishnet stockings over pantyhose. It must have been awful - some teenage girl spotted me and called me out and I just grinned and kept walking.

It was really fun in those days even if not in costume. The mall was packed with kids and adults and some of the women showed up in their nighties. I remember one lady in particular wearing a black babydoll with black panties over her fishnet stockings. It was not quite long enough to cover the rear and I wasn't complaining! I just wished I was the one wearing it instead of her. ;-)

Reality Check
    It has always puzzled me that people celebrate pirates. Pirates were nothing but thieves and murderers. I have to wonder, three hundred years from now will people be going to parties dressed as carjackers?

I went to a pirate themed party several years ago but as a male. My wife was the female. I knew these people too well to do the "Krisi as a pirate" thing without arousing suspicion.

Silver Member
    We wear costumes of wicked witches, vampires, werewolves, ghosts and all sorts of undead, criminals of all sorts too. Not just pirates. Plus remember that there were also privateers as well, loyal to the local government. Heck we celebrate the founding fathers as well as heros, because they won. Had they lost, they would be thought of a scoundrels, much like Jacobites! Not all knights and Crusaders were exactly as chivalrous as one might think either.

Just have fun with it and don't over think it.

P.S. I think pirates are often crossdressers anyway.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 10-19-2016 at 12:01 PM.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    It has always puzzled me that people celebrate pirates. Pirates were nothing but thieves and murderers.
    Some might argue that those whom they stole from were the actual thieves & murderers.

Anyway, yes, I always wanted to dress up as a female pirate on Halloween, but for some reason never did. Maybe someday!

Why do men dress as girl pirates?
    Because they Argh what they Argh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh helen that argh much too much arrgh

Banned Read only
    Megan,
    At our Halloween evening I decided not to go with the witches theme with heavy makeup because it meant driving thirty miles but since it was also Trafalgar Day I went with the Union Jack theme , the photos are in picture section . It's the first time I had been out in costume and certainly nothing as short as that but it was a lot of fun and would certainly do it again.