Thread: The world did not stop turning.

The world did not stop turning.

Have a wonderful wife who will join me in getting mani / pedis.
    Usually go and I'll watch her get a full set of acrylics where I'll usually just do clear or some color on the toes.

This time I let my wife know I wanted to get a full set. Had some concerns and asked if I really knew what was involved!
    Wont know until I tried, so off we went. Got the pedi's with a nice pink gel she helped chose. Then both of us off to the nail station.
    Asked what I wanted, active length sqouval. Trimmed the real nails back and applied false tips. Wondered if there was a tip large enough for my thumb, there was.
    Tips were really long and cut back to the right length, after which the acrylic was applied.
    The nail tech was wonderful and explained everything and made sure the length was really what I wanted, it was .

Now I've a full set American Manicure with a 1/4" clear edge.
    The nail technicians said I'd be hating them within a week.
    Nope loving every moment having this acrylics. I see a fill in my future.

So far not one comment on either my tips or toes.

need pictures! Sounds great. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I get Mani's often and have broken nails a few times. LOL but go in and they fix it for free. Last time he left my nails long. But haven't broken any of those yet. I have my fingernails pink acrylic and painted clear. They look really feminine.
    Part Time Girl

I have been wearing gel nails (similar to acrylics) for about 20 years and love them! It does take a little time to get used to having longer nails.
    Hugs, Carole

Sounds excellent! Good for you! Xx.

Can you sense my envy?

WOW!!!! Such an awesome story!!! I do go get mani-pedis with my wife but never any color (other than clear) and no acrylics... I have gotten mani pedis in girl mode with color and LOVED it but no acrylics yet... maybe some day I hope

You story sounds so awesome!!!!