Thread: Seen a fellow dresser today. London,Ontario

Seen a fellow dresser today. London,Ontario

I had been out and about all day, so on the way home, I went into London, as starbucks PSL was calling me. Also I wanted a good athletic sweater so I looked at UA and Nike. Been looking for some good deals at Lululemon(Canada thing), but nothing yet. So while in National Sports, I had been looking at womens tops, sports bras, and athletic sweaters there, seems like the staff was fallowing me around for some reason too. Weird why they did, till I moved beside him standing there, and he left.

So as I browsed around some more, I had seen an older lady and Daughter, but something was a bit too muscular. Then she, in her flowery dress, black flats and purse walked around more, acted like I do sometimes shopping with the wife. I wasn't sure till she said something to the younger woman with her.
    I thought of making a compliment, but in male drab, camo and all might have came across a bit weird.

What would any of you do, if anything like a compliment?

Pretty in Pink

Smiled and went on about my own business, since not sure where they are on their journey. Just my 2 cents. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Pretty sure i saw one at a Salvation Army store today. Rarely seen them!

Aspiring Member
    Think of what you'd like to hear (or not hear) if you were in their position and offer the same to them. As long as you're genuine, who cares?

probably nothing, I'm too afraid they will bite.

Reality Check
    So you saw a crossdresser in public today. Well, that just about kills the theory that "nobody notices". You noticed and you are somebody.

What should you have said? Well, if it was a crossdresser, speaking to her would mean she didn't pass and that's probably a disappointment. If it was not a crossdresser but a masculine looking woman, that would have been a great insult to her and an embarrassment to you.

Best plan is to treat everyone the same. Speak if there's a reason to, don't speak if there is not.

Race1999-
    "the staff was fallowing me around for some reason too"
    "but in male drab, camo and all"
    I'm guessing the camo wasn't working as well in the mall as you planned, and they spotted you.

LOL! ya I had never thought of that, might have been why the ducks seen me earlier too
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-20-2016 at 04:01 PM. Reason: no need to post quote from post above yours

Pretty in Pink

To Paula's point - so here was an obvious crossdresser browsing amongst the merchandise in this National Sports store, and here you were in drab (albeit in non-functioning camo - LOL!) skulking around checking out the women's tops, sports bras, and athletic sweaters.

Likely the staff thought that the Zombie Apocalypse was upon them and that all the weirdos were out that day congregating in their store due to some sort of cosmic confluence. No wonder they shadowed you to see WTF was going on here.

In principle, stores are far more concerned with shoplifting than the ethnic, racial, sexual, gender etc. make up of their clientele as everyone's money is as good as the next person's. It's when you act creepy, suspicious, and as if you are up to something - such as planning to steal their merchandise - that their antennas go up and the staff discretely (and sometimes not so discretely) starts to shadow you as the security cams alone won't do the job in those instances.

Aspiring Member
    I would have said nothing unless I had to interact with her for some reason. I say "her" because that's how she was presenting. If I had to interact with her, say she dropped something without noticing, I would simply have said "ma'am, I believed you dropped this" and handed it to her. I would have treated her exactly as she presented. I think, for any crossdresser who is out in the wild, that is about the greatest compliment you can pay her: treat her no different than you would any other lady and go about your business without giving any hint that you read her.

if you had taken the time to say "Lookin' good!" you'd probably make her day. sometimes i complement total strangers for any reason that comes into my head. amazing how people light up when you're "bold" enough to say something nice.
    "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"

What would I have said? Nuttin' honey. If eye contact was made, I would have smiled.
    Last edited by Ressie; 10-21-2016 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Leslie Langford- Everybody knows the zombie apocalypse has been foiled. Morticians are now trying all corpses shoelaces together. It won't stop an uprising, but it will be funny.

You mean there's a fighting chance that we could outrun them now???

I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy...

You don't say anything. You wouldn't say anything to any other person in that store. Think, especially crossdressers here who are barely out of the closet how you would feel. Strange guy...in a store...acts like they "know" you or about you. Keep it to yourself
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Probably just smile and move on, I'd feel odd if someone out of the blue complimented me while out dressed during the daytime unless you introduced yourself as a crossdresser (or if it was a GG)

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    If I was there I'd say nothing, I've seen crossdressers come into the store where I used to work, some co-workers were very unprofessional and made a very obvious point of wanting to serve them, but other shoppers barely gave them a second look. As for being the cross dresser I'd probably be uncomfortable that someone had 'made' me and then wanted to talk to me.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Maybe just a smile? My first time out to the mall as Debby (with Melissa Rose) we are eating in a crowded food court and I am obviously nervous but no one is staring or pointing, so I start to relax and eat my lunch. I turn to see this young man approaching the table and he nervously starts gushing about how great it is to see "us" out and how attractive we look, and what a great thing this is, etc. etc. Now I would have smiled, invited him to join us, and had a conversation with him. Then. . . I wanted to run for my life! I thought he was waving a flag outing us and that all the tables around us were now staring! Probably my imagination but the point is that you are probably better off just smiling, maybe saying "hi," and moving on unless the other person wants you to talk. And then there is always the possibility that you are wrong and then . . .
    Debby

Exactly, Debglam. If you see other CDs out there just leave them be.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Had to read this thread in case it was me you saw!
    The obvious question is, why would you do anything?
    The not so obvious answer is, you want to convey solidarity. Like a biker or Jeeper waving as they pass.
    If you're looking for an interaction you could try something passive like holding a blouse up to yourself as if you were checking for fit. This might make the other person feel comfortable enough to approach you.

P.S. If you see a dude with a beard in a skirt, say hi to me!

We see another girls because we are all ways looking at other women when we are out, we see what there are wearing or just checking out,
    it just sometimes you will see one us girls out shopping.
    ( like a policeman all ways looking out for trouble.)

Carolyn