Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving dressed

Driving dressed

I've seen several of y'all mention that you drive dressed at times. I'll admit that I am a truck driver and do drive dressed when possible on the road. Have even done it during the day with wig and all and as a matter of fact as soon as I'm done with this delivery I'm on now I'll be getting dressed to finish driving for several more hours this evening! I would happily post a pic but I don't see that as an option on the mobile site on my phone.

Sandra - New Dresser
    I haven't tried it yet - maybe still just a hair shy. Though I need a cut and am thinking of trying an outing to West Hollywood to find a friendly place...

I'm really looking forward to trying to drive with heels on (I'll bring flats just in case!!!)...

One of my favorite (and safest) way of going out.
    [I just posted this fact on another thread, sorry]. I have an Infinity G37 convertible, and absolutely delight in putting down the top and tooling around the area.

I usually wear my nice silk headscarf with the wig, or sometimes just the scarf (very long scarf, oriental print; my favorite one). I wear my biggest ear hoops for the best visual effect. Lipstick. And then whatever. A nice sunny day in the convertible, driving up to the mountains or around the city is great.

I'm home for a week alone. Dressing to the max will be on the agenda, as will be a long drive with the top down. I have a new green cocktail dress that's hot, and will be the subject of my attention, but I am really thinking about acquiring my first mini skirt for the drive.
    Last edited by IleneD; 10-21-2016 at 01:59 AM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I saw this mentioned in another thread earlier after I put this up.
    Wow would I love to cruise around in a convertible!
    And good luck driving in heels! I've tried but no go here Lol! I have to take em off. Working the gas pedal can be tricky but I'd like to know how it goes for you when you do decide to do it

Arriel, for what it's worth, while driving in either mode, I recently realized I very rarely see or notice who is driving a truck. I just don't look.
    Now on topic, I'm 54 and have been driving in heels since I was 16. So it's second nature here.

Cheers

I can pretty much guarantee I have never passed a truck and tried to look up and into the cab to see what the driver was wearing. That might be tough to do anyway.

I used to drive the 48 states with a tractor trailer with a reefer system. Never did it while dressed. But I saw other truckers that were dressed. But I have driven several thousand miles wile dressed in our pickups and no issues with any stops as I probably pass at fifty feet or more. LOL So I am pretty used to driving when dressed.
    Part Time Girl

It said that driving en femme is one of first step of going out. But what about way from your place to car and back? Driving a truck can be great since from car its hard to see in cab at all Movable private place in public Good luck on your trips
    Driving en femme must be good way ti start build confidence. I never officialy come out but I did few "half mode" rides. Onetime even wearing wig Also tried to drive in heels (I am curious girl ), 3in was kind of okay, not that hard just something new. Later tried my 6in boots and I dont recomend using those at all
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Have you gone into the truck stop while dressed, and if so what was the reaction?

Started doing that some years ago in my car at night. Nowadays rarely do it unless I'm going to the club. It was good for it's day though. Helped me take the edge off of the feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I drive a 2 seater convertible, something I have never done is drive it en femme with the top down. Maybe I will when the weather gets better, though I would worry about my wig.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Reality Check
    Well I have driven dressed because that's my way of getting somewhere. I'm not going to walk twenty miles.

Someone mentioned getting from the house to the car. That's the difficult part if you're not out to the world. I underdress and then drive to a shopping center parking lot and finish dressing there. Not at the very back where I would look suspicious but near the other cars.

Driving in heels? When I bought my first pair of heels I drove to a parking lot, put them on and tried driving in them. No problem so I drove home wearing them. Of course I'm talking about normal 3" pumps, not something a hooker would wear.

People seem to worry a lot about other motorists or pedestrians seeing them driving while dressed as a woman. If you can't pass while driving, you're not going to pass under any circumstances. Not much of you is visible, there are windows between you and other motorists and most should be looking where they are going, not scouting for crossdressers. Besides, they don't know you so who cares?

since i work at home - usually dressed - i end up going stir-crazy and need to get out. a get such a rush backing out of the driveway and heading out of my neighborhood. i'm not fearful of driving at all - most people don't pay attention to anything that isn't immediately in front of their face. i just need to get past the neighbors.

the next beginner's step is to drive to a "safe" place, where folks don't judge - could be a friendly wig shop, club, coffee shop, tg-shop - go in and spread yr wings a little. i've ended up becoming good friends with my wig shop owner - she lights up when i come in and always makes me feel good - probably because i drop so much cash there...00_0353.jpg
    "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"

I have no problem with walking from house to car when I'm home and want to just cruise around town or go to New Orleans. When I'm on the road I have never tried to go into a store dressed. I'm still quite paranoid in this very masculine job to try that. But I have walked around my truck at night just to get out of the truck. I have met another trucker cd in a truck stop and walked across the parking lot to meet her but again that was later at night.
    For those of you that can drive in heels more power to you lol, apparently it's a talent I have yet to master.
    For those who haven't gone for a drive yet it's a great way to feel a little more comfortable with yourself I think. If you really don't want to get out of the car while out plan ahead and fill up with gas first, take a drink from the house, and use the bathroom before you leave! Lol
    And like others have said, no one will be able to stare you down long enough to guess you're a cd and they probably don't know you or would recognize you any way, especially at night. Good luck Girls!

Reality Check
    I should add that if you're not out to the world, you don't want to be driving dressed in a unique car that people recognize. A red Corvette, for example. Something more generic would be better.

Yay! I finally have access to my profile and put a pic of me behind the wheel of my big truck as my avatar.

Aspiring Member
    This was literally my only foray out dressed. My car at that time was generic enough. It wasn't the best first step. Didn't drive in heels though; those I owned wouldn't work with my attire.

I would argue that regardless of whether you drive a red Corvette or silver Corolla, once you're out to the world, you run the risk of being recognised.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 10-21-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I have been out driving dressed a couple of time. Both time in heels, no big deal. Last time was in my wife's car, it blends better than my truck. I was careful around stop light cameras.
    Sara
    Last edited by sara66; 10-21-2016 at 12:38 PM.

I drove a white jeep liberty when i went drive in a dress, so my vehicle did not stand out, and I lover it when i was caught a red light

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm way passed the driving dressed thrill stage. But, when I go out before dark, I remove my wig and wear my normal baseball cap and sunglasses until I'm out of our private street. Neighbors often see me pull out of my driveway.

Arriel, I find that driving in heels requires moving my seat back. And, the girdles make my posture more uprite so I have to adjust the mirror.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thank you for the advice doc. I'll try to shuffle the seat around for a better position

I often drive dressed from the waist down. Pantyhose or tights, miniskirt, and pumps. I love it.

Only a few times, and not at all lately since I'm down to one vehicle that is well known about town. I have been a passenger many times though

I found driving in heels relatively straightforward.

As for generally driving dressed; at night it's all but impossible to see who's behind the wheel even if stopped at a junction/lights. Even during the day, the reflection off the screen makes seeing who's driving not that straightforward. And if truth be told, if you're driving in drab, how often do you really, I mean really, look at who's in the driving seat of a car coming in the opposite direction. Anyway, if you get read, they're doing X miles an hour going the other way. What do you think they're going to do. Hand break turn and chase after you? Even in lanes of slow moving traffic, folks don't tend to look at who's in the car next to them.

Yep, if you live in a small town and drive the only bright yellow car folks will know it's you. So go somewhere else. This isn't rocket science. Don't over think it.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I love to go out driving while dressed. I actually want passer-byers to look my way and check me out. Usually nobody looks. As others have said, nobody really checks out who is behind the wheel of a car traveling towards or besides them. When I first started going out dressed in public my first forays were to stop at gas stations and fill the car with gas. I was so paranoid. Now I don't even think twice about it. And now I go inside the station to use the restroom and buy snacks. But just pumping gas is a good way to gain confidence while first going out dressed.

And I would add, I started driving right away in 4" pumps. I didn't have any problems with the heels and the gas pedal and brake. I guess it presents challenges for some but I would say it isn't that hard. 10 minutes of an adjustment period and you should be fine.