Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving dressed

I have driven twice when dressed. Had to take off my heels and drive in stockings. I did enjoy trying to work out where the seat belt goes, over under or inbetween
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    I have driven twice when dressed. Had to take off my heels and drive in stockings. I did enjoy trying to work out where the seat belt goes, over under or inbetween
    I had to opportunity to drive while dressed the other night for the first time, and personally I found it to be very comfortable to drive in heels. Loved seeing myself have the seat belt effect as well.

Lara

Silver Member
    Almost daily, I drive pretty, even if only from the waist up. I change into the outer garments and wig in my mobile closet as I'm already underdressed, apply some makeup and off I go. Its fun!

This is a thread I can actually contribute to...

And as is so typical of my luck the advise/opinion I have to offer wont be welcome news to some people. Not how a newbie with no pics up [yet...] wants to start out in a new community...

Im not a driving instructor or anything like that (if anyone cares - senior IT money making job). But Iv raced alot. A LOT. Big events on TV. Not local 2 bit "run what you brung" with an audience of 50.

I see no issue with "dressing". If that makes you feel even more "in role" I approve and wish you the best. But please please please dont wear heels.

I know none of you are racing. Just RP or R-RP. But Iv tried it. It's a terrible idea. And I can walk in my heels. And when I say I tried it - I did it in my (very barely...) road legal race car.

I almost killed myself and everyone around me. It was fine for a while. But I got cocky and the "Ohhh... noone knows what Iv got on under here" feeling and FORGOT what I was doing. And 800BHP of turbocharged hell broke away from me and I couldnt engage the clutch for ... 3... 4 seconds.

A previous poster showed her 350Z. It's powerful enough to demand a little respect. Please everyone be careful! I dont want to be a nanny... Iv so far only enjoyed reading all your stories. I do find this worrying tho...

And I know your not racing. I'll kepe saying that to myself.

If Iv overstepped any mark please let me know in a constructive way...

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I did hear once that driving in the UK in heels is illegal, not sure if that's true (can any UK member shed any light on this?)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    I did hear once that driving in the UK in heels is illegal, not sure if that's true (can any UK member shed any light on this?)
    TBH I dont know. I suspect that there is no rule against it under equality laws.

And I am a little upset with my post. I have gained alot of inspiration from all of you. And you post alot DIANEF... Iv read mostly really good stuff in the forum flip flopping Iv done so far...

"Mr Bishi" as my daughter loves to call him will never again drive on a UK road. So the point is moot in some ways. Im a 5' 10" 15 stone "bloke". But I didnt have the strength to push that clutch down with my feet at sixes and sevens and a heel attempting to make some sort of ridge pattern in the floor fire carpet.

It's a race car and noone else will have to deal with a 3-plate clutch. Thats a race clutch. A "strong man" feels it... you get where Im going.

Iv made a bit of an arse of myself. But I am worried that what if the girl "isnt as strong". Maybe a regular auto clutch will have the same problem....

Very few people on this site will know how a full on "built to destroy you" J-SPEC operates when you rip that clutch out. And why should anyone... this is a dress up and many other things too... site. You cant buy these cars. You build them.

Ah.. Im going away to hide in a quiet corner.

I have driven with six inch heels. It s fun getting out of big truck and swinging your legs out and sliding down. Yeah my truck is that high. But I have never had any problems. My SO's truck is smaller and that one is the chick mobile.
    Part Time Girl

I've driven wearing high heel wedges and flats mostly. I like driving in the summertime with the windows open and feeling the breeze in my legs while wearing a skirt!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Driving in 5in heels is no problem for me I've been doing it for some time. I dress almost daily and run my errands so driving dressed is so common with me I don't even think about anymore.

I also drive in 4 or 4 1/2 inch heels without a problem, but I also drive very carefully when I'm wearing female clothes and shoes. If nothing else, I don't want to get stopped by the police. And having even a small accident fully or partially dressed would be also quite awful.

Banned Read only
    Many years ago I started venturing out in the evening fully dressed to include makeup. It was always around a residual neighborhood. Soon I became a little more adventurous and parked the car and went for a stroll. It was always in the early evening darkness. When the opportunity arises I still go for a drive fully attired. I create brief errands to run such as getting a newspaper from those free newspaper boxes, return library books, mail letters, get a can of soda from self service machines. I love the cool night air/breeze caressing my legs. I do the following

(1) Carry a change of male clothes in case of a breakdown/flat tire
    (2) Stay off the freeways
    (3) Never consume any alcohol before driving
    (4) Check all the lights on the vehicle to avoid traffic stops
    (5) Make sure the gas tank is full

As to foot wear. Heels are nice but I am more comfortable with a low heel or no defined heel. Years ago and not for reasons of wearing a high heel I removed the driver's side floor mats. It makes pivoting on a heel easier if the mat does not move.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    If you're not driving your monster-truck while wearing 10-inch heels, you're not a real CD'er!!!

I used to drive dressed everyday for a couple of hours. I would mostly drive around the suburbs and stop at a secluded park. I never noticed anyone even giving me a second glance. And that was with a wig and scraggly beard. Most people are completely zoned out while driving.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Am I the only one here who had gone through a police license check dressed? I was 3 hours from home. My heart was racing. Officer told me to drive safely and have a great evening. Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

I drive as Missy every chance I get. many 8 -10 hour drives in the past. Like Vanessa, I quite enjoy the attention when truckers roll up and honk. if I Ignore it, many times they will stay in step and continue to gaze. I remember driving dressed from the waste down all the time when I was 17 and just got my license. that was my first step to journeying out as an adult. This was somewhat ironic, because I would regularly go out dressed when I was 11 - 13 as the hormones hasn't kicked in yet

A couple of you mentioned that you might want to have a change of male clothes with you in case you broke down while driving dressed ? On the contrary , wear a short skirt and heals , and if you get a flat get out of your car and show a bit of leg . It's a sure way to get a guy to help you change your tire . All kidding aside , I actually had a guy help me change a tire once and I am not completely passable ! Most people are more accepting and nicer then you think !

I don't wear heels so I can't relate to that experience however I've had an observation about cars that I didn't have until I started carrying a purse. I have people in all of the seats, I have no place for it. I like having access to my purse rather than having it on the floor behind my seat.

I must share last friday experience I had. Warning, lenghty post coming
    Since winter is coming I need to go to my cottage at countryside, you know prepare for winter. I planed do whole trip as Ashley or most of it. I went out for my car wearing female jeans and jacket and plain sneakers. I did some neutral makeup . wig and rest of girly stuff went to bag. During way to place it start getting dark so I find secluded place and change fully. Full makeup included. I was nervous, but in back of head i know in moving car i cant be recognized. Then dark completly fall and then it was great seeing everybody and nobody can see you. So Ashley take care of stuff at cottage and trip back was kind of same. But end of trip was something! My car is parked at parking lot with security, that means drive in, then check out with guy in booth. I dont feel like doing that as Ashley. I drove in, take of wig and breasts, then totaly confident went to booth for my card for parking. There were guy that usualy put said card behind booth window and dont care much about, but that night he actualy stod up and hand my card to my personaly. I was little bit surprised but who cares right? Also i noticed he was kind of surpised too but idk why. So I went home to my place which si 5 min walk in city. Then when finaly home I noticed myself in mirror and guess what? I completly forgot my makeup! That evenining i try create smokey eyes with little purple tint (still bad )so that was why guy in booth was surprised and even bother to hand card personaly. But hey, what is done is done. I celebrated achivement with drink later.
    Did you girls are afraid of cops stop you for routine check? How do you proceed on such event?
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Driving and out doing. I agree, driving while dressed was a milestone. The next one is to just go out and fuel up the car while pretty.

drivingP.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I clock up many miles dressed.

The only time I get a look is when I pull up at a truck stop and fill up with diesel.

I must be eye candy for the truckies. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    Am I the only one here who had gone through a police license check dressed? I was 3 hours from home. My heart was racing. Officer told me to drive safely and have a great evening. Em
    [QUOTE=Emily Ann Brown;4021616]Am I the only one here who had gone through a police license check dressed? I was 3 hours from home. My heart w

I've had three encounters with deputies while in some form of pretty. The first was in a parking lot in front of a vacant bldg, door open, pretty from the waist up, and I was removing some makeup. He pulled his cruiser behind me, came to my door and asked me, puzzle faced, what I was doing there. I said, 'removing my makeup.' He looked me over and left.

Second time .. I was wearing just lipstick, drove behind a business park, into a parking space to remove my lipstick. He pulled behind me, asked why the lipstick. I told him I was a CDer. Next, license and registration requested. He went back to his car, got on the radio, and within a couple of minutes another deputy (Sgt) arrived, and asked if I had ever been in Portland. I said yes, several times. He then asked if they could search my car. Yes, sure. Much of my girly stash was in the car, and it was a mess after the search. The searching deputy said that it appeared I was a CD as I stated, and I was allowed to go. I'd guessed that a similar type person had done something bad in Portland, and they were just doing their job.

Third and fourth times .. Prelude: I was in an argument with the DMV over my registration, now expired. I was not pretty in any way. A deputy stopped and ticketed me. TWO days later while pretty waist up, stopped again, same reason. I showed him my ticket after giving him my license and registration. Back to his cruiser and on the radio. Not ticketed this time. Told to get it registered. He was smiling, nicely. I asked if any of 'this' (dressed) would appear in his records and he said no. I thanked him for being understanding and polite, and smiling, he said 'you're welcome.' Nice guy!

So, its my experience, at least in California, that the law enforcement folks will be OK with you being dressed. All of the above is true.

One thing about driving around in a mini, you can't back down once you're in the car. If a taller truck pulls next to you, there's no pulling down your skirt to cover your knees.. ha ha.

Hey Arriel,

That is for me the only way I go out yet. (still in the closet) I do it at night and have to go from my apartment to the garage in the basement and then to my car at the back. I mostly wear male clothes than and change in my car, but sometimes I walk back fully dressed and hope that no one wil go out at night to the garage.

Driving in heels is easy for my mostly I wear 3.5 to 5.5 inch heels and have till now no problems. Also no strange looks only I get thrilled to get out of my neighborhood that no one will recognize me.

Greetings,

Sofie

Im going upstairs right now to get dressed, then dropping off the wife at her friends house their going out tonight. I will be staying home. Have driven many miles dressed

Yes, as often as possible. Usually just underdressed, forms, etc. No makeup. Feels nice without too much preparation. Also makes my driving calmer for some reason :-).