Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more sexual thrill

No more sexual thrill

I have always heard that as crossdressers grow older or more comfortable with their dressing that the sexual thrill some of get goes away. I have noticed that it is not as sexually thrilling anymore to dress but it still feels good. Is this normal. Im starting to think more that when i finally live alone that i want to live as a female more often as well. So also, is it common for fetish dressers to end up this way. Im not even really into the fishnets and sexy lingere, but more everyday wear like jeans, cute blouse, or yoga pants and a cute shirt
    Like I want to just look like a convincing female and go about my day.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    HELLO CLEVELAND!! (sorry, couldn't resist!!) Hi Samantha, I think what you have posted rings true with many. In my early days of dressing it was a real sexual thrill, just putting on some lacy underwear would get me 'going'. As my look developed it became more and more about how good I could make myself. Of course there is still so much pleasure to be had when dressing, but its more a case of being comfortable with who you are. As an example I'm fully dressed right now, thoughts of any kind of sexual activity havn't entered my head. Years ago I would be in the bedroom doing, well, use your imagination. You don't say how old you are, I am just into my 50s, like you not a huge lingerie fan (I do have some) but concentrate on looking like any other GG you would see walking about.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

It does seem to be normal. I'm not so normal as I still get a sexual thrill (not as often) out of dressing at age 63. How about those Indians?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I'm 61. I still get a sexual thrill with dressing. Dressing also brings great contentment -- it feels right. There is a tension between the sexual aspect and the contentment. 🌺

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Relax. You're normal. Well, normal for a crossdresser
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Totally normal and nothing to worry about.

Good lord, you are completely normal. Back when I was a teen and dressing-up every chance I could whenever finally alone, it's amazing that I didn't die of a heart attack! I was so excited by my newfound persona and the surge on young hormones running rampant. But as many have already said, this settles down a bit as time goes on. These days, just being as feminine as I know to be is in itself incredibly satisfying - but, you know, not in that way. : )
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm 73 and it still turns me on!

However, u can't keep doing the same thing over and over sexually and find it equally stimulating.

1. I don't dress every day like many older girls do. And, I put much more time and effort into my looks than is possible if u dress often. I often begin prepping for a session weeks in advance. Thinking about that can be quite stimulating!

2. I don't dress the same way each time. I change my face, figure, and dress style nearly every time I dress. You'd be surprised how exciting seeing a pretty, new woman in your mirror is!

3. I don't want to see me when I dress. There's nothing about me that's interesting or stimulating. Nothing masculine turns me on. Sherry is like seeing/becoming a different person. Most T's r interested in seeing their fem selves in the mirror and becoming more comfortable with "her".
    I don't seem to have one.

As others have said, u sound like a perfectly normal T to me, Sam. I'm the oddball!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 10-22-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

One of my trademark non-scientific findings about early crossdressing is this: it seems to me that early on, in order to get over the bar to dressing you need the boost that sexual stimulation gives a guy. Guys do pretty crazy stuff when in the grip of the sexual urge and it's easily enough to get past a suppressed desire to put on women's clothing. Usually guys who do that find that the almost rip the clothes off once their desire is satisfied because the madness is gone. My thought is that they're confounding cause and effect -- dressing doesn't get them excited, ramping excitement allows them to dress. Again, no science content here, just personal observation of my own early self and the people I've talked to over time.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Sounds good to me Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Normal, Lana Mae said,dressed in panties,women's jeans and top and women's sneakers. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member
    Well this old person is now 69. I do not go out dressed, but do under dress every day.
    I enjoy the feeling of wearing a dress or skirt, but I do not feel a sexual desire for it.
    I just like the feeling of looking pretty once in a while.
    Rader

Aspiring Member
    Yes, this is normal. The "thrill" you feel is not from any hormones. It's the sensations from the neurotransmitter, dopamine. Dopamine is released from your brain, follows several pathways, some associated with muscle control, and some associated with sexual gratification, and some associated with the anticipation of gratification. When you have an orgasm your dopamine levels drop and your prolactin levels go up, causing the pulling-away sensation following sex. The way your brain works, doing the same thing, over and over and over, causes fatigue of dopamine produces and you don't get the same sensations.

Crossdressing seems to be associated with several "feel-good" neurotransmitters, including; dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and others. Oxytocin reduces stress and increases affection. It could well be that older crossdressers experience a drop in their dopamine production while maintaining elevated levels of oxytocin.

I still get a sexual thrill from dressing, though it is not as intense as it was in my teenage years and in my twenties.
    I have read several articles about declining sexual desire and how it might be boosted by taking testosterone. Some doctors are administering testosterone to both men and women. though in different dosages. It is said to have a positive effect on sexual desire, so although other chemicals are involved, these docs are focussing on hormones. Has a member taken testosterone to boost sexual desire and if so would they be willing to tell us about it?

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    However, u can't keep doing the same thing over and over sexually and find it equally stimulating.:
    Well, you can, just not with the same partner, and I suppose that applies to fantasies applied during 'individual' sex episodes as well. The well known coolidge effect: http://www.reuniting.info/science/coolidge_effect
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just A Girl Next Door
    Your story is very similar to my story. At first it was definitely sexual, though at age 14 (when I really started dressing) everything is sexual! By my 40s it was just comfortable...relaxing...right. That's when I started realizing it was never about the clothes; it was always about who I am. Even though there are plenty of cds out there who don't want to transition, there are quite a few of us who find out along the way that we do.

Banned Read only
    Samantha,
    I know I've said this before but at your age I had young children, a new business to run and a mortgage to pay, there wasn't much time for dressing but when it did happen it was brief and sexual. My dressing started like that at 8-9 years and the sexual component has never gone away. Now in my mid sixties I feel it's gone full circle, the intimate contact with my wife faded ten years ago ( her choice , not mine, ) so my dressing has substituted her, she does know this. At times I do feel hurt by it but I have no guilt and shame , why should I ? I'm still a fully functioning male !
    Like you I do want to go out dressed and be accepted, I was told only yesterday by a GG that I do make a very convincing woman, I took that as a great compliment because she works in a bridal shop so she sees some very attractive women.

The saying is , " Never say never to anything, it's usually maybes !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-23-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    That's kinda how it is. It's just life. we get turned on by certain things, we just live the rest of the time. It's a long time since being dressed was specific turn on. It's just parts of life. If I happen to get turned on whilst dressed then that's just part of the fun. But it's not a reason for dressing.
    Last edited by Jane G; 10-23-2016 at 04:33 AM.

It's different for everyone I guess, but for me, I still get turned on when I get dressed. But the thing that turned me on from the beginning when I was young still drives me crazy and that's pantyhose. Whether under my pants or my dress, the feel, sound, and look are the core of my sexuality. My breast forms, heels, clothes, etc just add to it all now. At 48 I don't have the ****ty attitude I once had, but still experience the reward, with or without my wife, before I undress. Find that one thing that fuels your fire and when you want it, focus on it, and let'r rip
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

I'm 59 heading towards 60 and at times I still get turned on when I get dressed. It depends on the circumstance and what I am wearing. Nothing like when I started when I was around 12 or 13. The dressing then was only for one reason. The dressing now is to enjoy wearing the clothes and the lingerie. It is to satisfy a need. It is relaxing and very enjoyable.

my intimate feelings

I'm 48 and all my time dressing is a feeling of relaxing as Emma. It feels right as I change into feminine. Bringing out my inner girl and transforming myself into a submissive mind set. OK at times I feel that feminine I feel sexy and really turned on as a female as it goes beyond the feel of clothing and more a feeling of being a real woman. At times I fantasise about being desired by a man and this feeling I can't help in girl mode as it becomes natural.

Aspiring Member
    As I have aged, I like beautiful clothing and shoes. It use to be all about the lingerie, all lace and satin. It is still fun, but now I just like to dress to blend & look good.
    Sara

For me it depends on the situation. Some days I'm just happy to be wearing anything fem and some days I'm completely aroused multiple times through out the day. Like today, fully dressed from head to toe and I just feel great. Tomorrow I could be aroused by how my legs look in 3" shorts in the sun and not be the "master of my own domain".

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Sounds like you have the crossdresser blues...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oica5jG7FpU

Hi
    to me i dress it gives me inner peace .i feel happy and whole i know im a man but when i dress i give in to myself oh and its fun to see myself in the mirror as i dress see the male leave and the female appear