Thread: The Joy Of In The Closet

The Joy Of In The Closet

We recently moved and when we were house hunting I raised the idea of having a designated closet where I could put my female clothes. A closet she would know that they're in but wouldn't have to go into for any reason if she didn't want to. We've got an out of sight out of mind, don't ask don't tell agreement. She was amicable with the idea.

Some of the houses we looked at had feasible closet setups, some didn't. One house had two separate walk in closets in the master bedroom. How amazing would that have been? Unfortunately, the house that won out for both of us didn't have ideal closet space for implementing my plan. Or so I thought.

Since we moved in I've had everything shoved into three dresser drawers and its really made me kind of sad and feeling confined. I didn't anticipate how much it would effect me. Two days ago I was hanging some of my guy shirts up on my side of the walk in closet and realized that the shirts hanging in the very corner weren't visible.

I agonized for a few minutes. Thought, "Well hell, I might as well put some stuff in see how it looks." I started pulling stuff out of the drawers and hanging them up. Dresses, blouses, a pair of jeans, several skirts. The tops of the hangers were visible but in shadow. Nothing looked any different than the rest of my stuff. I agonized a bit more, "What if she does see them? What if she bottles it up and doesn't broach the subject with me? What if she wonders why all the extra hangers have been used up? It's ok, we talked about me having out of sight closet space, we'll know whether or not it really is if she brings it up or not. If she does notice, I can apologize and it can all go back into the drawers." I left the closet and went and neatly folded everything that was staying in the drawers.

It's been two days, she hasn't mentioned it and she hasn't had a mood shift like she normally does when she's bottling something up.

It feels amazing having the clothes hanging in the closet and the drawers neatly organized. In a few weeks, if she hasn't noticed, I plan on bringing it up and letting her know where stuff is.

I have dresses and top hanging in the closet, and a seperate dresser for my girl clothes, love it. hugs .
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If she isn't all that into you dressing or in a DADT situation I wouldn't bring it up.
    I don't see why CDers always want to push things on their SO's

My wife was very generous and gave me half of her dresser. It has 4 doors with 2 doors for one section and 2 doors for the other section. The half she gave me also had 2 built in drewers on the bottom for bras and panties, when I asked her why she would give up that much space, she told me she was tired of seeing my stuff everywhere and like this I can keep everything in on place and neat.
    I sometimes open the door and lay on the bed and admire all the slips, dresses and skirts hanging, and can't believe I actually own all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    If she isn't all that into you dressing or in a DADT situation I wouldn't bring it up.
    I don't see why CDers always want to push things on their SO's
    Very valid point and I'm in 100% agreement on the not pushing. With our DADT we have a caveat that if things change we speak up about it. I think for us, she would rather know where things are so that she can avoid them if she wishes rather than stumble across them someday and have it ruin her mood. The only reason I'm waiting to tell her is that if after a few weeks she hasn't seen them, it will be easier for her to shrug it off. Whereas, if I told her right away, she would focus on them immediately and she would worry that they were too visible.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    OK you know her better than any else does and how your situation is.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Wait.... you are supposed to hang up male clothes ???
    I thought they just went on the back of a chair or on the floor LOL
    Hope your wife will be ok with your closet situation, sounds reasonable to me
    if you can't really see it hidden in the back.
    Last edited by Samantha2015; 10-22-2016 at 02:19 PM.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Aspiring Member
    I just recently got a closet for all my stuff. Ever since our oldest moved out we've had a spare bedroom that we use as a guest bedroom. The closet has been pretty much unused so my wife actually suggested I used it for my female clothes. I've got dresses and skirts hanging and all my panties, hosiery, workout clothes, etc are in a rubber-maid drawer unit on one of the shelves. Also gives me a good place to hang my sports bras which aren't supposed to go in the dryer.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I use armours.

Not for hanging things anymore, tho. Many of my; underwear, shaping, bathing, and accessory things get stuffed into plastic bags. U can't imagine how many bags u can stuff into one small armour!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I use an Armoire as two of our lang closets were filled with hers and my male clothes. But I been thinking of taking some of my male clothes out and putting some in there as things are getting full.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member
    Our house has plenty of closet space. A Large his and hers closet in the master BR.
    Two medium closets in the spare BR, and a single medium in the 3 rd BR that we use
    as an office space for the computer/ sewing room/ drafting room.
    I built a large addition a few years back, 3 more closets where added.
    NOW the irony of all this is; My wife filled up every one with her stuff.
    I was able to use part of my closet for my guy and girl clothes; the remaining
    space was hers.
    Yes, I still loved her in spite of all the closet space she used.
    Now that she passed away, I do have one closet that I use for my clothes.
    When some comes over, I just say I never finished with giving away her clothes.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    I know exactly how you feel, my wife knows my things are in my disused darkroom , but it's all in bags and boxes. When I've chosen the outfit I'm going out socially I wash and iron them and hang them in a wardrobe in my daughter's old bedroom, ( she's married now and moved out ). The wardrobe has a few things of my wife, a few items left by my daughter and the rest are my things hidden among them. Like you I've been getting braver and have hung all my jackets and coats up so they don't get creased and then the outfit I've chosen to go out in. Again like you I know when she's taken a look in there because there's a definite mood change, she's never asked me to remove anything and she does get over it so I find it best not to take anything out or mention it.

I agree it is a nice feeling knowing clothes you care about are hanging nicely and ready to wear.

I have a small downtown apartment and therefore a tiny closet. Can't wait to get out of the Pacific Northwest and back to the Midwest or South so I can rent a massive apartment with 3x the square footage for 3x less the price I pay for my apartment here. I hate it here.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

I comment on the last line only....

If noting is said......Don't you bring the subject up at all.

You have had your turn.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I hang my dresses up in the closet next to my suits, shirts, guy clothes. I keep one end of the rack for dresses (I have only 4), skirts, wraps and any femme clothing suitable for hanging. I used to have a small dresser drawer to keep my panties and lingerie things. Now that I wear panties exclusively (in lieu of male briefs), I've moved panties/underwear over to the main dresser (it's rightful honored place).
    The fact that the SO "knows" makes all the difference in the world. I love having my favorite dresses right there in the closet so that when I'm changing or coming out of the shower, I can don one quickly, get the feel for a while, and then continue dressing for the day as I intended.
    It also reminds me that my Feminine Me is still part of Me; not a separate identity to be isolated and sequestered.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Julie,

Have you thought of using hanging suit and dress covers. Yes your stuff is still there but at the same time it's hidden.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/24190/Full...161023173415:s
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hangerworld...7244093&sr=1-6

A little compromise for the sake of peace?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I built an eight foot closet in my basement. Wedding and prom dresses take up way too much space. Time to figure out where to build another one down there.

Aspiring Member
    I initially expected this topic to be about the metaphorical closet - in which I find absolutely no joy.

Where most of you have physical closets, I have a box. Not the same box that I started off with, but the same kind - an A4 paper crate. I don't happen to have any hoop skirts, ball gowns or the likes, so I'm okay with it for now - notwithstanding that my femme wardrobe actually draws considerably on my homme wardrobe (jeans, T-shirts, jackets, athletic vests) now.

You're supposed to hang certain male clothing like suits, dress uniforms (for those in the uniformed services) and shirts. I don't like to fold my shirts even though I iron them before wear.

Put bluntly, I'm not sure you'd want to leave your clothing out in the open in a DADT situation. Clothing covers are the least you can do.

Reality Check
    You can buy large hanging bags for clothes. I think they are meant to keep clothes clean if they are hung on open rods not protected by a closet. Or maybe for "special" clothes like wedding gowns or tuxedoes. They hang from the closet rod but the enclose the clothing and have a zipper to put the clothes in or get them out.

This would keep your clothes out of sight of your wife but let you get at them conveniently. She would know they were in there (much like your dedicated closet) but wouldn't have to actually see them.

Search the Internet for "Hanging Wardrobe".
    Last edited by Krisi; 10-24-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyy137 View Post
    Where most of you have physical closets, I have a box. Not the same box that I started off with, but the same kind - an A4 paper crate. I don't happen to have any hoop skirts, ball gowns or the likes, so I'm okay with it for now - notwithstanding that my femme wardrobe actually draws considerably on my homme wardrobe (jeans, T-shirts, jackets, athletic vests) now.
    I am going to need a box when I move next year.

On an unrelated note... since I bought 2 bras at Victoria's Secret this past Saturday, I got a free tote bag with my purchase. It's a gorgeous bag, but a little big, so I have decided to put all my bras and panties in the bag instead.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Since I did not start until after my wife died over a year ago, I have taken over the closet and moved her stuff I kept into 2 drawers of her dresser. Lana Mae's things have taken over the other 4 drawers. Hip pads, breast forms and bras are in one drawer. Panties and night gowns are in another. One has plain colored tee shirts and jeans. The last drawer has everything else: girdle, corset, pantyhose, thigh highs, knee highs, and whatever I can not think of!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix