Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting theory !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Interesting theory !

Yesterday I paid a visit to some lovely ladies who run a bridal shop. One of them did a lovely job on altering a dress for me, she asked to see some pictures when I wear it. I showed her some pictures starting with the Union Jack dress I've posted in picture section. She was critical in a nice way, suggesting which wig she thought worked best, but she did comment that I make a very convincing woman, and again yet another GG wished she had my legs.

She then made a very interesting comment , she pointed out that no matter what age we come to terms with it, we do appear to revert to a girl in her puberty and adolescent years, I guess it's the pink fog syndrome, wanting the pretty things , nice makeup, lovely hair .
    She then picked out one picture that she thought made me look the best as a woman, if that's what I wanted to pass as, the dress style, the hair style and the right balance of makeup. I do admit it wasn't my favourite simply because I wasn't well the night before with a sickness bug and it showed in the picture, so she replied , " Welcome to the real World ".
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-23-2016 at 07:01 AM.

I think she is right u look wonderful. Wish I could look just half that good.

Gosh, you look great - very classy lady. Congrats on the look

Teresa, you look great! Like the dress and the shoes and how you look in them. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I think you look great in that dress. It, of course, depends on where you're going, but I actually think you look even better in the Union Jack dress. I don't think it even approaches "too short" status. You've got a great body, and I think that length suits you.

There's so much self analysis that goes into the way we present ourselves in public. I guess sometimes we are afraid to look like we're having too much fun. Or (horrors!) someone might think we're doing it hoping a man might notice us. Maybe we think we gain some "real woman" status by playing down the sexy. You've moved well away from the librarian look of not long ago. I find myself thinking, "Damn! Teresa's HOT! Who knew!".

There are tasteful ways of letting your hair down. I'm certain you can do that very well.

Banned Read only
    Rhonda,
    I think you've read me pretty well !
    The blue dress and similar is what I feel a GG would wear to the social meetings, it's not sexy or frumpy just smart and comfortable, the Halloween night was a bit of fun and it's great to let your hair down and just have some fun ! Saying that I find all the meetings are fun and I don't stop smiling because I'm finally fulfilling my inner needs. As we all know some clothes are just pretty and pleasant to wear, the one in my avatar was like wearing a cloud very light and a bit dreamy. It's what dress designers try and achieve why shouldn't we enjoy it as well, we can also feel " HOT " and sexy or serene and feminine , it's in our brains why shouldn't we live it ?

Teresa to borrow a much used phrase and sales pitch, "you've come a long way baby", glad you've found your happiness.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

You look very stylish and beautiful my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    There's so much self analysis that goes into the way we present ourselves in public. I guess sometimes we are afraid to look like we're having too much fun. Or (horrors!) someone might think we're doing it hoping a man might notice us. Maybe we think we gain some "real woman" status by playing down the sexy. You've moved well away from the librarian look of not long ago. I find myself thinking, "Damn! Teresa's HOT! Who knew!".

There are tasteful ways of letting your hair down. I'm certain you can do that very well.
    Rhonda Jean makes a great point here - there's definitely a middle ground between extremes... And you appear to have found it!

Teresa - you look fantastic in this pic! I think the hair colour really suits you (which supports my philosophy of trying everything going and not just sticking with what was your natural colour - girls don't; why should we? ) and you're showing what I see as a more contemporary, chic mature look, that still manages to make you look younger... Who could ask for more???

I can see the point that we often seem to indulge in a late-onset, accelerated puberty (and possibly also rooted in the style of our formative years) but most of us seem to come out of it at some stage - especially if we eventually intend to present publicly and do desire to blend rather than offend... (That's just the fashion police being offended, not a moral judgment...)

I must go and check out your other pics and see how you've been developing dear...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

You're so pretty and stylish in that ensemble, Teresa!
    I love that light gray top.
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Teresa, you are a very pleasant lady.

Yep, I envy the look. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Teresa,
    The picture of you in the blue dress with light gray jacket is perfect. That is a look that suits and flatters you. A good picture and a very good look. You have certainly come a long way in the last few years. Well done!

Teresa,
    You look fabulous. You have such a smart and fitting look about you and everything you show us on this forum.
    Thank you
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Read only
    I would like to thank you all for the kind comments, it looks like my friend from the bridal shop was right.

I am smiling to myself now I've read your replies because if you saw a picture of my sister made up I would probably pass as her sister. She's eighteen months older and doesn't know about my dressing but if she did see me or the pictures it would probably be an interesting experience.

Carla,
    I thought you might find the theory interesting, she could have a point. As for taking longer to dress tarty , I don't know if you've seen my Union Jack dress photo in the picture section but for me I went over the top with makeup and it took half the time, so if it takes less time to get ready I might just go out as a tart more often !

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    She then picked out one picture that she thought made me look the best as a woman, if that's what I wanted to pass as, the dress style, the hair style and the right balance of makeup.
    It usually boils down to natural "believability."

Does one reasonably look like a GG (and they do come in all shapes & sizes & attractiveness)? Remember, most people aren't originally expecting to see a male presenting like that, so they will give some initial leeway, of sorts.

Or, does one look immediately like an obvious dude in a dress?

Of course, still photos is only a part of the puzzle. One could look totally passable, even just standing there in-person, yet their movements still scream "GUY!"

Real-world presentation is huge. Even tougher when you have to throw voice into the mix.

Anyway, you look great, Teresa! Odds are you'd probably fool me, especially with the cardigan thingie. Your GG-friend has a pretty good eye -- definitely take their word when they're being honest & genuine.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Your slim figure in not only flattering, it's inspiring, Teresa!

I'm sure it's one of the things that makes u look much younger, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Laura,
    The picture was taken in the real World, it was at the hotel where we have our meetings, not sure about the passable bit but it doesn't worry me, my GG friend used the word convincing . It's a good word not used on the forum much and how it fits with passable and blending I'm not sure.

Thanks for your final comment, the jacket was given to me by my wife , I've really taken to jackets, the right style does forgive the male frame.

Sherry,
    I know I keep banging on about the natural look, the dress is a UK size 12, no room for lower padding and yes I have a couple of 7ozs balloons tucked inside my bra and just enough space left to breath.

I appreciate the comment coming from you, to say it's inspiring is very flattering, don't forget I'm not many years behind you .

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Brilliant look Teresa.

Defo very femme and from the photos, the kind of figure I dream of for myself. My cake and biscuit addiction has a lot to answer for.

Becky
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Teresa, That is a lovely outfit.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yup...lovely outfit, great smile, lovely looking lady. Well done indeed Teresa.

Karen

I find this interesting. I am 67 and feel much more comfortable wearing a grey wig while my wife prefers my auburn wig. I think it falsifies my age....but my wife has been blond for decades. I guess I'm just not caught up with the times!!

Banned Read only
    Sandy,
    As you can see, I'm wearing a different wig in my avatar, the one with the blue dress is a nice mixture of blond and light brown which is why she said it suited my colouring. The blond wig worked better when I wore the Union Jack Dress, it's in the picture section , I don't think the rules allow us to use a picture twice in a week. The one my GG friend ruled out was the brunette wig on my profile page, I still like it but she felt the colour wasn't right, also it aged me but it worked OK with the long ballgown.

Reality Check
    You look very nice and convincing in the photos.

You friend is right and she is saying basically what I post here often. If you want to look "right" and pass as a woman, you have to dress and act like a woman your age (and body type).

Teresa, That is an interesting comment by that woman. AKA, the pink fog. I never had that and perhaps the new crosdresser's refer to that often. But yes I still like the nice things. LOL
    Part Time Girl

Platinum Member
    Someone else remarked that you have come a long way. I have to agree with that. You look very attractive in the blue dress. Your figure is excellent.

I don't know whether we all revert back to our puberty and adolescent years. I'm attracted to the "June Cleaver" look. Maybe it's because my first interest in women's clothing during that time period included foundation garments (girdles, garter belts) and slips. It was a rarity in my neighborhood to see women wearing pants. It was always dresses. I do think women, and, therefore I, should dress to reflect my age.

Anyway, you look lovely. I believe your wife would be pleasantly surprised if she were to see you in that outfit. Maybe a little envious of the terrific figure and poise?