Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that was ........awkward

Banned Read only

Well that was ........awkward

So Friday night I went to the liquor store to get a box of wine. I was dressed casual and it was just chilly enough to wear a sweatshirt. So as I'm walking to the section that has the wine one of my canes slips and I fall down. The worker comes over and asks if I need help getting up and gets behind me as I'm sitting. He wraps his arms around my chest and heaves.

After I get stood up something falls out of my sweatshirt It was one of my forms. Luckily it landed nipple down. So I bent over quickly,picked it up and shoved it into my sweatshirt pocket.

I don't know if the guy saw or even cared but it sure was awkward
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-25-2016 at 03:18 AM. Reason: wording change

A little awkward, uh yeah! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

How many canes are you using? Just get the HurryCane and stop falling down. Glad you are okay though.

Yeah, that's pretty embarrassing. I once had a boob escape on a sweaty day when I was walking down the street. It slipped under my sports bra, out from under my shirt, bounced off my knee and made a good three yards rolling. Very embarrassing indeed. Like you, I scooped it up as best I could and pocketed it hoping I never had to hear the story of the people who may have witnessed it.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-25-2016 at 03:20 AM. Reason: altered due to wording change
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Hell-o Laurana,
    You definitely get the awkward award for that one.
    You did make it home with that box of wine, didn't you?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty embarrassing. I once had a boob escape on a sweaty day when I was walking down the street. It slipped under my sports bra, out from under my shirt, bounced off my knee and made a good three yards rolling. Very embarrassing indeed. Like you, I scooped it up as best I could and pocketed it hoping I never had to hear the story of the people who may have witnessed it.
    Odds are that even IF somebody had seen this errant boob try to make good it's escape, they would have assumed that the owner was a breast cancer survivor and would have looked away discreetly instead. I doubt that anyone would be so crass as to make a gratuitous comment in a situation like this.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 10-25-2016 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Altered due to wording chnage

Laurana

They may have noticed something but they may not have been quite sure what they saw, if it was only a glimpse.

I do agree it would feel awkward.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Reality Check
    I think Leslie has the best answer of the bunch. And if somebody had said anything, telling them that would have shut them up quickly.

If your forms fall out of your bra that easily, I would question the fit of the bra. Too big or too loose.

It would have been worse if you were using water balloons and it broke when it hit the floor.

Always wear an underwire bra that fits you well if you are going to wear forms.

The only time I have had one fall out was when I was walking with my head turned, and tripped over a bench. Fortunately no one saw
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Silver Member
    Glad you are ok and I doubt that the fact it popped out, has anything to do with your bra size. I imagine that he gave you a bear hug and lifted, a form could probably pop out of even a pocket bra under those circumstances. Glad they don't break when dropped. Hope the wine was worth it!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    How many canes are you using? Just get the HurryCane and stop falling down. Glad you are okay though.

I use a pair of Walk Easy crutches. I used to just use one cane but my balance has gotten a little worse over the years. It's mostly my fault though. My tips are kind worn and need to be replaced.

Yeah, the owner gave me a bear hug to lift me up. So it wasn't the bras fault
    Last edited by Laurana; 10-25-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Oops. Don't you hate it when that happens? ��

lol thats funny
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I love your story, Laurana! I think what stunned the guy behind the counter the most was he sold a BOX of wine, not the usual glass bottle. Good for you! I thought I was the only one who buys box wine.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I would have needed the wine after that.

Reality Check
    If our puppy had been there she would have grabbed it in her teeth and run off with it, thinking it was a squeaky toy!

Great story!

And our cat would have pounced on it and 'killed' it (and then would have expected treats for being so clever!)
    I would have died of embarrassment. Phew!

Wait... is the awkward part the fact that you were buying wine by the box?

Banned Read only
    It was VERY awkward for him too. Sounds like both of you handled it with grace. Em

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    I would have needed the wine after that.
    Forget the wine, I would have needed a stiff shot (or 2)...and I don't even like liquor....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh my that is awkward but you lived thru it.

I not entirely sure how, but I had one escape on the dance floor. It slithered down a rather form fitting dress. A young man gallantly offered it back to me. No harm, no foul, just some embarrassment.

Aspiring Member
    That's why I like cut-to-fit sponges in my bra. They won't fall out, look nice and are softly pliable. If folks knew they might call me Spongeboob (please note extra 'o')

Ineke

That Wine will get you every time Laurana.
    Angie