Hi Ickyvic,

I cant really help much with your issue on how to fit into mens clothing. Im going... **cough... the other way round. But I can certainly see why your hips are causing you issues. Can we trade bods?

Anyway. The trouser issue is one you will need to work out by experimentation and better advice than I can give you.

But here's something for you tho. When a man is looking at another man and judging his quality - he's not looking at his trouser. As long as it's not trakki bottoms I dont even notice it.

I look at the shoe. It must be a very high quality one and absolutely not by some tacky sports firm like Nike. Real leather upper and sole. Unpatterned. 5 lace string tie. Polished and edging done properly. I buy mine at M+S but I dont know if they operate stateside (suspect not).

Secondly a mans only item of jewelry will be a wedding ring or a watch. I think we can overlook the wedding ring in your case... but the watch is very important. Im somewhat reluctant to go into this as the prices for a good item are just insane. Without naming brands tho - try to avoid the really big "million and one" dial faced ones. They are for idiots with too much money. Dont get gold or gold plated. Stainless Steel or Titanium chain link clasp ones always look great. If you go that route get a colour face that is opposite (so dark green or blue) so that the numerals light up in the dark. A nice alternative to that whole lot would be a light leather strapped ivory watch. As you describe yourself as "tiny" in fact that might suite best. Self winding watches are better if you can afford the extra expense.

I am a man. Like it or not Im a man all day long and only get the chance to take an occasional holiday away from it. I notice these things. Straight men notice them. Gay men notice them. And it's one of the first things we pass comment on in appearance.

And you can wear a watch all day long and be partly "in mode" in open display... and noone will notice. And when you are projecting - BOF - it never left your wrist!