Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw my ex the other day

Saw my ex the other day

My ex was living a 2 or 3 hour drive from where I live so there was no chance of bumping into her until a couple of months ago when she moved a 20 minute drive from where I live.I hadn't seen her in a couple of years until I ran into her at my Grandsons' hockey game.When we were married she was accepting of my dressing although it was limited to the bedroom and only involved a bra, panties, stockings and heels.For quite a while it was enough for me but eventually I wanted more,I wanted to take it out of the bedroom to let Karen be all that she could be.She was not in favor of that happening.Our split had nothing to do with my crossdressing however and after she left I could go as far as I wanted to enjoy this side of my personality.When all dolled up I think I make a better looking woman than she does.She'd be shocked and surprised at how far I've come.Maybe in the future if we can become closer as friends (you can be friends with an ex spouse right?)I'll introduce her to Karen.I think I could do that,she has already kind of seen that side of my personality. We'll see.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pretty vain and rude of you to say you make a better looking woman than she does and you aren't a woman to start with.
    Sorry to call you out on that comment but man that is so wrong.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-27-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Agree with Tracii, she might be 'shocked and suprised' but probably not in a good way. Stick to drab mode if you want to meet her again.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    There is always a reason they are your ex just keep that in mind.
    You were together once then split for some reason so there still may be some bad blood on her side you never know.
    I wouldn't trust my ex as far as I could throw her but I don't hate her.

Silver Member
    Every CD needs to make sure that comment never, ever finds its way into her head. It's nothing but a bucket of spiders.

I would say if thoughts like you look better are in your head, you will probably not get closer. I would slow down enjoy your dressing and work on having a decent relationship with her. They should be exclusive and not connected.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

In answer to your question about an ex becoming friends, YOU GOTTA' BE KIDDING!!!!! If you are thinking this way you are gonna' be in for a big unpleasant surprise. My advice------DON'T PUSH THE ENVELOPE!!!!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Tracii i understand why you said that. What I'm not sure is did Karen mean his ex thought she (Karen) didn't look good as a women. And that Karen thought she looked better then her ex wife thought. That is how I read it at first when I went back I did see the two ways to read it. I hope Karen clears it up.

Banned Spammer
    Connie its pretty frequent someone here will post that they look better than their SO or better than most women.
    One thats a pretty big ego they have,very disrespectful to their SO that is actually a woman.
    It like saying their SO is not attractive or she dresses poorly.
    In my book thats rude and insensitive.

It may be rude and insensitive but it can be true. It is possible for a crossdresser to look better than a woman, but not to be a better looking woman.

Reality Check
    1) It's highly unlikely that you can be friends with an ex wife. You might be able to get along with her enough to go to your children's or grandchildren's events, but that's about it. There's a reason (or reasons) you split up and eventually these feelings will come out again.

2) It's highly unlikely that you (dressed as a woman) look better than your ex wife. You might wear nicer clothes and jewelry, you might put more time into your presentation, but you're still a man. Your ex wife would have to be butt-ugly and 300 pounds for you to even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by somestimeskaren View Post
    .....(you can be friends with an ex spouse right?)....
    Some can't, but some can. My brother and his ex are on very good terms.
    My ex and I weren't a good married couple, but we were good roommates. As our divorce approached the final days, she proposed remaining housemates after the divorce. And I seriously considered it. In the end, we didn't. It seems strange that we both did not want to live together married but we felt we could live together as singles.

Reality Check
    " It seems strange that we both did not want to live together married but we felt we could live together as singles. "

I'll bet that would change as soon as one of you brought a date over to spend the night.

Krisi, you're right aboutvthst. I would have no problem knowing she saw other men (she did indeed have a special friend) but seeing them together in my home is what gave me apprehension about the living arrangement. Hmmmm - OK with knowing but not wanting to see - that's DADT, right?
    Also, I didn't want my CDing activities affected by her guests showing up who knows when.
    It was for both of those reasons I declined.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    1)

2) It's highly unlikely that you (dressed as a woman) look better than your ex wife. You might wear nicer clothes and jewelry, you might put more time into your presentation, but you're still a man. Your ex wife would have to be butt-ugly and 300 pounds for you to even come close.
    Oh, Krisi! Krisi! Krisi! There are some ladies on this site who, if I am a judge of height and weight, are obese. Maybe over 300 pounds. I know some very fine and feminine and attractive women who are obese, even morbidly obese. They were all married to men who saw their fine qualities. I would not define any of them were "butt ugly." I don't even know what that means.

I think I know what you were trying to express in the same manner I suspect Karen was trying to express herself. Perhaps, as I have seen in society it has become so persuasive to "jump" on someone's words without asking for a clarification.

I have 2 ex wives. They're ex's for a reason. Do I want to be friends with either one of them??!!?? No way, Jose!
    Jon

I have two ex wives also, One I would never see again and my first wife I see at Christmas and other family events. She has remarried and I talk to both of them. He is pretty nice and she seems happy. I have been to their house and she still talks to me. But the second wife, never should have married her. Oh well we make mistakes. But i would never be close friends with either of them.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    I have two ex wives to and would I ever get back in a relationship with them?............. ummm no way.
    I will speak to them but thats it.
    Some people do split up then get back together later on and that is something I never understood or have done.
    Its like asking for problems.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-28-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Awfully judgmental of us to suppose she is better looking than he is while dressed. It is possible after all, I've seen some nice looking women on this site, and certainly have seen some discouraging-looking woman in real life. Perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Pretty vain and rude of you to say you make a better looking woman than she does and you aren't a woman to start with.
    Sorry to call you out on that comment but man that is so wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
    It may be rude and insensitive but it can be true. It is possible for a crossdresser to look better than a woman, but not to be a better looking woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    It's highly unlikely that you (dressed as a woman) look better than your ex wife. You might wear nicer clothes and jewelry, you might put more time into your presentation, but you're still a man. Your ex wife would have to be butt-ugly and 300 pounds for you to even come close.
    I guess that we can all agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As one "beholder", I know several couples where the natural male makes a much better looks girl than the natural female does. You're just going to have to trust me on that, because I would never reveal this to any of them and I won't provide specifics here.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

When all dolled up I think I make a better looking woman than she does.
    I think you should compare apples with apples, and compare yourself while all dolled up when SHE is also all dolled up. Or, if there is a substantial weight to height ratio difference between you (if she is overweight and you are not), then you can't compare yourself to her. You should instead compare yourself to a woman who also does not have a weight issue.

As to "better looking", if you are talking about clothing styles, you may not like the clothes she wears but on the other hand, your wife might think that the clothes you wear are silly. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. If you are saying that your facial features are more attractive than hers, then I need to again remind you that beauty is subjective. Also, saying something like this is narcissistic. I cannot imagine any woman worth her salt thinking that she is more attractive than her female friends. If she did, this woman would have no friends.
    Reine

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Black View Post
    .............. I've seen some nice looking women on this site, ..............
    You have seen still photos that may or may not have been of a man dressed as a woman. And even if the photos are actual photos of the poster, they have been selected out of dozens, perhaps hundreds. Looking good in a single photo and looking good "live" are two entirely different things.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    When my ex and I were together, people commented that she looked like Cher and I was real lucky to have her. Seriously? Now she's an overweight smoker that wallows in her sad existence.
    And, because of healthy living, I can look like this at 61 years old. So, what's wrong with making comparisons?

2598p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I think I make a better looking woman than she does. She'd be shocked and surprised at how far I've come. Maybe in the future we can become closer as friends.
    I'd say sometimeskaren is a little bit shellshocked from the 16 tonnes of disapproval that just landed on her head.

This is supposed to be a support group, not a courtroom where you come to get your ass kicked.

Look at her words- she says 'I think I make a better looking woman' not 'I am a better looking woman'.

Then she says her ex would be shocked and surprised at how far her dressing has come- well who knows her ex better, karen or us?

Then she says 'Maybe in the future if we can become closer as friends...', that's maybe and if, so she's not taking her ex's acceptance for granted.

Jeez people, lighten up- this is a relatively new member- I hope we haven't frightened her away.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I am somewhat friends with my x who i told way before we got married in the end she did not accept it .On the rare occasions that i do talk to her she wants to hear nothing about it . My reply is not to be mean im just saying she might not be open to you showing Karen so be careful
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo