Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw my ex the other day

If Karen thinks she looks better than her ex, thats her opinion....
    She might or might not, but its not really our area to judge.
    I have thought a lot of CD's were more attractive than GG's, but its my opinion....
    So, lets not hammer away at someone who is just expressing an opinion

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Carla,
    you look beautiful!

I never understood how ANYONE could ever be friends with someone that you divorced (or whatever). It never made sense. there is a reason why you and that person are not together, why would you want anything to do with that person ever again? Especially marry them again? they left you to go around with all kinds of other people but decided you were the best so they want back in? do you know how INSANE that sounds?

and sorry, I have to disagree with the "you can never LOOK better than a real woman" comment because a lot of CD's / TG's DO look better. There are a lot of pictures here that prove that whether you agree with it or not. I agree with the "eye of the beholder" comment though but pictures don't lie.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Thank you Nikkilovesdresses Very well said!!! I totally agree...
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    I'd say sometimeskaren is a little bit shellshocked from the 16 tonnes of disapproval that just landed on her head.

This is supposed to be a support group, not a courtroom where you come to get your ass kicked.

Look at her words- she says 'I think I make a better looking woman' not 'I am a better looking woman'.

Then she says her ex would be shocked and surprised at how far her dressing has come- well who knows her ex better, karen or us?

Then she says 'Maybe in the future if we can become closer as friends...', that's maybe and if, so she's not taking her ex's acceptance for granted.

Jeez people, lighten up- this is a relatively new member- I hope we haven't frightened her away.
    You are saying that people shouldn't tell the truth? That we should "support" each other by lying? Only respond with "You poor baby." or "You look hot in that dress."

If she didn't want honest responses, she should have made this clear in the original post or better yet, not have brought it up at all.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    .............. and sorry, I have to disagree with the "you can never LOOK better than a real woman" comment because a lot of CD's / TG's DO look better. There are a lot of pictures here that prove that whether you agree with it or not. I agree with the "eye of the beholder" comment though but pictures don't lie.
    You didn't read my other post, did you?

As I tried to point out, this is the Internet and there's no guarantee that the pictures you see posted are of the actual poster. We can post pictures of GGs or whoever and there's no way to check if they are actually us or not.

Even if the photo is of the crossdresser, that's just one good moment in time and one photo of many that the poster selected.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    and sorry, I have to disagree with the "you can never LOOK better than a real woman" comment because a lot of CD's / TG's DO look better.
    All you have to do is read the comments of a YouTube video of any number of young, somewhat-popular, and, quite frankly, pretty hot & legit-looking, CD/trans.

Some GG's, themselves, will openly admit that they don't look anywhere near as good.
    But yeah, let's just totally disregard those.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I am friendly with my ex wife and even friendlier with an ex girlfriend, I do not speak to my estranged wife and don't think I ever will be friends with her, she hurt me too bad. Now my wife is pretty and sexy but her style is not very feminine and I also believe I make a much nicer looking woman than her, I have been told this by people. It is not rude or insensitive to say you look better than a GG. A lot of women do not dress very well and walk around in public like slobs, so just because you are a "real" woman does not mean you automatically look better than a CD that takes the time to look presentable. Sometimes I wonder if some people own a mirror. I may not "pass" but I dress nice and present well. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    This is supposed to be a support group, not a courtroom where you come to get your ass kicked.
    I think you are confusing being supportive with being positive in all circumstances. Sometimes being supportive means being upfront and honest, even if its something that will be construed as criticism or negative. There is another community where a user posted a pic asking if she passed, and I said no, and got attacked by so many other users saying I need to be supportive. Sorry but telling someone they pass when they actually don't is not being supportive and not being helpful in any way. By saying they don't pass, you can say why and they will be more likely to improve.

and sorry, I have to disagree with the "you can never LOOK better than a real woman" comment because a lot of CD's / TG's DO look better. There are a lot of pictures here that prove that whether you agree with it or not. I agree with the "eye of the beholder" comment though but pictures don't lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by laurababe View Post
    All you have to do is read the comments of a YouTube video of any number of young, somewhat-popular, and, quite frankly, pretty hot & legit-looking, CD/trans.

Some GG's, themselves, will openly admit that they don't look anywhere near as good.
    But yeah, let's just totally disregard those.
    Yes there are MTF transwomen who look good, but they have been on horomones and gotten surgeries like facial feminization to get to that point. As crossdressers who are not on horomones and have had no surgery, we have a much steeper hill to climb, so I will be more skeptical of someone claiming they look better than a GG.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

Yes, some crossdressers and transsexuals can be better looking than many genetic girls, there is nothing extraordinary in that. Being born female does not imply that you will be automatically a better looking female. Obviously for us it is more difficult since we need to hide more male features but it is not impossible, there are men with natural soft features and women that are terribly ugly, due to weight issues, an over production of testosterone, masculine facial features, or simply bad genes according to the current beauty standards... So yeah, it is perfectly possible that you are a better looking "female" than your ex, I do not know you or her to judge but, of course that can happen. Many people thought (including myself, and even my ex) that I made a better looking female than one of my exgirlfriends, I would hate to sound egocentric but it is a personal example in which at least some people agreed about this, I did not look extremely pretty (not even now), but she really was ugly (I loved her for many other wonderful things, I am not so superficial), but due to my body shape, height, legs, and even facial features in comparison with her, many clothes looked better on me than on her. Obviously, she looked more "passable", but you do not need to be 100% passable to look attractive, they are related but they are different things, femininity is not equal to better looking. So well, the point is, while your birth sex can give women a huge advantage in this respect for obvious reasons, sometimes it is not enough.
    Last edited by Valery L; 10-30-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    Yes there are MTF transwomen who look good, but they have been on horomones and gotten surgeries like facial feminization to get to that point. As crossdressers who are not on horomones and have had no surgery, we have a much steeper hill to climb, so I will be more skeptical of someone claiming they look better than a GG.
    Years ago, my GF at the time & I were talking about some guy we knew.

She admitted that at one point prior to us hooking up, she was once attracted to him & wanted to date him.

I asked why she never tried to make that happen. Her honest & blunt answer: "Because I could never go out with a guy who was prettier than me."

Now, mind you, this GF was pretty damn good-looking, and I was the envy of quite a few guys, LOL. Yet at the same time, she had a point... This guy was *pretty* -- and this was his normal everyday MALE self. No make-up, no wig, no women's clothes, and certainly no hormones or surgery.

Not sure if he was privately into CD'ing, but I gotta admit, he'd make a pretty hot & quite-passable chick, ha!

Well, attractiveness is not gender related. Attractiveness is measured in the same way for guys and gals - face dimensions, symmetry, and so on. So obviously an attractive man will make an attractive MTF crossdresser/transwoman.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

There are some of us that have separated of their wife for some reason or another but still have feeling for them. I know of a couple in OH that separated because she did not tolerate his crossdressing. But after years later they got back together. Now she not only tolerated his dressing. she insist that he dress up full time.
    This is just rare case.
    My marriage broke up bacsue she hated my crossdressing. Even though at that time it would confine to inside the bedroom when she in not there. She knew about even before we got married and she thought she can changed that after the marriage. If you want to stay with her as friends, talk to her about how she feels about you crossdressing before coming out.

Oh, but it most certainly can be gender-related.

He was not what one would call a "handsome" guy (who may or may not make a decent-looking CD/TG) -- he was a *pretty* guy!

Like, he looked more like a chick than he did a guy. He made an attractive female. And again, this was his natural male state.

Yeah, he most certainly looked better than many GG's out there.

He'd be crazy if he didn't/doesn't CD!

yeah, this thread isn't going anywhere good. Maybe you guys (yes I said guys) should grow up a little and quit throwing rocks
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,