Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing frequency

Question Dressing frequency

I've been a member for a couple of months, lurking for a little before that. I have immensely enjoyed the threads, often living vicariously through many of the members and their activities. One thing I have wondered about how you dress. No not the obvious, but how much, or how little and is it daily etc. Of course I do get a good feel for it from the threads, but I am curious about such, and how I fall on the frequency/intensity sprectrum.

What I mean is, do some/any of you keep your dressing at bay for say days on end, living just an absolute drab existence until you can get that Saturday alone and go all out? Or do most incorporate some feminine items on a daily basis, be it underdressing, putting on a little perfume, women's deodorant, jeans, moisturizer, whatever the case may be.

Since the pink fog seems to be constantly ebbing into my existence, I like to underdress and more each day, not that anyone would notice. I hardly ever get a chance to dress fully as it turns out. I wonder if in fact I worked out an arrangement with my wife that I could say dress to the nines each Saturday afternoon, could I give it up for the rest of the week for that joyous event. I don't have that arrangement currently and should me and my DADT wife ever come to any agreement, I would have to think about something along those lines if it came up.

Traci

Banned Read only
    During the week I'm mostly a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal

I get up, put on a sweatshirt and gym pants and go to the gym. When I'm done I come home and put on a bikini bottom so I can go back and go swimming(there's about an hour and a half between me finishing my workout and when the pool opens). In my backpack is a pair of pants, panties and a t-shirt. I go home and put on a bra and forms.

When I'm ready for bed I put on a night shirt/gown or some sort of pajamas.

Then I get up and do the whole thing again.

That's Monday-Saturday. On Sunday I'll put on something more "girly"(like my avatar pic) along with makeup.

Now, there are times that during the week I'll get dressed with makeup if I don't have anything to do. But at this point I don't consider it crossdressing. It's just dressing.

Hi Traci, I guess it depends on your lifestyle. I travel a lot and take some things on the road with me but not too much because they can become a huge distraction. I work from home too so when I am in the office I'm almost always dressed with heels, pantyhose, dress, bra, forms, jewelry, etc, as it just is more comfortable for me to sit behind a desk that way and puts my mind in the right place. Somedays when the timing is right with my wife's blessing, I fully transform make up, nails, and all. I'm a pre planner so I prepare for it so I won't be interrupted or distracted because I wasn't paying attention. Taking it all off is the hardest part but I sure enjoy every second I have it on.
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

I think everyone is different because of different situations. My wife is very accepting but I don't push it. She married a man so therefore I feel that's what she should get. I try n dress to the top when she is gone for a day. When she is here I still underdress and enjoy that also. I believe that because she is so accepting is that I'm not shoving it in her face every second. I also enjoy my manly type things to completely dress daily. I go to the farm, hunt, fish, and have buddies that would not understand any amount of why I would want to dress, thus I'm not out and will never be probably.
    I think every one has to adjust according to their life's situation.

Hi Traci, my wife is accepting, as well as encouraging. But due to a day job, and a side business, I'm left with very little time to dress. It seems lately, my best opportunity is Sunday evenings. I can at least get a few hours in. No makeup yet, though. But someday soon, I hope.

Samm

Aspiring Member
    My dressing is irregular. A lot of it depend on my wife work schedule. I usually can plan a week in advance. I try to dress at least one a week or every other week. however during the summer if I dress every 3 or 4 weeks I am happy. I have been all or nothing until today. I went out underdressed for the first time. it kind of kick knowing you have that little secret. My wife is ok with me dressing as long as she does not have to see me dressed.
    Sara

I live with my daughter who does not want to see daddy in a dress! She works Monday thru Friday and is off every weekend! I am semiretired and work 12 days a month! On my work days, I am mostly in drab! So, I have at least three days a week to dress in one form or another! No wig and no makeup. I try to dress as fully as I can at least once a week and underdress when I can. Underdress with at least panties and women's sneakers, try for daily! Some days it does not happen but I am secure in how I dress regardless! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    I am out to my wife who has no problem with my cross dressing so I have opportunity whenever, BUT... I am all-or-none when it comes to dressing and I hate staying at home so the bottom line is that I have to have a reason to go out. That can be any daily errand, of course. In the end it's a few times a month on average and as many as 5 or 6 times in a really busy month (mostly summer).

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For me Traci I do underdresse everyday as I only wear panties, but on most days I will dress in something at home as my
    wife and I work opposite each other. So not only does that allow me that I also will go out and do everyday errands as Leigh
    which has become quite enjoyable.

Every day, there is something feminine about me. If nothing else, my ears are pierced and my nails are done. Usually, at a minimum I am wearing panties, and more often than not in 'guy mode' I am still wearing at least 50% female clothing, though not blatant things like skirts. Typically I am wearing earrings that a guy might choose to wear, and the
    jeans are women's, but not overtly feminine in design or decoration. Maybe 45% of the time my jeans do have obviously feminine decorations on the hip pockets.

As for going full femme, I would prefer to aim for 50% for each, but right now it is more like one day in 7 en-femme, though almost all my social time out of the house is en-femme.

I am unemployed right now, so that is a constraint on how often I put on makeup and go out en-femne.

I always go 100% when I dress, it's all or nothing

I dont do back to back days because I want my face to settle down after shaving it

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylyn View Post
    I think everyone is different because of different situations.
    Yep.

I'm single, no kids, self-employed, work from home.

I dress 7 days a week, for a huge chunk of the day.

Of course, 99% of the time, dressing for me these days is just about the clothes. No wig, no make-up, no padding, etc.

Typically just some yoga pants or leggings, and a hoodie -- with running shoes if I'm going out. Shaved body (except lower arms) & painted toes, though nobody sees that but me.

And I go out in public like this. Not trying to pass as a woman or anything, obviously, and of course no one mis-genders me.

Will get an occasional look from people when wearing certain leggings. But I don't really care.

Anyway, before all this, I didn't dress for like 3.5 years. No desire, no need, really didn't miss it.

I'm enjoying where I'm at now. I believe I found my happy-place.

Im with Dol....100% or nothing because that is what I like...that said I will occasionally sleep in a slip and panties...( so lied a little)
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm an all-or-nothing dresser as well. If I'm lucky, I get to dress about once a month, usually when I'm travelling for work.

I'm all or nothing....at least from the neck down. I dress about once a week, and would have ample opportunity to dress more often, but I prefer not to. The less I dress, the more profound and enjoyable the experience when I do.
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

I have been wearing panties full time since the 1990's. Many, but not most, nights I wear a bra and nightie to bed. My son is home just enough to preclude me from dressing as much as I would like. Every day or so I will be able to throw on a dress. It is only for 30 minutes to an hour because life gets in the way.

I average 2 times a week and I am a all or nothing too and if I don't shave I don't dress. My advantage is my hair and complexion let me enjoy a minimal investment for everyday look. I dress just like the women my age here in the rural south does. Mostly leggings and jeans or trousers but just like them to go out I will do the heavier makeup and a dress or skirt and on occasion one of my longer wigs. But the summer heat is why I have so low an average, sweat and makeup don't mix well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Traci H View Post
    ... I wonder if in fact I worked out an arrangement with my wife that I could say dress to the nines each Saturday afternoon, could I give it up for the rest of the week for that joyous event...Traci
    I have come to realize it is not about what you give up. No matter the frequency or infrequency, it is more important to take advantage of the opportunities and fully enjoy them. Instead of lamenting about not dressing, I conjure up the thoughts of the times I could. It always brings a smile and lifts my spirits.

I mix and match, female and male clothing, depending on the days activities. Around the house, probably full femme clothing, but no wig or make up. If leaving the house, it's underdressed as a minimum, but most often I suppose some would say, androgynous, without wig and minimal make up. But at least twice a week, full femme, forms, body shaping, wig and make up.
    I also wear a nightie, every night. My wife and I both buy the same brand, but are both careful not to wear the same colour nightie together!!

My work schedule dictates when I get to dress, but typically it's usually about 3 or 4 times a month.

I'm an all or nothing dresser because this is what I need now to be fulfilled. There was a time when a few articles of clothing would be enough but that is longer the case.

In my case, I am an early riser so this affords me the opportunity to dress (without hair or make-up). My wife has seen me dressed this way on more than one occasion and we are at the DADT stage. We have spoken about my"need" to be dressed and she is NOT happy about it but is tolerating it. I try not to flaunt it but there are times when I get to rapped up in my own needs. If I can't dress for whatever the reason, I ALWAYS have on panties, thigh highs and sometimes my bra. The frequency of all this is usually 4-6 days per week.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

A nightie every night and underdress about twice a week

Aspiring Member
    Hi Traci

I am in a DADT arrangement with the SO and don't do make up or go out. 2 or 3 times a week when she is out at shops, dog walk etc I will put on a bra and forms under drab for an hour or two. Also 2 or 3 times a week if she is home I will spend an evening dressed in my man cave. Currently the SO is unwell and I am sleeping in another room in nightdress, bra, forms - so far for a week. If she is away for a few days I will dress all evening and into the night, and early mornings. I posted here that a few weeks ago that while the SO was away I did some decorating en femme. Great fun. Everyone to his own and it all depends on circumstances.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Platinum Member
    Hi Traci, I dress for three or four hours every morning and a couple hours a couple evenings a week
    when I dress it is all the way with full makeup and jewelry.

My wonderfulWife of 53yrs. is DA/DT but tolerates it, She just don't want to see me while I am dressed.

En-Drab I wear panties and ladies jeans and I wear three Diamond studs or
    two Diamond studs and a small gold hoop in the bottom hole when in drab mode
    Also I have a light pink nail polish on 24/7......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Traci, I am also in a DADT and also "don't want to see any sign of it", so I have to wait for everyone to be out of the house. On days / weeks when that is not happening, I look at my pictures to get me thru. On occasion, I might go to work with pantyhose underneath my pants.
    Hugs, Ellen