Thread: If You're Still In The Closet

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar

If You're Still In The Closet

If you're still in the closet, and someone discovers your nail polish, you can just say it's survival gear and show them this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVjDVmtdSE
    xxoo
    Jennifer

I will have to add this to my list of excuses
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Nail polish almost did for me once. I've had to do a few 'emergency undresses' in the past, but coloured nails are something you cant just take off. After a very close call never used it again, much as I'd like to.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

You can also use clear nail varnish to coat cheap jewellery to stop it discolouring or reacting with your skin. This is especially good for the wires on cheapie earrings which can sometimes irritate my lobes and cause them to swell a little.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nail polish comes in a bizillian colors, and it dries quick and hard. I tell people I use it on my plastic models trim to get just the right color. I got the idea from doing just that; there was a model that needed a particular shade of orange that I had to touch up; brought it into the beauty store, told the girl at the counter what I needed, we went through a lot until I found exactly what I needed. I've done the same thing several times now.

Like pink? Build a pink panther mobile model car. It needed several shades of pink to finish.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have 60 or 70 bottles of nail polish in my scratch repair kit.
    I use it on guitars,cars,furniture etc lots of great uses for it.

I would tell everyone that my daughter or granddaughter did my nails and I forgot about them.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You can use whatever excuse you want but people aren't going to believe you.
    Its pretty much the same as saying you lost a bet, everybody knows you are lying.
    Best thing is to tell the truth and say you like wearing nail polish.

Banned Read only
    Jennifer,
    I have a love /hate relationship with nail polish I love wearing it but it always gives me problems, even the ones that claim to dry in sixty seconds don't , I've had to drive in tacky nails and left marks on the steering wheel, and been desperate to go to the bathroom and left marks in some very odd places.
    My family know I wear it and do make the odd comment about not forgetting to remove it before going out the next morning !

I use clear nail polish to kill chiggers too, little bugs that bury themselves in your skin when you walk in long grass while camping or doing other things in the woods.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Platinum Member
    Years ago I too had a close call. My wife was out of town for a week. Plenty of time to play..fully play. I had already put nail polish on when I got a call from my daughter-in-law that she had locked her car keys in the house. She had to get to work and get my granddaughter to school. She knew I had a spare set of keys to her house, so she called me. There I sat with full facial makeup and nail polish and dressed. Shedding the clothes was easy. Washing the face took longer. But the nail polish was a quick messy job. When I arrived at her house she was waiting for me to tell me she had called my son, who gave her the security code to the garage door. By the time I arrived she already had retrieved the keys and was waiting to tell me I did not need to fetch my keys. Great! Since then, forget the nail polish. Too much of a hassle.

I guess I am still in the closet??? My manicurist wanted to paint my fingernails so we went with clear. A number have seen no comments! Showed them to coworker who recommended the nail shop! Does she know? For now it is Ok and no problem!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Here's a trick I use since I fall into the same boat with sometimes having to do a quick change.. Paint your fingernails first with clear polish making sure to get the cuticles and into the grooves around the edge of your nails, then apply your regular polish leaving just a bit of regular nail around the edges, and keep a jar of the nail polish with the built in scrub brush that you can just stick your finger in and twist (find one with the brush instead of the foam insert if you can ~ they work much better), When it's time to change out of Girl Mode you can literally take off your polish from both hands in about a minute without having all the telltale traces that you've had it on.

Keep a pair of cheap work gloves handy, if you have to answer the door. Or rubber kitchen gloves.

I once mentioned to a clerk at Rite Aid that the red nail polish was just the right color for my model fire trucks, and cheaper than model paint.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Jennifer, thanks for posting! I learn something new everyday on this site.... And to think I just thought it was good for my nails....

This is a long the same lines as MzAlexis. Paint your nails with a clear coat. Then use press on nails [you can get them pre-colored]. In the emergency change back, the press on will pop right off and not leave any glue behind because of the clear coat.
    I actually use regular glue on nails and color them before I put the on.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u wish to remain in the closet, don't wear nail polish out.

If u wish to out yourself? Wear nail polish, or your Marilyn Monroe outfit out in public.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Get a JAR of acetone nail polish remover. Dunk your individual fingers in it and rub the nails against the sponge. Polish is gone in seconds. Use cuetips for edges.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenn You can use nail polish to color earrings I had a card of pearl studs and made them different colors

For the forth of July I made a set of Red White & Blue studs ......
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 11-04-2016 at 06:58 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

This is great, it also works as loctite too. Thanks for the info.

You know you're a crossdresser when.......
    This is great, it also works as loctite too

You can also tell folks that like Ultimate Fighting Champion Chuck Liddell, you like to paint your toenails:

http://m.nailsmag.com/blogpost/10362...toenail-polish