Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: wedding dress

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    There is nothing more exciting than wearing a bridal gown. I had the good fortune years ago to be in the fashion show at First Event in Boston and modeled a few different formal gowns before being the finale in a bridal gown. I've attached some photos taken in the lobby after the show. Most straight hotel patrons thought we had just been married and congratulated us. That's Sam, my old boyfriend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd wear a wedding dress if I were getting married. Otherwise, no thanks.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I own a lovely dress which i found on ebay. I bought the dress and then took it to my seamstress and had it fitted. Getting it all on with everything does take awhile and if you wear a corset the first rule is put your shoes on first, because after being cinched up you can not bend to put shoes on. The hoop skirt makes for some fun when trying to use the restroom stalls (FYI stalls are not made for hoops skirts). I had tried on a couple of dresses at a bridal salon and knew I had to have one. The feeling is incredible and I felt so pretty.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

It would have to be the right dress.. for me. I have no plans to marry but it would be nice to try on a nice, well made, flowing, chiffon gown. I do love looking at the prom and bridesmaid sites so I would go that route too if the opportunity presented itself.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

I did a wedding dress photo shoot and LOVED it! I felt absolutely beautiful and loved my photos (check them out here: http://www.kattscloset.com/photos.html).

I bought one a longtime ago from a store going out of business. But got rid of it during a purge.

I've tried on my wife's and daughter's dresses.

I also, while dressed in Vegas did one of the fake photo shots where they put your face onto the photo of a real "bride" came out funky but they made me look younger and thinner :-/

Great statement. To paraphrase "They are totaly impractical But the sure are fun" I love your statement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Jennifer,
    Your wedding dress pictures are so beautiful, and you are so nicely poised for each picture. There is a feeling that is so magical when wearing a wedding dress.

Wedding dress.....count me in. I think that would be an amazing experience.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Silver Member
    I also have two long full wedding gowns with the poofy petticoat underneath it and the veil. Always thought it would be nice to get married and to be the bride. It does seem the ultimate feminine outfit and one you will always remember particularly if you have a video or camera.

I have zero interest in wedding dresses. That's a little strange coming from a mainly fetish dresser. But I have drooled looking at some very pretty prom dresses.

In April 2004 I bought my first formal gown. It was for my first formal activity with a support group in Atlanta. Prior to the event I asked Phoebe Cross to help me with a dress rehearsal. The attached photo was the result. I hope the photo shows up in the message. Heather Anne.jpg

Hate to say it but I have two, the one I like the most has a zipper up part of the back and then buttons the rest of the way up. Now if I can just figure how to button the buttons from the middle of my back on up. Make sure to get a caroline slip for it, it just finishes it off; and I love the extra weight it adds. Watch out for the train, it is is to step on it. Have fun, thanks for asking. Brenda

I love wearing wedding dresses and have several of them.
    I prefer the full satin ones with hoopskirt or crinoline underneath
    Something about wearing them makes me feel even more like a woman!!
    I do plan on being the "bride" if i ever get married

Junior Member pantyhoselvr kendra's Avatar
    I had one at one time. With all the white satin undergarments i never felt more feminine. Wished i had a groom

Love wearing a wedding dress...

Knull Lodge 043.jpg

I have stated it befor and I still stand by it. I want my own wedding dress even if I have to tailor it myself. I keep looking.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

never occurred to me to wear a wedding dress...even when watching "Say Yes To The Dress" although there are plenty of dresses that wedding GUESTS wear that I wouldn't mind trying.

I had a photo session about 6 years ago and had several photos taken wearing a wedding dress it was a beautiful dress with a long train, it was a wonderful feeling,To me it is the ultimate for any crossdresser.

Silver Member
    Wedding dresses are fun to try on, but I don't have the desire as I did when young. My sisters liked it t0o before their weddings. But I don't ever think they did it after. I never did try theirs on. Nor did the second one to get married try the firsts. I think it has certain connotations for most women. Neighbor's daughter left her dress in their garage for years. Very expensive dress (thousands) and a waste to leave hanging for years.

Not interested in the white wedding dress fashion, but if I could pass, I would love to play a bridesmaid role at a wedding.

I go back and forth on this subject all the time. About 10 years ago, I moved to a new city and finally was able to really get in to dressing outside of my home. (I'd lived in a smaller town with too much opportunity to get caught.) I started to get the curious itch of what it would feel like, and finally booked an appointment at a bridal store close to where I worked, but off the beaten path enough to be safe. It was nice, and they were super accommodating, even though I only had chicken cutlets.

A few years after that, I booked a fitting at David's Bridal around Halloween, with the excuse of a costume party. The SA there was pretty accepting, but I made sure to book the first appointment of the day. I had actual forms now, but nothing that would work in a strapless dress without a strapped bra. This time, thankfully, I was saved by my wallet's emptiness, as I found a perfectly fitting dress.

That prompted some serious regret, and while I eventually bought another "wedding" dress from Macy's (I also have its match in purple) I still want to go for another fitting at a more serious bridal salon soon.

20150512-CD Unsorted-D7000-0768.jpg20150512-CD Unsorted-D7000-0770.jpg20150512-CD Unsorted-D7000-0772.jpg

I can see how for some it might be the quintessential dress. The idea of wearing a wedding dress has never crossed my mind and doesn't interest me.

My wife and I went on one of Melanie Rudd's cruises back in 2010.
    It just so happened to be on Halloween, so as our costumes, we decided to go as Bride and Groom. The thing is, though, was the twist. I was the bride and my wife was the groom. I had trouble finding a wedding gown that was affordable (didn't want to spend a lot of money on it for just a one time thing). Needless to say we turned a lot of heads when we went to the Halloween gathering, Lol. We posed for many pictures from the party ers but unfortunately didn't take any for ourselves. I really enjoyed that cruise as I was enfeme for 5 whole days'.
    I wish someone would pick up where Melanie left off and resume the Dignity (crossdressing) Cruises.
    Last edited by DonnaWanna; 01-15-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Andrea, that is a great dress!! you make a great woman!