Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wedding dress

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, That is one of the two things that was on my CD bucket list, The other was getting pierced ears......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No interest what so ever in wedding dresses. Just not my thing.

Silver Member
    I've been lucky enough to try on several wedding dresses. Owned one which I wore to a H-party. I think it has a lot to do with the hype about the occasion of a wedding. The wearing of special lingerie and knowing you will be the object of everyones attention brings additional pleasure.

I do find it interesting that after the wedding very few GGs try on or wear the dress after the marriage.

I have to admit it was a fantasy thing for me. It was one of the things on my bucket list when I went to Amanda Rich's for a makeover and photoshoot. She actually had a classic style wedding dress in (close to) my size and I did get to wear it for the photoshoot. For me, it was the ultimate in femininity.

I was so excited about the photoshoot that I even bought a few wedding gowns in my size on eBay.

In fact, I'm wearing the wedding dress in my profile pic. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to post a photo that shows more of the wedding dress. If someone were to just twist my arm a little . . .
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    I have already worn a ball gown more than once. It isn't something I'd want to wear daily, though should the occasion arise I'd be glad to. Getting it up is already a pain in the neck, much less walking in it. I don't deny the beauty of the garment though. I would certainly love to wear a conventional wedding gown, although I'm more than sure that if I do tie the knot in a dress it'll be knee-length. There is definitely a certain mystical allure to the idea of a wedding gown, though; it'd be much too symbolic for my liking as well.

It would be fun. The materials and the "white" are the draws for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I found a NEW wedding dress at a Flea Market a couple of years ago... was but $30. Worn it twice, but not practical. Someday there may come a reason to wear it again.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I've tried several on at thrift stores but none fit me well. I got married 2 years ago on Halloween, an angel costume was a substitute.

Yes a wedding dress would certainly do it for me with the corset to go with it of course

Julie

I have two wedding dresses and the petticoats to go with them. I love wearing them.

I owe several and love wearing them.
    To me, its the ultimate in feeling like a GG.
    The feel of the satin, the long train, the heavy material.....
    It all makes me feel like a GG.
    They are so affordable online that for any girl not to own one these days is just their decision.
    You can get them for as low as $25 online in auctions and even the dedicated websites are very reasonable.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Might be okay to try as a one-off, but pretty impracticable otherwise.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    I was going to start a thread about wedding dresses; that is definitely on my CD to do list.

Years ago when I was a teen, my aunt and uncle moved into my parent's basement, and my aunt brought her wedding dress. One day when no one was home, I took it out of the plastic sheath, and tried it on. It was heavenly; because it was an 80's wedding dress there were frillies and lace, but at that time gorgeous. My aunt was rather slender, so I had a tough time getting into the dress, and I could not zip up the back, but since then I've always wanted to try on another wedding dress that actually fit (and no frillies and minimal lace).

Wendy,

I used to try on my mom's all the time until my parents caught me wearing it when they came home early from a dinner date
    Boy, was that a bad night at the old homestead!

Wedding dresses are not practical at all. They take up too much space in a closet and are expensive. There is nowhere to wear them out in public. Currently, I have seven of them. I have been to many, many bridal stores trying them on. Putting on the undergarments and sometimes a hoop skirt or petticoat. Letting the SA help me get into the dress. Then walking out to the platform and looking at myself in the big mirror while we figure out what we like and don't like about the dress. Sometimes I just get down from the platform and we browse the racks looking for the next one to try on. Ah, wonderful memories.

I would like to own one just to wear it occasionally. I have looked at them at the Goodwill but never bought one.

If I were 20 years younger, I might be interested. At 67, I'm just too old.
    Please call me Lisa!

It's probably one of those things where reality can never equal the fantasy. I mean, who wouldn't want to get dressed up pretty to the max, primped and styled, fussed over by other women who try to make us look as lovely as possible, constantly being told how beautiful we look, all while daydreaming of eternal love, happiness (and financial support) for the rest of our lives? Let's face it, they're designed to make the bride look and feel as wonderfully beautiful and as feminine as possible, to keep the husband-to-be waiting for her at the end of the aisle. So yeah, they look great. But from what I've heard from the girls, actually wearing and navigating in them is a PITA. Around the house, the train will catch on everything, and it can get dirty so very quick.
    I'll daydream about it. But actually buy one, nah.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Wearing a wedding dress is awesome. I have shopped several times for wedding dresses over the years. David's Bridal by the airport in Seattle was the best experience. The manager helped me out trying on gowns. I felt pretty and that isn't something I feel very often.

Tracy

Funny -- I'm not just uninterested in wearing a wedding dress, I actively dislike the very idea. I have absolutely no positive (or even neutral) reaction to it. So I assume I have some personal trauma there.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I would try one on but would not buy one. They are a keepsake and not practical even if they are sooo feminine! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

No interest in a wedding dress

jodi

I like elegant clothes, but only in the appropriate circumstances. I'd be thrilled to wear a wedding gown to actually be married in (not that there's much likelihood of that anytime soon), but have no interest in them otherwise.

- Diane

I would love to actually dress as the bride and have a secret wedding ceremony with my GG wife, who is dressed as the groom. But this dream will never be fulfilled.

I would really like to wear a wedding dress for a while just to appreciate the feel of femininity and check it off my bucket list. I also would like to try on a prom dress and formal dresses of that nature.