Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many would-be public Halloween dressers have chickened out so far?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

How many would-be public Halloween dressers have chickened out so far?

Fess up!

I'm preparing myself for next year

I don't "dress" for Halloween because, being a cross-dresser to me is not a "costume", and I just can't see doing the whole" woman in a costume" deal while I'm still just exploring my own boundaries.

Aspiring Member
    I always wanted to go dressed, but my friend are kind of boring. I have never been invited to a costume party.
    however now a agree with marlene. I don't feel that is a costume. it is who I am.
    Sara

I have dressed on Halloween several times - not sure what I will wear on Monday

Banned Read only
    Laura,
    It was the first year for me to have the chance to dress up and I wasn't going to miss it, like I said in my thread in the picture section it wasn't the usual Halloween outfit . It was also Trafalgar Day in the UK so it gave me the idea of the Union Jack outfit. The next one for us apart from Xmas party frocks will be St. Patrick's Day.

If you think you might chicken why not do it in style in a chicken outfit !!

Marlene,
    We had a lot of fun at our meeting, many of the GGs joined in with the costume theme, next time I go out it will be back to dressing nicely for the evening.
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-29-2016 at 04:01 AM.

One of these Halloweens I'll dress up as Belle. Maybe next year:P

Overall I agree with Marlene. I go out off and on already doing regular stuff, shopping, etc, so I no longer view Halloween as my "one chance" of the year to go out dressed (I realize for many, it is their one chance, so I'm not docking it.)

That being said, I have this dress... It's a Halloween costume dress, shimmery purple form-fitting velvet with rough-cut black lace trimmings. It's floor length in the back, and cut above the knee in front. The style is kinda gothic/witch/diva. It fits great right now, and I know I could totally rock it this weekend. My problem - where?? I don't know of any actual cool Halloween events going on this weekend except maybe the RHPS live performance which would be pretty fun. So its with a little melancholy that I might sit it out this year.

I admit it. I have chickened out so far. May change my mind

Sarah,

There must be some outstanding halloween events going on at LGBT friendly bars/clubs in the Minneapolis area!

Nikki
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Hi Nikki - I know, right? There's a few bars/clubs that are my favorites, but last time I checked their online calendars I didn't see any events outside of the norm. Maybe I just need to go anyway!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not a costume to me either and being trans is not something I wish to make light of.

Monday (Halloween) will be my tenth consecutive year going out dressed in a femme inspired costume and probably twentieth time in total. It's always been a great experience for me. I've received many, many positive comments, most always from women. A recent favorite was when a attractive 20 something women walked directly up to me and whispered, "you are a beautiful creature" and then walked back to her date (husband?). May not be the ultimate compliment to someone contemplating transition but to me, a crossdresser, it was ecstasy.

Life is way too short to be a Halloween-only dresser, its even shorter to be a Halloween-only dresser and chicken out

For me, a regular dresser out in public, Halloween basically means being able to wear more risky outfits.
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricki4678 View Post
    I admit it. I have chickened out so far. May change my mind

But thanks for your honesty.

Oh, and like *all* the girls are doing it. Get out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Not a costume to me either and being trans is not something I wish to make light of.
    So you typically wear cat make-up & ears on most days?

id rather not have to say that ive chickened out every year,but i have and have months of regret everytime. I buy a costume or a new dress every year and have made it out the front door a few times even drove around once but always became too afraid to put myself directly in the mix of things

For those who dress out in public regularly, Halloween provides an opportunity to wear something that wouldn't blend into the crowd the rest of the year. Others might not be "out" to their friends so this is a great opportunity to dress around them. Halloween isn't as much about cross dressing as wearing something fun and different. I wore a wedding dress to a friends costume party last night. We all had a great time and nobody made anything of it.

I am going to a Halloween party this evening. I will be zombie girl and hope ll goes right as I know all these people and have always present male around them. LOL well maybe a bit non-binary at times. But yeah I won't chicken out. It should be interesting.
    Part Time Girl

I haven't Chickened out yet. I am hoping to go out in a maid costume or sally from nightmare before Christmas. We will see if I make it out the door

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dolovewell View Post
    Life is way too short to be a Halloween-only dresser, ....
    Yup. 364 other days can be yours!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I agree for those of us who go out Halloween is just another day but with that said I love dressing up in something fun and
    this is the perfect time of year to do so. With that said I don't have a special outfit for Monday and prob won't be dressing at
    all because of wife being home. She is recovering from a fall she took at work so I've been helping her, and her recovery

Aspiring Member
    I never do anything for Hallowe'en. It's never piqued my interest, even as a kid. Even my kids don't like going trick or treating or bother doing anything with costumes. We used to carve pumpkins, but we've grown out of that, too.

Banned Read only
    Holly,
    It's only recently that it's started to take off in the UK , I will admit kids knocking at my door doing trick or treat use to annoy me , and we never carved pumpkins . It was bound to creep in because it makes a lot of money for shops selling cheap costumes, as parents we must hope they are safe to wear and are suitably fire retardent .

It is a great excuse to wear something you normally wouldn't and have some fun .

Gold Member
    My wife would dress me up for Halloween; real cute in a French Maids outfit.
    I did love wearing it to hand out candy to the kids.
    But now that she is gone, Well I just do not have the gum shim to do it by
    myself. OK, Call me a Chicken, I guess I am.
    I do dress up most other days that I stay home, and under dress all the time.
    Rader

I'm not. I'm crossdressing as guy tonight.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning