Thread: Place to go and be free

Place to go and be free

I know that this is probably a dumb question but, my so and I are able to be at a beautiful place in the mountains for a long weekend and the conversation as turned to if you could go away to the smokey mountains and spend the time as you please would you be more out to go if you could be free to be yourself with your so . the reason that I am asking is because we are thinking of buying a place and letting all the girls know. I am only thinking that this would be a very private home that would allow couples, families, and or small groups.

Banned Read only
    Trish,
    Once you've bought the property what you choose to do with it is up to you.

We owned a cottage by the sea and let it as holiday accommodation, we never met who rented it so we didn't know what went on in it but it wasn't a problem. Eventually we sold it to two really nice guys.

I miss it so much now, I'm in a DADT situation so I would have used it for some time away to dress. I may have invited or let it to other CDers, so to me you have a good idea and should go for it.

I think that would be wonderful.

So you're talking about setting up a cabin in the mountains as a "retreat" of sorts for other people? I would HIGHLY recommend talking to a lawyer and insurance company first. If anything happens to someone while on your property, you could be liable.

Trish a great idea. I use my caravan on the east coast as a good place to be KayegirL, with my SO.
    The only problem with your place in the smokey mountains is that it would be a long way from England.

Banned Read only
    Micki_Finn,
    Yes you take those precautions as normal procedure, I couldn't believe how some items were broken, I tried to make mine a home from home but some people don't see it like that. In fact I wondered sometimes what their homes must be like when they can mistreat someone's property and leave as much mess.

Check with other homeaway property owners. It can be a positive experience
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Banned Read only
    Sorry to be "cold water" on your loving idea. By my experience says...only if you knew the couples WELL. Em

Sounds good for couples and/or families! Keep costs for upkeep in mind. I am widowed and for now anyway want to get out among the muggles!! I want to everyday things dressed. Like groceries, bill paying, gassing the car, etc. Good luck!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My first wife and I owned a resort cabin just outside Pigeon Forge Tenn.
    I was a one family type structure on top of a mountain with only six other cabins on the little curvy road going up the mountain.
    We split and that property was sold off.
    Anyway I wish I was able to keep it because it would have been long paid off and I could have moved down there and spent my retired days up on the mountain.
    Its a great investment and if you can swing it deff look into buying one or see what the resorts down there have to offer.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    I know that feeling, my cottage was on the highest point along the Norfolk coast, you may not know it but the North Sea can be pretty wild in winter but it was still a great place to escape to.

I think that is an excellent idea. I have always been someone that is looking for new investment. I looked at this idea few years ago from investment point of view. I live in Austin. I wanted to buy a house or ranch house in a small sleepy town just outside of Austin and open up get away for crossdresses. They would be free to dress and do whatever they wanted. But then I realized that even in Austin, there just wasn't enough crossdresser interested in to make profitable. If I had the money, I would have bought a house and invited other TGs to come but I just couldn't afford that.

I hope you venture goes well. Finding the right location is very important.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well the Smoky Mountains is a resort hotbed so you will get more traffic but I wouldn't turn down folks if they wanted to rent it for a night or two no matter what they wish to do in it within reason of course.
    If you buy and not go thru the resort as an agent your traffic flow will be very low so therefore making a profit will be lower.
    If you cater only to CDers don't expect to make a lot of money.