Thread: Which washroom?

Which washroom?

Went out for dinner last night with a few friends, they came back to our house for drinks. Of course the cross gender washroom issue came up and what's this world coming to allowing men to dress as women. My freinds wife said that if she was in a washroom and a cross gender came in she would scream and run out because that's just plan creepy.
    My wife was quite but wanted to explode with a comment, all I said was, why don't we go on with our everyday life and let others go on with there life.
    I looked at my wife's friend and asked her what washroom should be used
    : a crossdresser can be gay or hedrosexual, so they shouldn't be in a women's washroom because they can be attracted to women
    :a crossdresser is portraying a women so they shouldn't use a men's washroom.
    : gay people are attracted to there same sex, so they shouldn't go to there type of sex washroom. I told her I didn't hear her complain about if a gay women walked in the washroom, if she would run out screaming.

My big question looking her straight in the eyes was, what washroom do we use? and which washroom do you feel comfortable using?
    Her answer was to ship the gays and cross genders to a island and leave them there, I said I have a better idea, why don't we ship her off to a island and we here can work out a compromise and we can live all together.
    I told her that she has the perfect answer, the perfect and normal people like herself live here, but all the screwed up people have to leave, or maybe we are normal for trying to find compermise and she's not normal for being so closed minded.
    She's very lucky that I'm not like her, because her son has a mild disability and I could have dragged her in the mud alittle, and I could have asked her if her son should go to the island as well, but I choose not to go there. Nobody else seemed to disagree with her and it went quit so I realized there's a long way to go here and I changed the subject but let's just say, we are not looking at each other the same.
    People will change but it's going to take time, a lot of time. Sorry had to vent.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 10-30-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Since when do they separate laundry facilities by gender?
    28 years old, 6' tall, 155 pounds
    Measurements: 33 bust-28 waist-37 hips
    Dress Size: 6, Bra Band Size: 34

There are a lot of people I want to send to that island!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wouldn't talk to her anymore and just ignore her.

Silver Member
    Here's some bad news for you. It's been said that a paradigm shift takes place because the old guard dies off, not because they changed get their minds. You see this everywhere these days. When someone who is committed to a bad idea is presented concrete proof he is wrong, he doubles down in his commitment to his ideas, rather than changing his mind.

The good news is that the generations coming up behind us do appear to have a greater capacity for tolerance, and things will improve. One pitfall is the potential backlash from the remaining old guard bigots before that transition is solidified. But I'm still hopeful.

Banned Read only
    Living in NC...try not to go...Lowes stores have a third bathroom. Things were easier before HB2...people who wrote the law had no knowledge of CD or TG so acted out of DUMB!!! Enough said!!

The bathroom part is the cover up for the discrimination part. The discrimination is not just LGBTQ+ but female, racial, ugly, anything your employer wants to use to fire you!! This bill is nothing but poison! There were no problems about who used what bathroom until this bill came out! It is just so much BS! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

There's so much more awareness in the general public about transgender people, that everyone is "on the lookout" for trans people in the bathrooms these days. Five years ago, a trans woman who didn't pass could go into a women's restroom and there likely wouldn't be much commotion. But now? Good luck...

And I agree with suzanne in that the public perception won't change until the older generation passes on (which is why it's important to pass legislation to protect trans rights, for those who are living now).

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    It sounds like your friend's wife will be more than happy to piss her own pants while waiting in a long line for the women's room -- you know, instead of simply using the available men's room, which is just, well, "creepy."

Something about geese & ganders, blah blah...

never used the mens room when dressed, had a few smiles as I re apply my lipstick at the mirror.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz