Thread: Visit to the ER

Question Visit to the ER

Has anyone else on this forum had this experience? I suffered a suspected seizure last week and my wife called 911 at about 3 am. I woke up in the hospital (Delaware's Kent General) and I am okay after they ran all the tests. But, here's the odd thing: my cute nightie and Playtex secrets 36DD bra are gone, replaced by a hospital gown. My wife inquired at the ER, but they didn't know what happened to my clothes. Is it possible the EMT's cut everything off and threw it out? I guess I should be happy I'm home with no ill effects.
    Life is too short; wear a sexy bra every day!

Silver Member
    First, to answer your question, I've never had or heard of your experience. But maybe the EMTs needed to place monitors or whatever.
    The main thing is it's good to know your health is okay. That must have been quite a scare, especially for your wife. It's definitely sad to be missing some prized clothing. I know how hard it can be to find just the right pieces, and then have to replace them. But again, the main thing is your health is good. You can celebrate with a shopping trip, and what you pick out just might have extra meaning.

My wife is a nurse who ran many ER's; and having crossdressers show up is nothing new.
    Normal hospital protocol is for a patient's belongs (all of them including clothing) to be secured in a bag, sealed and protected for them. Your stuff is somewhere in the Emergency Dept or hospital. The EMTs don't have it.

Glad you're well now, dear. God's peace.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

My wife collapsed once, luckily right outside the hospital. EMT's cut her top, and bra off, and left them on the sidewalk when they drove away. Ironically, they drove her to the emerg. door in an ambulance, some fifty feet away!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I had a seizure in 2000 and one in 2012.
    The one in 2000 I was at home when it happened and I woke up on the couch in my undies with EMT's talking to me.
    I asked the what are you doing in my house and why am I almost naked?
    The doctors did all the tests and couldn't find a reason for me having the seizure.
    The second one I had in a guys wrecker as we were taking my Mustang to my house. Long story but I think the intense flashing police strobe lights triggered the seizure.
    He took me to the ER and they cut my work coat and work shirt to shreds but I still had it on.
    Glad you are OK now thats the important thing.
    If you want to PM me with questions please feel free.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 11-01-2016 at 10:50 AM.

First, I am glad you are OK! My wife had two heart attacks and they cut up both sets of clothes never to be found again! Again, happy you are OK! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Dore, I'm glad no apparent real issue. Does it really matter, your health is more important than anything else.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

When I had my heart attack six months ago, I was in drab except for pair of thongs. But I was conscious throughout. They cut cut my shirt and made me remove it and my chain with cross.

Amongst other things I've been a EMT/Advanced EMT for over 30 yr's now, (and I am still on a rescue truck when I want to be),--So to help answer your questions, if you were actively seizing when EMS arrived, and you were just in a nighty and bra (no undies??) in bed, then yes, very very likely the EMT's took your nighty off, and most likely your bra also to place cardiac monitor leads all across your chest, as we do 12 lead monitoring now--the days of 3-lead monitoring are long gone. And a number of 12 lead monitoring points go straight across your chest just about where your bra line would be. If you had been conscious and alert when the got to your home, then it would have been approached quite a bit differently.

However, the thing I can't figure out or help you with, is what happened to them, esp. if you have checked with your wife and the hospital you were at. Hmmmm.....?

I would have thought the EMT's would have handed them to your wife while they attended to you in your bedroom, and at worst the would have ended up on your bedroom floor or thrown on top of a dresser,...so have you checked underneath your bed by chance? If not there, then I would check with the ambulance service that transported you. They will know which unit transported you and when, and who the crew was. If Advanced Life Support is only provided by the transporting ambulance crew's in your community then your local 1st Response EMT's may have, out of an abundance of caution, just swiftly gotten you out of the house and into the ambulance to have the paramedics take over---so your clothing may have ended up there. That is always a consideration with serious cases, either ALS the patient in the house or get them just right to the ambulance and do ALS enroute to the receiving hospital.

In either case, sorry to hear you have missing stuff, but at least you are o.k., now and I hope you are feeling better.

P.S.-- You also have nuged me to check on something that has been on my mind lately, as I have two nice Playtex Secret's bra/panty sets and I need to see if I can still fit into them !!!--it's been awhile

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I think I know what is going on in your mind--------"OMG, they all know I crossdress!!!!! Now everyone will know that I'm weird!!!!!! The EMT's have seen it all, and I MEAN SEN IT ALL!!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"