Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tried something new today

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    Wearing a skirt or dress and only presenting as fully feminine is engaging in the same masculine/feminine stereotypes many crossdressers would like to see go away. If you want to present only as fully feminine when you wear a dress or skirt, that's your choice and I think it's great. But anyone should be able to wear a dress or skirt if they want.
    Yep!

In another thread somewhere here in the recent past, a GG had mentioned something to the effect of: if you want society to "be cool" with someone wearing a certain article of clothing that's typically worn by the opposite sex, then enough people are just going to have to get out there & start wearing it without giving a damn.

The example she used was women starting to wear pants way back when, which was unheard of at the time & caused a bit of an uproar, but the principle remains the same -- and I whole-heartedly agree.

BTW, understood that's not for everyone. And that's perfectly fine. But understand that some do actually do this kind of stuff, myself included, because we like to wear what we wear & are comfortable enough with it. I suppose it also may assist in perhaps achieving what I talked about above. Just a tiny drop of water, sure -- but eventually enough of those drops, and, well...

Pretty great to be out there like that. It does set a statement and the more people do it the est uproar by society.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I get so tired of members telling others how they CD is wrong.

I'm with the OP. I've been going out in skirts for 18 months now, even to work. I wear stockings and tights sometimes, don't wear heels or female tops. I have a couple of pairs of mostly flat ladies shoes, but I haven't actually worn them in public because I'm not sure in my own mind that they work for my look.

Anyway, I sometimes catch the odd double take, or puzzled stare, but most people either don't notice or just go on about their day. I don't feel I'm doing any harm to the image of Crossdressers because I'm nit trying to be one. That is, I'm don't feel like a woman and I don't feel the urge to look like one.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Banned Read only
    A lot of the above posters make some very good arguments, andro is good, that's how I am dressed now but IMO when you take it as far as Heisthebride did a feminine face would be nice.